THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BFG4

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by BFG4 »

rodders999 wrote:Watching the games at the weekend got me thinking. With United 1 nil down Jose made a change at HT bringing on Fatty for Carrick. Does any Statto on here know when was the last time that we made an unforced sub during the break to try and change the game? Answers on a postcard please. I genuinely cannot ever remember it......but most be wrong surely?
The amazing thing is that it doesn't matter how much of a pile of shit the 1st half has been, he will send the exact same personnel out for the 2nd half, with the exact same 'tactics', and just hope it changes. Imagine being an opposition manager, and going in leading at HT against us. You'd expect a new team to emerge for the 2nd half, and instead you get the exact same as the 1st half, Which plays completely into your sides hands. Even the lesser managers must think Wenger is crazy.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

BFG4 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:Watching the games at the weekend got me thinking. With United 1 nil down Jose made a change at HT bringing on Fatty for Carrick. Does any Statto on here know when was the last time that we made an unforced sub during the break to try and change the game? Answers on a postcard please. I genuinely cannot ever remember it......but most be wrong surely?
The amazing thing is that it doesn't matter how much of a pile of sh1t the 1st half has been, he will send the exact same personnel out for the 2nd half, with the exact same 'tactics', and just hope it changes. Imagine being an opposition manager, and going in leading at HT against us. You'd expect a new team to emerge for the 2nd half, and instead you get the exact same as the 1st half, Which plays completely into your sides hands. Even the lesser managers must think Wenger is crazy.
Couldn't agree more with that and the standout game for me this season where it happened was away at Old Trafford where from the minute the second half kicked off there was an onslaught from United which put us under massive pressure and them taking the lead looked inevitable. I was sitting there screaming at him to do something to change the flow of the game and he sat there doing......NOTHING.

Mata finally got the goal in the 68th minute, a full 23 minutes into the half where he simply sat there staring into the abyss and look maybe the goal wouldn't have been prevented even if he had made changes but the fact is he didn't even try.....he never does.

The times of the subs that day - 73rd, 80th, 83rd minutes :roll:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Arsenal PLC ramping up the Wenger PR....must be getting the sheep ready for an announcement - hes not just built players but men

“You may say that we haven’t won the title for a long time, but he has not just built players, he’s built men too,” Koscielny told Arsenal Player.

augie

Post by augie »

Redarmy wrote:Arsenal PLC ramping up the Wenger PR....must be getting the sheep ready for an announcement - hes not just built players but men

“You may say that we haven’t won the title for a long time, but he has not just built players, he’s built men too,” Koscielny told Arsenal Player.

I like kos as a defender, but I have to say that there is not one of those weak, bottling shower of w**kers that play for us, that I wouldn't get rid of in the morning if it meant getting shot of that senile French c.unt :evil: I mean what kind of bollox is that "he built men" line ?? Is that an old line from an army recruitment poster ? :?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Redarmy wrote:Arsenal PLC ramping up the Wenger PR....must be getting the sheep ready for an announcement - hes not just built players but men

I like kos as a defender, but I have to say that there is not one of those weak, bottling shower of w**kers that play for us, that I wouldn't get rid of in the morning if it meant getting shot of that senile French c.unt :evil: I mean what kind of bollox is that "he built men" line ?? Is that an old line from an army recruitment poster ? :?
It's a misquote. What he actually said was; “You may say that we haven’t won the title for a long time, but he has not just built players, he’s built rich men too.”

:lol: :roll: :lol:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

The spin machine has gone into overdrive for sure, in the last 10 days alone we've had Ozil, Mustafi, Giroud and now Kos all coming out with the pro Wenger rhetoric. The groundwork is being laid, the inevitable is now imminent lads :suicide:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

augie wrote:

Built men lol fuck me :oops: he's built bank accounts nothing else..I can't think of many players le fartpipe has made better in the last dozen years :roll: he's fucked up a fair few careers though,arsepiece that he is.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

falkirk goon wrote:
augie wrote:

Built men lol fuck me :oops: he's built bank accounts nothing else..I can't think of many players le fartpipe has made better in the last dozen years :roll: he's fucked up a fair few careers though,arsepiece that he is.
100% agree

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

it's that sort of pompous attitude that totally encapsulates wenger's view of football management. develop human beings first, win trophies second.

absolute fucking twaddle.

Kvltman

Post by Kvltman »

Wow, he has built men as well as a new stadium, all with his own bare hands. He is God! I expect when he does finally leave the first bad result under the new coach will result in a swarm of locusts engulfing the Emirates stadium, with Giroud and Walcott being told to build a big fucking boat!

I think we all knew the contract extension was extremely likely, but seeing it becoming more and more reality with all these squad endorsements is really depressing anyway. Makes me think the announcement could be in the next couple of weeks even.

Still, who else could possibly do the job...

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Kos is a decent defender, but this new contract means he clearly isn't anything close to resembling a winner. Anyone who has been here 7 years, and seen the shitshow of results, and complete embarrassments in that time, and still signs up for another few years, must be an absolute loser as a footballer. I'm sure the AKB'S will be lining up to blow him for signing a new deal, but will scold winners like Sanchez, who don't see the point in hanging around for another few years of lies and false dawns under crackpot, and his statuesque buddy Bould.

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

Is he gone yet?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

That is fuckin' Cringeworthy - If anything he has done the opposite - made mice outta what might have been men...Jeeeeezzzzusss H Christ! - It is obvious that not only does wenger live in fuckin' La La Land - But so do the players. Fuckin' embarrassing that's what it is. :oops: :oops: :oops: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :cussing:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

OneBardGooner wrote:

That is fuckin' Cringeworthy - If anything he has done the opposite - made mice outta what might have been men...Jeeeeezzzzusss H Christ! - It is obvious that not only does wenger live in fuckin' La La Land - But so do the players. Fuckin' embarrassing that's what it is. :oops: :oops: :oops: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :cussing:
Men..LOL....is that the same "Men " we saw at Everton and Man City recently??? running scared like frightened school girls

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Redarmy wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

Men..LOL....is that the same "Men " we saw at Everton and Man City recently??? running scared like frightened school girls
I know ffs :oops: I watched him and Gabriel get fucking ragdolled at Goodison :oops: flung about like empty shellsuits :oops:
cocks.