THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:Right now I think that I am skating a fine line as regards whether my kids remain Gooners for the rest of their lives or not - the missus wanted to bring our kids over to the game v Leicester in march as a pressie for my lads confirmation. I hate to say it but I downright refused to do it because the impending contract extension has me on the brink. We have now decided to bring them to madrid for the weekend to see a real madrid game (none of us even like real madrid ffs :roll: ) and I know that my stance on all things AFC at the mo, is raising the very real possibility that my kids might just turn around and support a different team instead, or turn their back on footie altogether :( The ironic thing is that a former staff member of our's has just had her first baby, and cos I know that the boyfriend is a Gooner, I went out and bought the child some Arsenal clothes :oops:

People will say that I/we shouldn't throw the in towel/turn the back on the club cos wenker's time is running out, but how long should I be prepared to wait ? I joined here at the start of the 2007/2008 season, and back as far as then I have wanted him gone - that is almost a decade of frustration waiting for an arrogant self absorbed w**ker to get out of my club, and now I am supposed to wait another 2 years (at least) for a competent ambitious manager to take over ? Fcuk that :evil: As parents we are supposed to want better for our kids and having sworn that I would bring up my kids as Gooners for life, I now feel it is unfair of me to expect them to piss away their lives following a club without ambition just cos their old man is a Gooner ?

As you can tell, right now I feel I am drowning in a Gooner depression :oops:
Stop talking like a fucking bitch. :lol: :wink: Raise your kids as Gooners. Yeah it's shit at the moment, but that is character building.

My dad raised me a Gooner throughout the shit 1970s and early 80s. I'm raising my kids as Gooners now.

You need to do the same thing. 8)

It's not about winning or losing ffs - back in those days I too was a Gooner, but back then if things were not being run right heads rolled and managers were sacked. The club might not have been successful on the pitch, but at least there was an ambition to be successful. If players were sub-standard/shite or constantly injured, they would be got rid of or hounded out by the fans. These days there is no ambition to be successful from inside the boardroom or inside the dressing room, and what's worse the fans have been worn down to the point that they expect and accept it as obedient customers should. We have clung to the hope that things will change and that le cock's time is almost up, but the reality is that it doesn't seem like it is nearly up, and there doesn't seem to be any will to change things by those that run the club :evil:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:Right now I think that I am skating a fine line as regards whether my kids remain Gooners for the rest of their lives or not - the missus wanted to bring our kids over to the game v Leicester in march as a pressie for my lads confirmation. I hate to say it but I downright refused to do it because the impending contract extension has me on the brink. We have now decided to bring them to madrid for the weekend to see a real madrid game (none of us even like real madrid ffs :roll: ) and I know that my stance on all things AFC at the mo, is raising the very real possibility that my kids might just turn around and support a different team instead, or turn their back on footie altogether :( The ironic thing is that a former staff member of our's has just had her first baby, and cos I know that the boyfriend is a Gooner, I went out and bought the child some Arsenal clothes :oops:

People will say that I/we shouldn't throw the in towel/turn the back on the club cos wenker's time is running out, but how long should I be prepared to wait ? I joined here at the start of the 2007/2008 season, and back as far as then I have wanted him gone - that is almost a decade of frustration waiting for an arrogant self absorbed w**ker to get out of my club, and now I am supposed to wait another 2 years (at least) for a competent ambitious manager to take over ? Fcuk that :evil: As parents we are supposed to want better for our kids and having sworn that I would bring up my kids as Gooners for life, I now feel it is unfair of me to expect them to piss away their lives following a club without ambition just cos their old man is a Gooner ?

Stop talking like a fucking bitch. :lol: :wink: Raise your kids as Gooners. Yeah it's shit at the moment, but that is character building.

My dad raised me a Gooner throughout the shit 1970s and early 80s. I'm raising my kids as Gooners now.

It's not about winning or losing ffs - back in those days I too was a Gooner, but back then if things were not being run right heads rolled and managers were sacked. The club might not have been successful on the pitch, but at least there was an ambition to be successful. If players were sub-standard/shite or constantly injured, they would be got rid of or hounded out by the fans. These days there is no ambition to be successful from inside the boardroom or inside the dressing room, and what's worse the fans have been worn down to the point that they expect and accept it as obedient customers should. We have clung to the hope that things will change and that le cock's time is almost up, but the reality is that it doesn't seem like it is nearly up, and there doesn't seem to be any will to change things by those that run the club :evil:
Take that cock out of your mouth ladyboy. :lol: :wink:

Who said it was about winning or losing? :roll:

Yes, the club is a bit fucked. Yes the owners and the Board are unambitious cúnts. Yes, Wenger is a busted flush and no he ain't going anywhere soon. So just man up, suck that shit in, and raise your kids right ya fucking whining bitch. :box: :censored:

Anyone else needs some psychological counselling just drop me a line.

:D :wink:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:it's that sort of pompous attitude that totally encapsulates wenger's view of football management. develop human beings first, win trophies second.

absolute fucking twaddle.
Absolutely, if he wants kudos for bringing through young uns let him be a youth development officer - we need a manager whose driving force is winning trophies

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:it's that sort of pompous attitude that totally encapsulates wenger's view of football management. develop human beings first, win trophies second.

Absolutely, if he wants kudos for bringing through young uns let him be a youth development officer - we need a manager whose driving force is winning trophies
Exactly. Also, our "successful" youth policy is a myth. Since Cuntly Cole we have produced nothing but bench warmers for Palace type teams. :roll:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Take that cock out of your mouth ladyboy. :lol: :wink:

Who said it was about winning or losing? :roll:

Yes, the club is a bit fucked. Yes the owners and the Board are unambitious cúnts. Yes, Wenger is a busted flush and no he ain't going anywhere soon. So just man up, suck that shit in, and raise your kids right ya fucking whining bitch. :box: :censored:

Anyone else needs some psychological counselling just drop me a line.

:D :wink:
Wow the return of Ask Gus...... Im sure augie feels a lot better now? :shock:

NickF

Post by NickF »

Found this on YouTube (watch from about 80 seconds in).
The Scottish fella really rips into the club, management, board and fans. May be uncomfortable for some,but don't think the guy is wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFmy1tZlsWU

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Wilson wrote:The truth is, Wenger wants to stay, because he wouldn't find a worthy job elsewhere, and doesnt want to retire because he doesnt have any outside hobbies like Ferguson. Its not about him 'building something' here at Arsenal. He just wants to stay as Arsenal manager, because its all he knows. Its got nothing to do with the good of the club. Simply put, he wants to stay because he has no where else to go, or nothing else to do. Even if we finish outside the top 4 and lose Ozil and Sanchez - he will still sign that contract. In fact, talk in the papers is the deal might be signed in March. Even though Wenger categorically stated he wouldn't make a decision until AFTER the season. But given this year looks like it could be a complete disaster, he is thinking he might need to sign the deal before we fall outside the top 4, and fail to tie Ozil and Sanchez up.

Its just like forcing Henry out of the club, as Henry was a senior figure we Arsenal fans could get behind if this season went tits up. So by getting rid of Henry, there was no internal candidate to succeed him if we fans turned against Wenger violently. Wenger purged would be successors to protect himself. Its also like the Welbeck injury announcement. We needed a striker two seasons ago, but Wenger resisted, and then announced Welbeck was out for 8 months a day after the transfer window closed. He did this because the pressure to sign a striker would have went to the extreme if we knew Welbeck was injured. And now again, Wenger is looking at an early contract to lock himself in as manager, as there is every possibility this season could really turn bad, given finishing outside the top 4 and losing Ozil and Sanchez is a real possibility. So, he wants to renegade on his promise to evaluate his position until after the season - because he fears that if we finish outside the top 4 and lose Ozil and Sanchez, it makes it so much harder for him to sign a contract.

He is a just a filthy liar, who will back stab loyal servants (like Henry), will lie to the fans, and will break stated promises, simply to protect his position as manager. Him staying has got nothing to do with the good of the club. The truth is, Wenger just doesn't want to leave irrespective of whats best for Arsenal - and he will do anything and everything to cling onto his position.

Main reason he wants to stay is the £8.9 MILLION he receives for failure

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:some great recent posts on here.

for me its just the ridiculous spin and false optimism that continually comes out of the club that annoys me at the moment.
just seen on the main Arsenal website an interview with Ramsey.

on what repeatedly coming from behind says about Arsenal…
We definitely need to start the games better to give ourselves a bit of an easier job to do. We’ve shown good character to come back from losing positions but it’d be nice now if we could turn that around and start off by leading the game.

"if we could turn that around and start off by leading the game" :lol: :lol: :lol:
er we did that twice in December v Everton and City and we ended up losing you stupid welsh :censored: :banghead: :banghead:
Oi! GR Less of the Racism! :box:

Though I do agree with the rest of your post, in that Ramsey is a 'stupid' :censored:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Redarmy wrote:
Wilson wrote:The truth is, Wenger wants to stay, because he wouldn't find a worthy job elsewhere, and doesnt want to retire because he doesnt have any outside hobbies like Ferguson. Its not about him 'building something' here at Arsenal. He just wants to stay as Arsenal manager, because its all he knows. Its got nothing to do with the good of the club. Simply put, he wants to stay because he has no where else to go, or nothing else to do. Even if we finish outside the top 4 and lose Ozil and Sanchez - he will still sign that contract. In fact, talk in the papers is the deal might be signed in March. Even though Wenger categorically stated he wouldn't make a decision until AFTER the season. But given this year looks like it could be a complete disaster, he is thinking he might need to sign the deal before we fall outside the top 4, and fail to tie Ozil and Sanchez up.

Its just like forcing Henry out of the club, as Henry was a senior figure we Arsenal fans could get behind if this season went tits up. So by getting rid of Henry, there was no internal candidate to succeed him if we fans turned against Wenger violently. Wenger purged would be successors to protect himself. Its also like the Welbeck injury announcement. We needed a striker two seasons ago, but Wenger resisted, and then announced Welbeck was out for 8 months a day after the transfer window closed. He did this because the pressure to sign a striker would have went to the extreme if we knew Welbeck was injured. And now again, Wenger is looking at an early contract to lock himself in as manager, as there is every possibility this season could really turn bad, given finishing outside the top 4 and losing Ozil and Sanchez is a real possibility. So, he wants to renegade on his promise to evaluate his position until after the season - because he fears that if we finish outside the top 4 and lose Ozil and Sanchez, it makes it so much harder for him to sign a contract.

He is a just a filthy liar, who will back stab loyal servants (like Henry), will lie to the fans, and will break stated promises, simply to protect his position as manager. Him staying has got nothing to do with the good of the club. The truth is, Wenger just doesn't want to leave irrespective of whats best for Arsenal - and he will do anything and everything to cling onto his position.

Main reason he wants to stay is the £8.9 MILLION he receives for failure
Actually that's more like £9.3 Million Per annum PLUS Bonuses. :banghead:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

NickF wrote:Found this on YouTube (watch from about 80 seconds in).
The Scottish fella really rips into the club, management, board and fans. May be uncomfortable for some,but don't think the guy is wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFmy1tZlsWU

not wrong....spot on about the fans, board and Wenger....

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

Thanks for the well thought out replies & viewpoints to my earlier post calling for demonstrations against a new Wenger contract.

I agree with all that has been said & know that many have already tried before but it's our duty for the future of our once proud football club & supporters to at least make one last stand & protest. :box:

There is a lot of apathy out there on this issue, last night I sent messages to 10 Wenger Out groups on Facebook calling for the same demo at the Bear roundabout at home games, I have yet to receive a reply, nor has none of these groups even made a recent post regarding the new Wenger contract issue.

As I said earlier it's all right moaning in the pubs & the internet but protests are needed. :barscarf:

Can everyone on here who is involved with or has any connection to protest or any other supporters groups please at least contact the members calling for protests to be made against the new contract.

None of the Wenger out or other protest / supporters groups have even made their viewpoints known on the new contract. It's time for fans at least to get their views known to the club on this issue. :barscarf:

Any help getting protests organised & organising opposition to a new Wenger contract is much appreciated. Cheers :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

StuartL wrote:

Still waiting for the striker he's going to develop through the youth set up some 20 years after joining the club and supposedly revolutionising everything. Still not one homegrown striker worthy of the name in two decades

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

NO NEW CONTRACT FOR ARSENE WENGER Facebook group :barscarf:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2279398 ... page_panel

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
StuartL wrote:

Still waiting for the striker he's going to develop through the youth set up some 20 years after joining the club and supposedly revolutionising everything. Still not one homegrown striker worthy of the name in two decades
Striker? Why limit it to striker, chaps?? What about CH? CM? DM? RB? GK? The only player that has come through our youth system and gone on to be a top player is the filthy judas phone molesting cúnt Cashley A-Hole. :x :censored:

And he had more success with the fucking chav than he had with us! :roll: :oops:

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Revenue results are in again this year. The 7th placed cub in terms of global revenue, ahead of Chelsea, Liverpool and Juventus.

Sure we ae not the richest, but we are not fuking skint either. SO why the club pleads poverty, and the pundits keep getting away with saying Wenger is operating on a 'budget' is anyone guess.