THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
NickF

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by NickF »

Almunia is a clown wrote:Thanks for the well thought out replies & viewpoints to my earlier post calling for demonstrations against a new Wenger contract.

I agree with all that has been said & know that many have already tried before but it's our duty for the future of our once proud football club & supporters to at least make one last stand & protest. :box:

There is a lot of apathy out there on this issue, last night I sent messages to 10 Wenger Out groups on Facebook calling for the same demo at the Bear roundabout at home games, I have yet to receive a reply, nor has none of these groups even made a recent post regarding the new Wenger contract issue.

As I said earlier it's all right moaning in the pubs & the internet but protests are needed. :barscarf:

Can everyone on here who is involved with or has any connection to protest or any other supporters groups please at least contact the members calling for protests to be made against the new contract.

None of the Wenger out or other protest / supporters groups have even made their viewpoints known on the new contract. It's time for fans at least to get their views known to the club on this issue. :barscarf:

Any help getting protests organised & organising opposition to a new Wenger contract is much appreciated. Cheers :barscarf:
Have you contacted DT? Like him or loathe him, the fact is he has a very big twitter following so could help get the message out.

Kvltman

Post by Kvltman »

http://www.football365.com/news/quote-u ... -tiki-taka

Interesting read. The part about the moving the opposition around through passing bit is I am sure what Wenger aspires for but I doubt he has any idea how to teach it.

Consequently we have ended up with the shit sideways Tika Taka as described by Guardiola!

Not that he is enjoying life in the PL much right now mind!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Kvltman wrote:http://www.football365.com/news/quote-u ... -tiki-taka

Interesting read. The part about the moving the opposition around through passing bit is I am sure what Wenger aspires for but I doubt he has any idea how to teach it.

Consequently we have ended up with the shit sideways Tika Taka as described by Guardiola!

Not that he is enjoying life in the PL much right now mind!
We don't do Tika Taka. Tika Taka is a fast and fluid system that moves the ball accurately and quickly from box to box. We do Tippy Tappy. Tippy Tappy is a shit slow system that sees players take too many touches and continuously pass sideways and backways to retain possession and increase pass completion stats but without actually penetrating the oppo defence. :roll:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

To the people who say that Wenger's post 2008 "project" has been an abject failure and that there is absolutely no way on god's green earth he should be offered a new contract may I be allowed to present the following list of players to you......ALL with premier league winners medals in their back pockets -

Clichy
Fabregas
Sagna
Nasri
JVP

And that's before you even mention Cashley and Henry - both European Cup winners! And yet you lot still consider that a "failure"???? :coffeespit: You absolute MORONS. You haven't a Scooby, the man's a genius!

And listen I've been on here long enough to know exactly what the response is going to be to this. Some bright spark is going to start nit picking and call me a simpleton just because they didn't win those honours with us but that's just because you're just a bunch of ungrateful, negative, glass half empty, moaning, unappreciative, managed zero games SAD bastards 8)

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Ive got a feeling Wenger might sign a new contract

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:To the people who say that Wenger's post 2008 "project" has been an abject failure and that there is absolutely no way on god's green earth he should be offered a new contract may I be allowed to present the following list of players to you......ALL with premier league winners medals in their back pockets -

Clichy
Fabregas
Sagna
Nasri
JVP

And that's before you even mention Cashley and Henry - both European Cup winners! And yet you lot still consider that a "failure"???? :coffeespit: You absolute MORONS. You haven't a Scooby, the man's a genius!

And listen I've been on here long enough to know exactly what the response is going to be to this. Some bright spark is going to start nit picking and call me a simpleton just because they didn't win those honours with us but that's just because you're just a bunch of ungrateful, negative, glass half empty, moaning, unappreciative, managed zero games SAD bastards 8)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That'll get me through the rest of today ya mad bastard! :barscarf: :lol: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:Ive got a feeling Wenger might sign a new contract
:lol:

Finally... :roll:

:wink:

postmanPat91

Post by postmanPat91 »

Wilson wrote:The truth is, Wenger wants to stay, because he wouldn't find a worthy job elsewhere, and doesnt want to retire because he doesnt have any outside hobbies like Ferguson. Its not about him 'building something' here at Arsenal. He just wants to stay as Arsenal manager, because its all he knows. Its got nothing to do with the good of the club. Simply put, he wants to stay because he has no where else to go, or nothing else to do. Even if we finish outside the top 4 and lose Ozil and Sanchez - he will still sign that contract. In fact, talk in the papers is the deal might be signed in March. Even though Wenger categorically stated he wouldn't make a decision until AFTER the season. But given this year looks like it could be a complete disaster, he is thinking he might need to sign the deal before we fall outside the top 4, and fail to tie Ozil and Sanchez up.

Its just like forcing Henry out of the club, as Henry was a senior figure we Arsenal fans could get behind if this season went tits up. So by getting rid of Henry, there was no internal candidate to succeed him if we fans turned against Wenger violently. Wenger purged would be successors to protect himself. Its also like the Welbeck injury announcement. We needed a striker two seasons ago, but Wenger resisted, and then announced Welbeck was out for 8 months a day after the transfer window closed. He did this because the pressure to sign a striker would have went to the extreme if we knew Welbeck was injured. And now again, Wenger is looking at an early contract to lock himself in as manager, as there is every possibility this season could really turn bad, given finishing outside the top 4 and losing Ozil and Sanchez is a real possibility. So, he wants to renegade on his promise to evaluate his position until after the season - because he fears that if we finish outside the top 4 and lose Ozil and Sanchez, it makes it so much harder for him to sign a contract.

He is a just a filthy liar, who will back stab loyal servants (like Henry), will lie to the fans, and will break stated promises, simply to protect his position as manager. Him staying has got nothing to do with the good of the club. The truth is, Wenger just doesn't want to leave irrespective of whats best for Arsenal - and he will do anything and everything to cling onto his position.
I'm not sure it's anything as complicated as this mate. I think Wenger's just fucking delusional - he must genuinely believe he's a top manager in the same bracket as Pep, Simeone, Ancelotti, any other club would take him in a heartbeat, and no-one could do the job better than him at Arsenal. He believes the squad he's assembled, the mentality he sends them out with, and his ideal of how football should be played is good enough to win everything - he thinks it will all one day 'click' and all he has to do is sit there and watch his masterpiece unfold (all the Le Professeur shit). And who can blame him? People have been kissing his arse for 20+ years, and have defended and made excuses for him once it's gone tits up every year. He also rakes in £8mil+ a year despite continuous failure, he hired his own boss, and our absentee wig-wearing billionaire **** of an owner loves him. Of course he thinks he's the dogs bollox.

The reality is he's a busted flush who's been cruelly exposed, mostly down to his own stubbornness and refusal to move with the times, and who hasn't won a major competition for over 12 years. He's stubborn as fuck - it's his way or no way, he moves when he decides to and won't be pressured or forced into anything by anyone, hence the late contract signings. I've said it before on here, but I think Arsenal fans who support him simply can't let go, and the press and fans of other clubs who defend him view him as the senile granddad/uncle at the family get-together who's insulting everyone and everything - they just let him get on with it and don't dare question him/pull him up out of a misguided sense of 'respect'.

I've wanted to see the back of the crunt for over 7 years, but I'm pretty confident a new (and improved) 2-3 year contract is on the cards. Best case scenario we'll see him get a rolling 12-month extension for a few years. No way the fucker is walking away, so get your grills lit and your tongs ready :bar_b_q:

He should have fucked off after the 2014 FA Cup win and left a legend with his dignity intact. More than anything else I care about, the whole situation absolutely boils my piss :banghead:
Last edited by postmanPat91 on Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

His arrogance would not allow him to.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Wenger has just given Mertersacker a one year extension to his contract.

I see the reasons as two fold....firstly he rewards players loyalty to him, not the fans or the club, but to HIM. Secondly it makes it look like he's busy in the transfer market. While other managers are running around "wasting" money on proven world class players, he's tying down the excellent assets he's already secured... not only did he lure them to the club, he's kept them at the club.

Of course we won't mention that Mertersacker came as part of that mad trolley dash package and is as crap a defender as you will find in the PL.

He really is a slimy, odious snake oil salesman.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

rodders999 wrote:To the people who say that Wenger's post 2008 "project" has been an abject failure and that there is absolutely no way on god's green earth he should be offered a new contract may I be allowed to present the following list of players to you......ALL with premier league winners medals in their back pockets -

Clichy
Fabregas
Sagna
Nasri
JVP

:D :D :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

postmanPat91 wrote:
Wilson wrote:The truth is, Wenger wants to stay, because he wouldn't find a worthy job elsewhere, and doesnt want to retire because he doesnt have any outside hobbies like Ferguson. Its not about him 'building something' here at Arsenal. He just wants to stay as Arsenal manager, because its all he knows. Its got nothing to do with the good of the club. Simply put, he wants to stay because he has no where else to go, or nothing else to do. Even if we finish outside the top 4 and lose Ozil and Sanchez - he will still sign that contract. In fact, talk in the papers is the deal might be signed in March. Even though Wenger categorically stated he wouldn't make a decision until AFTER the season. But given this year looks like it could be a complete disaster, he is thinking he might need to sign the deal before we fall outside the top 4, and fail to tie Ozil and Sanchez up.

Its just like forcing Henry out of the club, as Henry was a senior figure we Arsenal fans could get behind if this season went tits up. So by getting rid of Henry, there was no internal candidate to succeed him if we fans turned against Wenger violently. Wenger purged would be successors to protect himself. Its also like the Welbeck injury announcement. We needed a striker two seasons ago, but Wenger resisted, and then announced Welbeck was out for 8 months a day after the transfer window closed. He did this because the pressure to sign a striker would have went to the extreme if we knew Welbeck was injured. And now again, Wenger is looking at an early contract to lock himself in as manager, as there is every possibility this season could really turn bad, given finishing outside the top 4 and losing Ozil and Sanchez is a real possibility. So, he wants to renegade on his promise to evaluate his position until after the season - because he fears that if we finish outside the top 4 and lose Ozil and Sanchez, it makes it so much harder for him to sign a contract.

He is a just a filthy liar, who will back stab loyal servants (like Henry), will lie to the fans, and will break stated promises, simply to protect his position as manager. Him staying has got nothing to do with the good of the club. The truth is, Wenger just doesn't want to leave irrespective of whats best for Arsenal - and he will do anything and everything to cling onto his position.
I'm not sure it's anything as complicated as this mate. I think Wenger's just fucking delusional - he must genuinely believe he's a top manager in the same bracket as Pep, Simeone, Ancelotti, any other club would take him in a heartbeat, and no-one could do the job better than him at Arsenal. He believes the squad he's assembled, the mentality he sends them out with, and his ideal of how football should be played is good enough to win everything - he thinks it will all one day 'click' and all he has to do is sit there and watch his masterpiece unfold (all the Le Professeur shit). And who can blame him? People have been kissing his arse for 20+ years, and have defended and made excuses for him once it's gone tits up every year. He also rakes in £8mil+ a year despite continuous failure, he hired his own boss, and our absentee wig-wearing billionaire **** of an owner loves him. Of course he thinks he's the dogs bollox.

The reality is he's a busted flush who's been cruelly exposed, mostly down to his own stubbornness and refusal to move with the times, and who hasn't won a major competition for over 12 years. He's stubborn as fuck - it's his way or no way, he moves when he decides to and won't be pressured or forced into anything by anyone, hence the late contract signings. I've said it before on here, but I think Arsenal fans who support him simply can't let go, and the press and fans of other clubs who defend him view him as the senile granddad/uncle at the family get-together who's insulting everyone and everything - they just let him get on with it and don't dare question him/pull him up out of a misguided sense of 'respect'.

I've wanted to see the back of the crunt for over 7 years, but I'm pretty confident a new (and improved) 2-3 year contract is on the cards. Best case scenario we'll see him get a rolling 12-month extension for a few years. No way the fucker is walking away, so get your grills lit and your tongs ready :bar_b_q:

He should have fucked off after the 2014 FA Cup win and left a legend with his dignity intact. More than anything else I care about, the whole situation absolutely boils my piss :banghead:
I think you've nailed it there and I've long believed this and posted same on here. He is so delusional and dictated to by his out of whack ego that he actually thinks he is doing the best for Arsenal FC.

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

With any luck Unai Emery will be out on his ear at the end of the year and PSG will look to get Wenger. PSG are 3rd in the domestic table, but only 3 points back. If Sanchez follows Wenger to PSG, I for one, won't be too upset. I think that getting Wenger out has to be the number one priority. If Sanchez going as well is a by product of losing Wenger, then get on your horse, Sanchez.

Having said that, I can't believe that Sanchez would follow Wenger anywhere.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

begeegs wrote:With any luck Unai Emery will be out on his ear at the end of the year and PSG will look to get Wenger. PSG are 3rd in the domestic table, but only 3 points back. If Sanchez follows Wenger to PSG, I for one, won't be too upset. I think that getting Wenger out has to be the number one priority. If Sanchez going as well is a by product of losing Wenger, then get on your horse, Sanchez.

Having said that, I can't believe that Sanchez would follow Wenger anywhere.
100% agreed, mate. I'm at the point I don't care who we have to lose to see Wenger gone; Ozil, Sanchez, whoever. All are expendable for the greater good. 8)

The problem for me is I don't for one second believe losing those players will mean getting rid of Wenger. He is here until he, and he alone, decides otherwise. :| :x

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Any news on those reinforcements??