THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
silus

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by silus »

begeegs wrote:With any luck Unai Emery will be out on his ear at the end of the year and PSG will look to get Wenger. PSG are 3rd in the domestic table, but only 3 points back. If Sanchez follows Wenger to PSG, I for one, won't be too upset. I think that getting Wenger out has to be the number one priority. If Sanchez going as well is a by product of losing Wenger, then get on your horse, Sanchez.

Having said that, I can't believe that Sanchez would follow Wenger anywhere.
I've already made a deal with God/Satan/anybody that'll listen...that I'll take losing Alexis and Ozil as long as wenger fooks off as well. Unfortunately, I think we'll lose Alexis, keep Ozil... and get stuck for eternity with you know who.

I can't be bothered to get stressed about it any more...not long ago I'd have been pissed off about wasting money on Mertesakers new contract...but it's all so dull and predictable I can't be arsed to give a shit.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

silus wrote:
begeegs wrote:With any luck Unai Emery will be out on his ear at the end of the year and PSG will look to get Wenger. PSG are 3rd in the domestic table, but only 3 points back. If Sanchez follows Wenger to PSG, I for one, won't be too upset. I think that getting Wenger out has to be the number one priority. If Sanchez going as well is a by product of losing Wenger, then get on your horse, Sanchez.

Having said that, I can't believe that Sanchez would follow Wenger anywhere.
I've already made a deal with God/Satan/anybody that'll listen...that I'll take losing Alexis and Ozil as long as wenger fooks off as well. Unfortunately, I think we'll lose Alexis, keep Ozil... and get stuck for eternity with you know who.

I can't be bothered to get stressed about it any more...not long ago I'd have been pissed off about wasting money on Mertesakers new contract...but it's all so dull and predictable I can't be arsed to give a shit.
And that is part of our problem. We have been worn down as fans. The turgid predictability of it all has gotten so demoralizing and boring it has sapped the anger from us. Someone asked on here why there is no huge protest. It's because so many of us have become so disenfranchised and demoralized we could not give enough of a fuck anymore to sacrifice the time and effort needed from our lives outside of The Arsenal. :|

Our club has been taken over by an owner and a Board that could not give a fuck once the money rolls in and JCL arsehole fans that support the cult of Wenger more than the team. :roll: :x

silus

Post by silus »

Sad but true DB10.
I've been on all the BSM marches and I was one of the few that held up one of those a4 signs at the Norwich game last season. In hindsight it was a bad idea, and back fired. When it got so little support though, it killed any fight I had in me. If so few people care, why should i get stressed about it. It's just a matter of waiting for him to leave now and hope that I get my love for the club back to where it used to be.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

silus wrote:Sad but true DB10.
I've been on all the BSM marches and I was one of the few that held up one of those a4 signs at the Norwich game last season. In hindsight it was a bad idea, and back fired. When it got so little support though, it killed any fight I had in me. If so few people care, why should i get stressed about it. It's just a matter of waiting for him to leave now and hope that I get my love for the club back to where it used to be.
Me too, mate. Honestly, the day he leaves is going to feel like a massive weight taken off our shoulders... Hopefully there will be enough of the once obsessive Gooner left in me to fully appreciate it and start going to games again. :|

NickF

Post by NickF »

It could have a been the start of something however the likes of BSM/RedAction decided one week was enough and went back to doing whatever it is they do (basically F-all). None of the supporters group will publicly say Wenger Out so it really ends up to individuals which just doesn't work. Thus we end up stuck in the rut of hoping every year will be Wenger's last.
:suicide:

postmanPat91

Post by postmanPat91 »

I've been on all the BDSM marches and I was one of the few that held up one of those a4 signs at the Norwich game last season. In hindsight it was a bad idea, and back fired. When it got so little support though, it killed any fight I had in me. If so few people care, why should i get stressed about it. It's just a matter of waiting for him to leave now and hope that I get my love for the club back to where it used to be.
And there have been some fucking fantastic ones 8) :oops:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

i went to the match last season where there was supposed to be a walk out on the 75th minute.

i have never known such apathy, and I knew then that was little hope for protests by the current supporters who go to the Emirates.
as far as I can see all those that have tried and ultimately failed realise this. the supporters now calling for protests are the ones who have probably yet to try it.

i have got to the point where I just dont go anymore. never thought I could just "switch off" but I have and you know what it feels good to know that I am not giving any more money to the corrupt regime.
I still watch all the games on TV/streams, but I just go to my local non league side for my "live football" fix.

when/if Wenger ever leaves then I will probably return, but I can't see I would anytime soon.

silus

Post by silus »

Oh yes...I forgot about the 75 min walkout.
Another waste of time...although I was one of the first people to get back to the pub because of it.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

silus wrote:Oh yes...I forgot about the 75 min walkout.
Another waste of time...although I was one of the first people to get back to the pub because of it.
Had it been timed for 85mins it would have had a 75% backing ( albeit unknowingly )

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

The fact he has extended BFV's contract proves beyond all doubt that he has NO Idea what he is doing, Carzola althugh past his prime is understandable in that he is still capable of running the tempo of a game with his skills, but to offer that bigfuckinvagina another contract is unforgivable...No doubt the AKB's will see it as being like a new signing.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

OneBardGooner wrote:The fact he has extended BFV's contract proves beyond all doubt that he has NO Idea what he is doing, Carzola althugh past his prime is understandable in that he is still capable of running the tempo of a game with his skills, but to offer that bigfuckinvagina another contract is unforgivable...No doubt the AKB's will see it as being like a new signing.

showing mis placed loyalty at the cost of the club again....same old shit

Sean

Post by Sean »

I'm glad The Old Fraud was finally sent off for his histrionics. Here's hoping he also gets a ban for laying hands on the fourth official 8)

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Sean wrote:I'm glad The Old Fraud was finally sent off for his histrionics. Here's hoping he also gets a ban for laying hands on the fourth official 8)
I concur 8) maybe he could get a punishment along the lines of 19yrs hard Labour in the Siberian salt mines.. :D

Blade

Post by Blade »

2nd time right?

1st time I recall Old Trafford.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

falkirk goon wrote:
Sean wrote:I'm glad The Old Fraud was finally sent off for his histrionics. Here's hoping he also gets a ban for laying hands on the fourth official 8)
I concur 8) maybe he could get a punishment along the lines of 19yrs hard Labour in the Siberian salt mines.. :D

Naaah !That's waaaay too lenient! :lol: