THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by Redarmy »

Bob Bayliss wrote:Hasn't the penny dropped that those who are still defending Wenger to the last are those who want Arsenal to become weaker and weaker (Neville, Pulis etc).

Those who love Arsenal and who predated Wenger - the likes of Smudge and (apart from the last year) Wrighty, are telling it like it is.

It is the most compelling reason why respecting Rocky and calling Wenger out are in no sense incompatible - I would go so far as it respects Rocky and all he stood for to stand loud and proud against this rotten manager and Arsenal regime.

Exactly Pullis and Neville are the last people to listen to regarding Arsenal.....but funny enough are the first to offer their opinions :rubchin:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Been off line for a week due to a virus planted on my laptop from this site, what with that and Hong Kong Keswick allegedly paying for the Wenger in banner, deliberately against real supporters ....the Club sending stewards to City to confiscate banners, so much for free speech.....

anyway as if we did not know he's signing on again....think he will be here at least another 5 years

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Enough said really:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... r-10064346

Why would he want his golden goose to stop laying.... :cussing:

General

Post by General »

Piers was on talkshyte saying about how we should continue to protest without really putting his neck on the line. He's good for publicity and helping drive the Le fraud out agenda but he's a smart *word censored* who plays the fine line because he's in the public eye. He will mouth off without really sticking his neck on the line and personally I'd rather he stayed out of the crowd fund.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

wilko49er wrote:
augie wrote:Btw, in the past I have on occasion defended those who chose to renew their season tickets, but this ship has now sailed - any c.unt that renews after he signs the contract is not a proper Gooner imo :evil: :evil: :evil:
So anyone that waited years on lists to get a season ticket, and wants to watch Arsenal FC play football, is a crunt if they renew because Wenger stays!! Sound logic that is! I go when i can to watch Arsenal. I dont give a fuck about Wenger. Your post has just made the issue about him and not your club. This is exactly what i thought everyone was against Its Arsenal FC and not Arsene FC, first and foremost. If you want an ST you pay!! It doesnt matter who is in charge. Dont want it then dont pay. Some will say stuff it no more, fair play! ( i am pratically there!) Some will boycott! I did that but if i dont sell on TX i lose money, and some other twat takes the seat anyway. So saying all STs holders who renew are crunts! Is wrong! All down to individual choice. Lets face it i want him gone but it doesn't mean shit unless he walks or gets the elbow. Its out of the fans hands, no matter how much is done demonsrations banners etc. It is sadly a small minority! The club dont give a fuck about the fans. But i give a fuck about Arsenal FC if i want go renew my ST i will do so, and i still have the right to whinge and criticise like the rest of them, for change etc. Not paying in to the club and being vocal doesnt mean i am better than those paying for memberships, or vice versa. Does anyone honestly think, that the club would allow non renewal of STS to become an issue. They are a business they will fill those numbers somehow. There will always be those willing to pay. Regardless of if we end up mid table shite again.

I've long wrestled with this question tbh. I've been a season ticket holder since Highbury days and have been unwilling to relinquish it, because (as with the rest of you lot on here) the Arsenal are part of my very being. As I said in my very first post on this forum a couple of weeks ago, it's impossible to explain the emotional and psychological attachment to a club, to somebody who is not a football person.....they find it irrational, stupid and rather sad ! It is, however, the cross we all bear.

Anyway, I've always thought that knowing my luck, the season I let it go, will be the season that Wenger walks and I'd be absolutely gutted. For the last 3 seasons, I've rented the ticket out (different person each year....first one was the most irrational and brainwashed akb you could ever hope to meet, but strangely, he didn't fancy stumping up for the following season :D ), but I know that it's a cop out. Indirectly, I'm still funding the shower of odious wankers that are running the farce. In my heart, I believe that those that say renewing season tickets is tacit support for the regime are correct and I feel a fraud for not letting it go.

It isn't my, or anybody else's place, to tell people not to renew (or indeed, condemn them for renewing), but it's one of the only things with which we can hurt Kroenke and thereby Wenger. The idea that there will be a long line of grateful takers should we chuck in our tickets, simply doesn't wash. As many have stated, that list is nowhere as long as it once was and given the parlous state of the Club, it will dwindle rapidly. Even if it were still a long list, no one is saying that the effect of not renewing will be seen overnight....it may well well take 2, 3, or 4 years to have an impact, but have an impact it eventually will. As things stand, if enough refused to renew this year, I have a strong feeling that it would hit the Club hard.

Shamefully, if some mug will rent mine again, I'll probably renew :oops: :oops: , but if I can't find someone with more money than sense, then I have a tough decision to make. Once it's my money directly supporting the regime, I can't hide behind a cop out :?.

General

Post by General »

As I said in the morning Le fraud is gone imo. There is no way in hell he's turning this around whether this season or next. Brom was the final nail in his coffin. This is akin to bringing the corpse back up and attempting resuscitation. It's done and Le fraud knows it hence the wry smile during the prezzer. The club can't announce anything until they've sorted out his successor. There are limited options out there and they won't want Allegri as he might ruffle a few feathers. Tuchel would most likely get the nod. Save your emotions and wait for the announcement.
Last edited by General on Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JimmyAFC

Post by JimmyAFC »

VoiceOfReason wrote:Just a couple of observations on the past few pages...

- Neville is a colossal *word censored* and after the comments during the Chelsea defeat, I've decided to no longer listen to his drivel. I never bought into this "Hated him as a player, but what a great pundit he is" malarky. We should just ignore him as he doesn't say anything worth listening to. I assume he's advocating for "no sackings during the season" after his historically laughable effort (and subsequent sacking) while at Valencia.

- I haven't yet seen the Smudger video and I'm glad he's seen the light, let's not pretend this isn't the same guy pedalling the "Be careful what you wish for" bollocks as recently as 2015. I'm glad he and other pundits have seen the light, but they're partly to blame for why this has been allowed to continue for so long. Why weren't they criticising Wenger back in 2012 like the rest of us?

- Piers Morgan is generally bang on the money in his anti-Wenger appearances, but I lost a lot more respect for him after a) he refused to publicise (or join) the Wenger protests, b) he did publicise the ill-fated pro-Wenger demonstration, and c) he hasn't, to my knowledge, chipped in to the Wenger Out fund or offered anything other than self-indulgent tweets. If it's not all about him, then he simply doesn't give a fuck.
Spot on.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

wilko49er wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
sk-gtfo wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:So glad I do not have a season ticket "what a waste of money"...
Yeah, the best protest of all is not hiring planes or going on the march, it is turning your back on them and not giving them a penny.

I don't buy all this tourists will fill the Emirates nonsense, they might put a few thousand fans at the game but not anywhere near enough to fill in for horde's of missing supporters.
season ticket holders have kept Wenger in a job.
harsh but true.

if every ST holder had not renewed in 2014 with the last contract extension due then these last 3 years would not have happened.
Really? That would have meant fuck all! The STs would have been sold on to others. End of!!
The worrying thing is that TX will be renamed Bargain Basement tix, good luck in flogging your ST next season!
Should Wenger be in charge of course....

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Redarmy wrote:
Bob Bayliss wrote:Hasn't the penny dropped that those who are still defending Wenger to the last are those who want Arsenal to become weaker and weaker (Neville, Pulis etc).

Those who love Arsenal and who predated Wenger - the likes of Smudge and (apart from the last year) Wrighty, are telling it like it is.

It is the most compelling reason why respecting Rocky and calling Wenger out are in no sense incompatible - I would go so far as it respects Rocky and all he stood for to stand loud and proud against this rotten manager and Arsenal regime.

Exactly Pullis and Neville are the last people to listen to regarding Arsenal.....but funny enough are the first to offer their opinions :rubchin:

I well realise that we are all in the grip of a paranoia, but I genuinely believe that these pundits, journos and commentators have there own agenda. Other than the 'vested interest' half-wit that is John Cross, most aren't Arsenal supporters, so must be chuffed to see us limping to a slow death under Le Fraud.

Why would Manc Neville, ex scum Redknapp, ex scum Lineker (when he pans us for protesting, it really is a fucking joke....he's never hidden his hatred of us and used to often ridicule Wenger on MotD) etc etc, want to see the Fraud go? If I were a journo, I'd have been lobbying long and hard to keep Juande Ramos at the scum, Moyes at Utd and Scolari at the Chavs. It all makes perfect sense....they have no reason to have our best interest at heart.

I'm afraid that I can't explain Keown, or one or two others of our old boys. I feel embarrassed for them.

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

The old boys have been royally Lorded, rightly of course, but many are left with the feeling that

a. The Lording it is down to Wenger and
b. That may well go should Wenger leave.

Wilsons a classic "be careful what you wish for" The club have done a lot for him charity wise I beleave, and like many havent seen that AFC isnt Arsene FC. :cry:

WLG

Post by WLG »

With each passing moment of this further delay in making 'his announcement', more and more people in the room are beginning to smell the vile stench of Wenger's failings.

Look at ALL the forums, more and more of the posters are saying that the moment Wenger's signature dries on that contract, we might as well say goodbye to the club.

The tide is beginning to finally wash over the fance-sitters, the let-him-go-graciously brigade are waking up just as the procession is about to leave for the coronation.

The realisation that the lunatic is going to sign has finally hit the masses. I'd say over the last 48 hours it has gone 85/15 or even 90/10 infavour of NoNewContract.

Carry on this season as we are, and it's going to get truly venomous in the bowl; for once, Wenger won't have the higher ground. The chorus of boos will get louder and stonger, the empty seats will increase at people vote with their feet, and you can guarantee that the protests will gain more supporters and importantly, more recognition.

This is not over by a long shot yet. We have to keep this up.

NickF

Post by NickF »

General wrote:Piers was on talkshyte saying about how we should continue to protest without really putting his neck on the line. He's good for publicity and helping drive the Le fraud out agenda but he's a smart *word censored* who plays the fine line because he's in the public eye. He will mouth off without really sticking his neck on the line and personally I'd rather he stayed out of the crowd fund.

Seeing as he is so keen for us to protest, I might tweet him and see if he wants to hold a banner at the City game. :twisted: :twisted:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

WLG wrote:With each passing moment of this further delay in making 'his announcement', more and more people in the room are beginning to smell the vile stench of Wenger's failings.

Look at ALL the forums, more and more of the posters are saying that the moment Wenger's signature dries on that contract, we might as well say goodbye to the club.

The tide is beginning to finally wash over the fance-sitters, the let-him-go-graciously brigade are waking up just as the procession is about to leave for the coronation.

The realisation that the lunatic is going to sign has finally hit the masses. I'd say over the last 48 hours it has gone 85/15 or even 90/10 infavour of NoNewContract.

Carry on this season as we are, and it's going to get truly venomous in the bowl; for once, Wenger won't have the higher ground. The chorus of boos will get louder and stonger, the empty seats will increase at people vote with their feet, and you can guarantee that the protests will gain more supporters and importantly, more recognition.

Quality post. I hope you're right about the swing to no new contract WLG. Either way, as you say, this ain't over and we have to ramp up the protests even (actually, especially) if he signs.

WLG

Post by WLG »

Retro Gunner wrote:
WLG wrote:With each passing moment of this further delay in making 'his announcement', more and more people in the room are beginning to smell the vile stench of Wenger's failings.

Quality post. I hope you're right about the swing to no new contract WLG. Either way, as you say, this ain't over and we have to ramp up the protests even (actually, especially) if he signs.

As you say Retro, especially if he signs. Looks like he's cooked it with most of the journos and media now, literally no one can see any reason why he should carry on. The moment the club release that he's signed, hes a dead man walking.

How the fuck did it ever come to this? Oh yeah, Wenger.

MrT

Post by MrT »

It's that time of the year again.

Arsene Wenger planning drastic summer overhaul in effort to end Arsenal reign on high note

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... d-arsenal/

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: