THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
markyp

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by markyp »

MrT wrote:I can't understand it. On the biggest stage against the PL champions and we made them look ordinary. Why the fuck is this missing for most of the season?

Wenger's new contract incoming. Might as well enjoy it while you can.
best we have played since Napoli at home in the CL 4 years ago

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I presume in the same way that he did last weekend, he's let the players have the lap of honour that they deserve? Or.....?

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Coming back from the "Red Action" screening at the Rocket.

Totally stunned by the performance but well if you can't celebrate an Arsenal victory in the FA Cup...!!

I had to leave at the end though when "Arsene Wengers Red and White Army"reverberated throughout the venue.

Congratulations on the new contract you :censored:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Thierry 3-8-99 wrote:Without a doubt, contract signed, 2 years down the line we will not be getting the hallowed top 4 spot and the distance between us and those above us will be immense. Arsene please don't talk about respect when we've been promised the earth with our ground move - we've been more than patient with lies and continuous underachievement. We pay your wages we deserve more.
Real fans have ran out of patience

Paulio

Post by Paulio »

When I heard wenger complain about a lack of respect from the fans this season I burst out laughing. He hasn't shown respect to anyone in years.

Give respect, get respect you silly :censored:

General

Post by General »

SteveO 35 wrote:I presume in the same way that he did last weekend, he's let the players have the lap of honour that they deserve? Or.....?
He was out celebrating with them the hypocrite.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

le bulbeye has a record 7 fa cups..impressive..now fuck off 8)

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Redarmy wrote:
Nos89 wrote:The Huddersfield manager would be a great replacement for wenger. He's worked wonders at the club, if he gets them into the PL that would be an achievement bettering Leicester's title win. After all, the last manager we got from Huddersfield didn't turn out too badly for us.

Fucking Huddersfield???? We are The Arsenal FFS
Herbert Chapman, have you heard of him?

wibble

Post by wibble »

augie wrote:The way the c.unt talked on the pitch to bbc reporter tells me that he is not staying - bbc guy asked him how proud he is to be the first manager to win 7 fa cups, and he responded by saying that he is proud of that fact and proud of having gone a league season unbeaten. For me that is the kind of talk and reminiscing that a person does at the end and not when you are gonna be there another two years
Or the kind of comments you make to remind the board how 'fantastic' a manager you are and what a loss you would be.

The comments he made about a strong club making the right decision not the popular decision prove that he wants to stay.

Wengerballs

Post by Wengerballs »

The AKBs will be crowing loudly today repeating lord Wengers perennial claim that we are not far off from competing for the title with the addition of only a couple of quality new signings.

Our late season mini glorious run under the new defensive 3 CB formation with wins against man citeh, manure, and the glorious triumph today over the title winning chavs today will be heralded as a turning of the corner with every reason to think we can be title contenders next season.

Kroenke and the Board will believe the mere suggestion of not offering Wenger a new contract is madness, the unbalanced spoilt ravings of a whiney-assed disrespectful and ungrateful minority who have lost all perspective in an echo chamber of their own miserable negativity. This is how we are perceived.

The only question is whether Wenger has the stomach and balls to endure another season of prospective protests, abuse and boycotts.

I think he does have the stomach and will announce a new one year deal because he honestly believes the team will challenge for the title much more strongly next season with the shift to a back 3 proving so effective of late, and that flying higher in the table next season will significantly dissipate the protests.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

:hmmthink: :roll:

Bit like the proverbial tap Hot and Cold tap..
Personally I feel let down by this group of Charlatans, paid huge sums and give the minimum at times...

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Allgunsblazin wrote::hmmthink: :roll:

Personally I feel let down by this group of Charlatans, paid huge sums and give the minimum at times...
Much as we all rightly blame Wenger for most of the clubs problems i think todays match shows what these players are capable of and therefore they must shoulder at least some of the blame for this season!

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

GoonerMuzz wrote:

Much as we all rightly blame Wenger for most of the clubs problems i think todays match shows what these players are capable of and therefore they must shoulder at least some of the blame for this season!
I fully agree and I will stop short of the "C" word and it has two vowels and four consonants....

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:

I fully agree and I will stop short of the "C" word and it has two vowels and four consonants....
Cook ? :evil:

wibble

Post by wibble »

StuartL wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:

Cook ? :evil:
Only 2 consonants!

Cabins? Counts? Oh.. coward?