THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:04 pm
Anyone see TA6 on Goals On Sunday? Made for interesting viewing. When one of the two utter morons that present it asked him outright if Arsenal can win the title again under Wenger he said "no, not with this squad".

Full quotes here;

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... tony-adams
I think only TA6, DB10 (The Real One) and PV4 have not licked wenger's sweaty crack to be able to keep riding the Arsenal Gravy Train.

tink77vip

Post by tink77vip »

I'm late to this but my view is simply if AW leaves it will still be the same, Wenger is a problem but the board is THE problem

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:45 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Anyone see TA6 on Goals On Sunday? Made for interesting viewing. When one of the two utter morons that present it asked him outright if Arsenal can win the title again under Wenger he said "no, not with this squad".

Full quotes here;

I think only TA6, DB10 (The Real One) and PV4 have not licked wenger's sweaty crack to be able to keep riding the Arsenal Gravy Train.
Emmanuel Petit is a long term Wenger critic. Can't think of any others though

NickF

Post by NickF »

tink77vip wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:02 pm
I'm late to this but my view is simply if AW leaves it will still be the same, Wenger is a problem but the board is THE problem
Not really, Wenger can bypass the board and go to Kroenke directly as seen with his last contract.
The board have no power and might as well not be there.

Wenger/Kroenke are the problem neither of which show any sign of leaving soon and very few of our fans have any appetite to get rid.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:26 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Full quotes here;

:high5: forgot about him JFG ! :oops:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:26 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Full quotes here;

True. I think Petit was railroaded out and did not actually want to leave. I remember a quote somewhere from Pat Rice that Petit was a pain in the hole to deal with in training etc and that the coaching staff were not his biggest fans. How true that is who knows, but I always got the impression Petit had an issue with Wenger selling him. So he definitely does not have that misplaced blind loyalty to Wenger that the likes of Keown, Bould, Henry etc etc all have and would be more inclined to give an honest assessment.

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

I hadn't heard that before and always thought that Petit wanted to leave. But with what we've suffered since 2000, it is highly believable that Wenger would break up the best central midfield partnership of that time, just because he couldn't handle one of the personalities.

As ever, Wenger puts his needs above the needs of the Club.

Clash

Post by Clash »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:58 am

True. I think Petit was railroaded out and did not actually want to leave. I remember a quote somewhere from Pat Rice that Petit was a pain in the hole to deal with in training etc and that the coaching staff were not his biggest fans. How true that is who knows, but I always got the impression Petit had an issue with Wenger selling him. So he definitely does not have that misplaced blind loyalty to Wenger that the likes of Keown, Bould, Henry etc etc all have and would be more inclined to give an honest assessment.
Interesting stuff mate. I'd never considered that one but I think there might well be some truth to it.

Of all the partners Vieira had in midfield (Gilberto, Edu, a young Fabegas) I still think Petit was the best. For one season at least (88/89), I would even say he was better than Vieira.

Still think it was a real pity Petit left when he did ... and its made even worse when he later showed up at Chelsea after leaving Barcelona. Something that would repeat itself a decade or so later with Fabregas :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

The old "Hunger Index" has reared its ugly penis-shaped head again.... :oops: :roll:

http://metro.co.uk/2017/12/07/arsene-we ... d-7139334/

Mad old bastard. :| :lol:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

yeah we are all idiots...its actually a good thing to let your best players contracts run down......

"When you pick a team you do not necessarily look how long a contract is. The shorter the contract is, the more hungry the players are usually. The hunger index drops with the length of the contract."

or is he just putting a spin on it because he fucked up :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

who needs a banana !?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Is the cuntslop brown bread yet? :? :cry:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Redarmy wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:19 pm
yeah we are all idiots...its actually a good thing to let your best players contracts run down......

"When you pick a team you do not necessarily look how long a contract is. The shorter the contract is, the more hungry the players are usually. The hunger index drops with the length of the contract."

Yeah - must be why Kane has been so shit since signing that 6 year deal at the Scum.

Fucking idiot - the hunger index certainly drops when you reward utter dross like Bendtner, Denilson and Wally with long term contracts

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:30 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:19 pm

Yeah - must be why Kane has been so shit since signing that 6 year deal at the Scum.

Fucking idiot - the hunger index certainly drops when you reward utter dross like Bendtner, Denilson and Wally with long term contracts
Does that idiotic form of warped logic also apply to managers then ?
Shouldn’t they only be given a year by year contract to keep them “hungry” ?

Nurse, nurse, medication time for the senile old fool.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

The hunger index drops when you live and work in a pressure free environment.
No pressure from the top on Wenger, no pressure from Wenger on the players..No accountability and no responsibility.
If anyone looked at the lack of effort from Giroud combined with the lack of ability from Welbeck and Walcott against Bate then the hunger index would surely be replaced with the entitlement index..