THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Block93

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by Block93 »

NickF wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:02 am
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:16 pm
robbo10 wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:39 pm

I'd take John Low the fucking darts player over the current c*nt........
I've said for years that he's the right man for us. It would make me fucking excited to have him managing the club.
You know John Lowe is 72, maybe a little to old to manage us now. :wink:
He's good with numbers though. Seems no one at Arsenal understands that the £100m checkout on Ozil and Sanchez available in the summer may well be a £0m checkout next year.

Was anyone surprised that contract negotiations with Ozil have 'stalled'? What those two can get when they are out of contract will be staggering...

Never mind, £100m to see two players going through the motions for the season is good value in my book*

* My book being 'A Guide to Being a Complete and Utter F***ing Knobhead', (It's a best seller in N5.)

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

xisstential wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:10 pm
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -four.html

Wenger has said today that he does not believe the best way back into the CL is by winning the Europa but rather by going through the PL (Top 4)

Of course it is you fucking coward, keep that bar as low as possible. Amazing how Jose (a man I have always despised) targeted winning the Europa to get there when the easier option would probably have been to throw everything at top 4. Not Wenger though, he would NEVER come out and say he is going that route because once again, deep down, he knows it is a virtual impossibility for him. So he has used his wise, 30 years in football voice, to educate the press and his moronic followers.

Lazy, useless PRICK!!

Exactly the last thing he wants is a target to be judged on....clever wanker very clever.....fair play to Mourinho he said they need to win it and they did

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Block93 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:12 am
NickF wrote:
robbo10 wrote:

I've said for years that he's the right man for us. It would make me fucking excited to have him managing the club.
He's good with numbers though. Seems no one at Arsenal understands that the £100m checkout on Ozil and Sanchez available in the summer may well be a £0m checkout next year.

Was anyone surprised that contract negotiations with Ozil have 'stalled'? What those two can get when they are out of contract will be staggering...

Never mind, £100m to see two players going through the motions for the season is good value in my book*

* My book being 'A Guide to Being a Complete and Utter F***ing Knobhead', (It's a best seller in N5.)
Nobody has made a bid for Ozil. I might be wrong but I think if a decent club came in for him, like City did for Sanchez, he would leave. I think he is deliberately stalling, hedging his bets, he wants out of Arsenal but nobody is coming in for him and Tbh, the way he plays under Wenger, I'll be surprised if anybody does.

So he's in limbo, but probably wants out. He's probably told Low, it's absolute dogshite under Wenger so please not to judge him on his Arsenal performances.... and Low obviously doesn't. The Ozil who plays for Germany is not the same as the one who plays for Arsenal.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Block93 wrote:
NickF wrote:
robbo10 wrote:

Nobody has made a bid for Ozil. I might be wrong but I think if a decent club came in for him, like City did for Sanchez, he would leave. I think he is deliberately stalling, hedging his bets, he wants out of Arsenal but nobody is coming in for him and Tbh, the way he plays under Wenger, I'll be surprised if anybody does.

So he's in limbo, but probably wants out. He's probably told Low, it's absolute dogshite under Wenger so please not to judge him on his Arsenal performances.... and Low obviously doesn't. The Ozil who plays for Germany is not the same as the one who plays for Arsenal.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

xisstential wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:39 am
Block93 wrote:
NickF wrote:
robbo10 wrote:

As with Arshavin and his Russian performances....the common denominator couldnt be Lord Wenger could it by any fucking chance?

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

It wouldn't surprise me if Dick Law's replacement ties up 2-3 year extension for Sanchez and Ozil with a buyout clause of £60-70m each. Give Sanchez his £400k a week, and £300k to Ozil from now with a promise they can go if a club bids for either of them and match the buyout fee. I simply don't expect this board to let them go for free.

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Don't worry lads, Kim Jong Un has been playing with his fireworks again. Soon Wenger will be the least of our worries!!

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

WTF - Ronald Koeman has just taken full responsibility for their defeat in Italy.

"Its not the players or anything else. We were not prepared and that is my fault". And then he apologised to the supporters.

Silly man - doesn't he realise that it's never the manager's fault?? :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:57 am
WTF - Ronald Koeman has just taken full responsibility for their defeat in Italy.

"Its not the players or anything else. We were not prepared and that is my fault". And then he apologised to the supporters.

Silly man - doesn't he realise that it's never the manager's fault?? :lol:
:banghead:

It's despicable honest cúnts like him that set a dangerous precedent that could have a negative impact on true genius managers like Kim Jong-Wenger. Someone needs to take this Koeman character aside and get him practised in the following terminology;

"Leetle beet jaded"
"Finacial doping"
"Look"
"Hunger index"

Repeat after me, you Dutch motherfucker;

"Look, the club's Financial Motivation is, uhhhh, Economic Downsizing, but still keeping Footballing Intelligence and Motivational Psychology. Football is Leetle bit Expression, with Tactical Integrity and Spiritual Ethic. The Physical Expansion of the Transfer Economy is, uhhhh, Strategic Doping. I prefer Technical Honesty and Intelligent Consistency. The customers claim we have no Psychological Capability, but we have, uhhhh, Rational Strategy and Innovative Tactics, especially considering the Relative Resources and Group Strength." **

**with thanks to Sean for the wording! 8)

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

With the Mancs coming up at the weekend Koeman is looking in a leetle bit of bovver. He might be down the road soon if he's not careful. 3rd or 4th highest spenders this season and it is all going tits up.

If we lose to Chelsea, we will be down around 14th, but rest assured, Wenger's position is safe.... And don't forget we never spent any money, in fact we made money.

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

It's time to move to a back 4. This formation worked for a while but in truth it creates dull football with the forwards getting little service.
I'm sure after Chelsea beat us some changes will be made but from what I've seen against Liverpool we were crap defensively and created nothing.
If I was a gambling man I would put huge money on us finishing 6th this season.
United, City, Spurs, Chelsea and Liverpool are all better than us sadly.

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:58 am
It's time to move to a back 4. 3 at the back formation worked for a while but in truth it creates dull football with the forwards getting little service.
I'm sure after Chelsea beat us some changes will be made but from what I've seen against Liverpool we were crap defensively and created nothing.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:59 am
supergeorgegraham wrote:
It's time to move to a back 4. 3 at the back formation worked for a while but in truth it creates dull football with the forwards getting little service.
Between us & Liverpool for 5th, I think. Liverpool are as crap as us at the back but probably slightly better than us going forward. They move forward very quickly when they break... as opposed to us who move sideways...at walking pace. They might just edge us into 5th. Fourth for us is out of the question.

I think for as long as Wenger remains, we will be fighting for a Europa League place. 6th is going to replace 4th as the target, mark my words.

NickF

Post by NickF »

xisstential wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:16 am
supergeorgegraham wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:59 am
supergeorgegraham wrote:
Between us & Liverpool for 5th, I think. Liverpool are as crap as us at the back but probably slightly better than us going forward. They move forward very quickly when they break... as opposed to us who move sideways...at walking pace. They might just edge us into 5th. Fourth for us is out of the question.

I think for as long as Wenger remains, we will be fighting for a Europa League place. 6th is going to replace 4th as the target, mark my words.
I would also add City into that. Just a more expensive version of us - just as likely to blow hot and cold.

Blade

Post by Blade »

What the hell has AW done to Rob Holding? gone backwards.How come he starts dribbling into opp penalty box?.

Is he going the way of scrap-heap 11:

Wright,Jenkinson,Upson,Chambers,Gibbs,Ramsey,Jack,Pennent,Alex,Theo,Jeffers

Subs:Bentley,Welbeck