THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
General wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Herd wrote:Some german geezer just scored a screamer against engerlund ,might be worth a look ! we could do with someone who can shoot !
Another player Wenger had not got a clue how to use. A few of us on here at the time said Podolski was the best most natural finisher we had at the club (not hard I know!) but Wenger played him our wide most of the few times he actually played him... :roll: When Pod got a run in the centre his finishing was superb. I'll always feel Pod is another one we lost without getting anywhere near the best out of him because of one man - Wenger. :roll: :x
I've always liked Podolski. Another strong personality discarded because he wouldn't run around all day playing the tippy tappy crap. No coincidence he spoke about Le fraud unfavourably when he was sent out on loan. The list of good players we've suddenly discarded because of this egomaniac is endless and Sanchez looks to be next.
100% right there, mate.
Have to agree - Pods was never played in the right position and had the knack of p*ssingoff Clueless because he would speak his mind - He was only with us for a relatively short time - But really loved the fans and still does.

Great Goal last night. :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:I remember reading in one of the papers (so I can't vouch for how true it is!! :wink: ) that Diaby was paid approx £27million during his time at Arsenal. That (fuck it, if even half that is correct) is criminal negligence by Wenger that would get you sacked in most jobs. :|
Yeah! I remember that as well - I think it was £23.8 million - and some clever person broke it down to how much he got paid per minute - because he was always injured - and it was feckin' criminal. And of course there was the incident of him wearing the scum shirt! :evil: :evil: :evil:

I bet he had his own gold plated treatment table. CEEEUUUUNT!

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

There is no way that the current board would ever let Wenger leave. They have entrusted him with running every aspect of the playing side of the club, and if Wenger left, I doubt Gazidis or any of those other clueless idiots would even know where to start to fill those positions. Even if Wenger decides management is too much for him, he will settle into a DOF role, and will probably choose his own successor. It isn't an exaggeration to suggest that Wenger will be involved with the club for the next 5-10 years(if his health remains good). This club is well and truly fucked.

General

Post by General »

It is fairly obvious something has gone on behind the scenes hence the silence from Gazidis and the lack of clarity about Le fraud's situation.

Gazidis has been here for almost a decade. He will do fine in partnership with a competent manager

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

General wrote:It is fairly obvious something has gone on behind the scenes hence the silence from Gazidis and the lack of clarity about Le fraud's situation.

Gazidis has been here for almost a decade. He will do fine in partnership with a competent manager
The silence from Gazidis is deafening.
This is getting interesting.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

rodders999 wrote:2009 (2 thousand and fucking 9) :coffeespit:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 051143.stm
"Judge me in May".

:roll:

silus

Post by silus »

Gunner Rob wrote:
General wrote:It is fairly obvious something has gone on behind the scenes hence the silence from Gazidis and the lack of clarity about Le fraud's situation.

Latest rumours I've seen are that Keswick and Gazidis want a new manager and will quit if Wenger stays.
Probably total bullshit as everyone was linking Keswick to the banner last week.

All these shite rumours could be prevented if they let us know what the fucks going on.
Of all the many, many, many things that Wenger has done to piss me....this "I know what I'm doing and you'll know soon" bollocks is right up there.
What an arrogant prick to keep everyone waiting whilst the club is in disarray.
The board are just as bad. If he's told them then they should announce it...if he's keeping them in the dark, they should grow some balls and tell him to stop taking the piss and withdraw the contract offer.

Babu

Post by Babu »

Gunner Rob wrote:

...unless he's already signed, and then there would be nothing to say...

They're probably quite busy anyway, booking their summer hols, etc.

General

Post by General »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 863576.stm

David Dein:
"When I left, I said there was a danger of slippage. That's what's happening at the present moment and that's got to be contained"

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

General wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 863576.stm

David Dein:
"When I left, I said there was a danger of slippage. That's what's happening at the present moment and that's got to be contained"
lol we were 5 points behind Villa, there you go then, it could be worse, be careful what you wish for..

:roll: :twisted: :blah:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Babu wrote: ...unless he's already signed, and then there would be nothing to say...

That is most likely I would think, they know they've f**ked up letting him get the contract already and now are hoping we'll go on a run so they can announce it when the proles are kept quiet by an FA cup or top 4 status, it isn't happening though so they are all sat scratching their heads wondering how they will plug the leak..

Man up and sack him you stupid old c**ts!.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Rumours on Twitter :lol: that gazidis is ready to quit arsenal.

NickF

Post by NickF »

Babu wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

...unless he's already signed, and then there would be nothing to say...

in which case they would apparently be breaking the law.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... tball-news

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

mcdowell42 wrote:Rumours on Twitter :lol: that gazidis is ready to quit arsenal.
Gazidis is a complete snake but I don't think he is A Wenger-worshipper by any stretch. He realises the mood amongst the fans, whether he would acknowledge it or not.

He also knows that Wenger holds all of the power - the bloke has a say in appointing him for fucks sake, which is a complete joke. Might be that he's been playing the long game and he will jack it in if Wenger stays on.

Still a *word censored*.