THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by augie »

xisstential wrote:
augie wrote:As a pundit both merson and redkrapp junior, haven't the brains to fill a smartie :oops: As a flip flopper, merse excels and probably is top of the class in that degree :roll: People will tell you that it is great when he comes out publicly slating wenker, but he gives credence to the suggestion that us wob are fickle fans cos only a few weeks beforehand he was probably defending the French c.unt :roll: :evil: :evil:
Even in that piece he undermines his credibility by calling for wenker to be given 1 more year and then PV4 to take over - now I loved PV4 as a player (probably in my 3 favourite Arsenal players of all time 8), and I would love to see him manage The Arsenal someday, but he is nowhere near ready yet. As I said lately, I have zero problems with the next guy being hired as a "patsy" to take the fall if/when things go tits up, but I don't want that "patsy" to be a player who had served the club so well over a number of years
On a completely unrelated matter, I built a house for Mersons ex wife...gorgeous little number :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did you test out her back door then ? :wink: :lol: :lol:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

http://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/t ... p-12795455

-----------------

Clearly we did not have the money so the board and Wenger are liars (as if we didn't know).

------------------

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2017/03/25/ ... ol/330920/

And so now Wenger is blaming Liverpool for us being useless as well.

No end of excuses, bs and lies from Wenger and the board.

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

xisstential wrote:
augie wrote:As a pundit both merson and redkrapp junior, haven't the brains to fill a smartie :oops: As a flip flopper, merse excels and probably is top of the class in that degree :roll: People will tell you that it is great when he comes out publicly slating wenker, but he gives credence to the suggestion that us wob are fickle fans cos only a few weeks beforehand he was probably defending the French c.unt :roll: :evil: :evil:
Even in that piece he undermines his credibility by calling for wenker to be given 1 more year and then PV4 to take over - now I loved PV4 as a player (probably in my 3 favourite Arsenal players of all time 8), and I would love to see him manage The Arsenal someday, but he is nowhere near ready yet. As I said lately, I have zero problems with the next guy being hired as a "patsy" to take the fall if/when things go tits up, but I don't want that "patsy" to be a player who had served the club so well over a number of years
On a completely unrelated matter, I built a house for Mersons ex wife...gorgeous little number :lol: :lol: :lol:
Her or the house? :D

Clash

Post by Clash »

augie wrote:
Clash wrote:This talk about Wenger spending and rebuilding the squad ... if you'd paid a builder a fortune to do some work on your house and the work was not up to standard because he wasnt up to doing it anymore ... would you offer to pay him even more money to put right what he had got wrong? Or would you get someone else?

The need for change is so blatantly fucking obvious that it is almost not worth discussing! :banghead:

Reminds me of the episode of Fawlty Towers where basil got the cowboy Irish Builder (a rarity in our great country :wink: :lol: ) to do a job on the door going into the restaurant, and he built the wall and closed if off altogether :lol: :lol:
haha yeah :D One of the best FT episodes :D

If only Basil Fawlty was our owner :
''Ah, Mr. Wenger. Well, it's perfectly simple. When I asked you to build me a team to compete in England and Europe, I was rather thinking that instead of just dumping the players out there on the pitch to work it out for themselves, you might have found time to coach them and motivate them week in week out, you know in the traditional fashion''.

phpBB [video]

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Clash wrote:
augie wrote:
Clash wrote:This talk about Wenger spending and rebuilding the squad ... if you'd paid a builder a fortune to do some work on your house and the work was not up to standard because he wasnt up to doing it anymore ... would you offer to pay him even more money to put right what he had got wrong? Or would you get someone else?

The need for change is so blatantly fucking obvious that it is almost not worth discussing! :banghead:

Reminds me of the episode of Fawlty Towers where basil got the cowboy Irish Builder (a rarity in our great country :wink: :lol: ) to do a job on the door going into the restaurant, and he built the wall and closed if off altogether :lol: :lol:
haha yeah :D One of the best FT episodes :D

If only Basil Fawlty was our owner :
''Ah, Mr. Wenger. Well, it's perfectly simple. When I asked you to build me a team to compete in England and Europe, I was rather thinking that instead of just dumping the players out there on the pitch to work it out for themselves, you might have found time to coach them and motivate them week in week out, you know in the traditional fashion''.

phpBB [video]
One of the guys who donated on our Just Giving page referred to Wenger as Basil Fawlty :lol: :lol: :lol:

General

Post by General »

Transcript of Gazidis meeting with AST last year.

http://news.arseblog.com/2016/06/ivan-g ... ranscript/

There are few prophecies in there.

hertsgunner

Post by hertsgunner »

I saw Merson, Parlour and Groves at Southend the other night and when asked their views on Wenger out the impression that I got from Merson and Parlour was that they were sitting on the fence but Groves had the balls to say that he thought Wenger should go.When asked for a show of hands for and against Wenger the crowd was split 70% Wenger out to 30% Wenger to stay interestingly. Good to see a lot of old Skool Gooners there and no walking adverts for the club shop.

Babu

Post by Babu »

General wrote:Transcript of Gazidis meeting with AST last year.

Q: 5 years ago at this event, you said Arsene was accountable to the supporters. Given the recent supporter unrest I’d be very interested to hear your thoughts.

IG: I said something 5 years ago that I thought was relatively uncontroversial, because I feel like we are all accountable to the fans. Because what is a football club without fans? Who makes the decision about the manager? Self-evidently, it is the board. So there is that accountability built in. But in a broader sense, we’re all accountable to the fans.
Interesting, very interesting!

At least 2 more years then!

:suicide:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

hertsgunner wrote:
I saw Merson, Parlour and Groves at Southend the other night and when asked their views on Wenger out the impression that I got from Merson and Parlour was that they were sitting on the fence but Groves had the balls to say that he thought Wenger should go.When asked for a show of hands for and against Wenger the crowd was split 70% Wenger out to 30% Wenger to stay interestingly. Good to see a lot of old Skool Gooners there and no walking adverts for the club shop.
Merson is the ultimate flip-flopper and it doesn't seem like Parlour can find any work other than from the club.

My old man went on a Legends tour about three years ago and said that he had a good chat with Perry Groves who said that Wenger's time was up. Which is about two years and 11 months before anybody else in prominence seemed to realise it.

Babu

Post by Babu »

9 MARCH 2007...

Over 10 years ago... 10 years and 17 days ago...
This week Arsenal, often hailed as the team who play the most beautiful football in England, got dumped out of the Champions League by PSV Eindhoven. That defeat completed what Arsene Wenger described as a ‘horrendous’ two weeks in which his team lost the Carling Cup Final and were knocked out of the FA Cup. Arsenal’s season is now as good as over. So much for beautiful football!
http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/ar ... Ngm0_mGOUl

Babu

Post by Babu »

1. They don’t like it up ‘em
2. Wenger is ungracious in defeat
3. Thierry Henry (insert name here ) disappears in big games
4. Arsenal too often want to walk the ball into the net
5. They are vulnerable to set pieces
6. Arsenal players wear gloves when it’s cold
TEN years ago!

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/ar ... NgqR_l96Ul

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Babu wrote:
General wrote:Transcript of Gazidis meeting with AST last year.

Q: 5 years ago at this event, you said Arsene was accountable to the supporters. Given the recent supporter unrest I’d be very interested to hear your thoughts.

IG: I said something 5 years ago that I thought was relatively uncontroversial, because I feel like we are all accountable to the fans. Because what is a football club without fans? Who makes the decision about the manager? Self-evidently, it is the board. So there is that accountability built in. But in a broader sense, we’re all accountable to the fans.
Interesting, very interesting!

At least 2 more years then!

:suicide:
Just wait until after the City game...Gazidis is going to see his name all over the back pages of the newspapers. Try spinning your way out of that you duplicitous money grubber.

General

Post by General »

northbank123 wrote:
hertsgunner wrote:
Merson is the ultimate flip-flopper and it doesn't seem like Parlour can find any work other than from the club.
Romford Pele needs all the money he can get after his missus took him to the cleaners.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Babu wrote:
1. They don’t like it up ‘em
2. Wenger is ungracious in defeat
3. Thierry Henry (insert name here ) disappears in big games
4. Arsenal too often want to walk the ball into the net
5. They are vulnerable to set pieces
6. Arsenal players wear gloves when it’s cold
TEN years ago!

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/ar ... NgqR_l96Ul
Yeah and the beautiful football went out the Window about 5 years ago as well - we are dull, predictable, one paced, unsuccessful and expensive to watch, you can see the appeal of buying that ST...

:roll:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

sk-gtfo wrote:http://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/t ... p-12795455

-----------------

Clearly we did not have the money so the board and Wenger are liars (as if we didn't know).

------------------

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2017/03/25/ ... ol/330920/

And so now Wenger is blaming Liverpool for us being useless as well.

No end of excuses, bs and lies from Wenger and the board.
So he is saying he had an agreement with Suarez, but Liverpool refused to sell.
If he went behind Liverpool's back to agree terms with Suarez without their permission, ( unlikely they would give it ) he has broken rules and made an illegal approach, which he went apeshit about other clubs doing.

Some might call him a hypocritical, two faced bastard.