THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Ziegler1988

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by Ziegler1988 »

"For the first time, Wenger has confirmed that his squad were told their performances in the run-in would determine whether the Frenchman would end his time in charge or not.
Arsenal won nine of their last ten matches culminating in an FA Cup Final success over Chelsea and Wenger signed a new two-year contract just four days later after meeting with majority shareholder Stan Kroenke and other board members.
“I assured the players in the final part of the season if we respond and win games, I will commit. I felt in the middle of the season it was a handicap.
“My deep secret desire to continue was always there but I thought ‘let’s first see how we do’. But at the end of the day, I think we finished very well. We won nine of the last 10 games."

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 09546.html

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:39 am
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... l#comments

hey Wenger here's an idea - instead of sympathising with the manager who actually WON the Premier League last season why don't you get on with your own job of trying to shift some of the dead wood at your own club!!! :banghead:
Once again casting his professional eye over world football in general and giving his unasked for opinion. And as for shifting the deadwood...he can't, as nobody is prepared to pay them the ridiculous money they are on and rather than take a pay cut they will ride the pine at risk free AFC under the loving, guiding hand of Daddy Warbucks.

The damage this man has done to AFC is becoming almost incalculable.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Ziegler1988 wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:16 am
"For the first time, Wenger has confirmed that his squad were told their performances in the run-in would determine whether the Frenchman would end his time in charge or not.
Arsenal won nine of their last ten matches culminating in an FA Cup Final success over Chelsea and Wenger signed a new two-year contract just four days later after meeting with majority shareholder Stan Kroenke and other board members.
“I assured the players in the final part of the season if we respond and win games, I will commit. I felt in the middle of the season it was a handicap.
“My deep secret desire to continue was always there but I thought ‘let’s first see how we do’. But at the end of the day, I think we finished very well. We won nine of the last 10 games."

Despicable PRICK. Of course your secret desire was to continue...there isn't an organization in the world who would allow you the freedom you have, pay you the salary you receive, then expect fuck all in return.

As a matter of interest why does this insufferable c*nt not tell his players TONIGHT, at the beginning of the season, NOT at the end, he expects them to win at least 28 of the next 38 league games, otherwise he's leaving???
Ask him that....his answer will be "It's too early in the season to put that kind of pressure on the players". So in other words let's go out and win when there is nothing to play for. A nice pressure free enviroment, plus half the opposition are already on holiday.

FUCK OFF you gigantic fraud.

General

Post by General »

Ziegler1988 wrote:

Don't you just wish the most horrible things on this man for his arrogance and downright lack of sincerity . Taking sua sponte action and setting convenient targets for the team to satisfy his own confirmation bias is certainly something to be proud of. Even if they'd lost the remaining league games winning the cup final still would've been enough. Teflon Wenger has an endless supply of lifelines. Of course the 18points or so they finished behind the champions and the 50+goals they shipped didn't matter. When is the media going to be brave enough and tell this bumbling fool to save his self serving lectures for when he actually delivers a major trophy.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Ziegler1988 wrote:

Utter *word censored*. No other way to describe this arrogant, piece of shit. Total fucking ego-mad, excuse making, failed *word censored*.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Doesn't matter how this pantomime ends tonight it only serves to show what we can expect this season !! i.e. Business as usual from this fucking cuuunt !!!
Shit performances and shit team selection !! i.e. If Sanchez is alive even on one leg he should play
NOW FUCK OFF WENGER!!!!!
This is a great opportunity to get on his back from day 1 and torment this detestable fucking bastard all season 👍

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:39 am
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... l#comments

hey Wenger here's an idea - instead of sympathising with the manager who actually WON the Premier League last season why don't you get on with your own job of trying to shift some of the dead wood at your own club!!! :banghead:

Sadly most of the dead wood nobody else would take, unless we pay most of the wages. Double edge sword!!!

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Arsene Wenger remains eager to trim the Arsenal squad, but declined to specify who he would like to move on for fear of creating "a difficult mental climate."

aaah poor shrinking violet he is scared to upset anyone.....dont have any confrontations Arsene.....oh wait a minute are you not the MANAGER the guy who has to make tough decisions......or its just easier to run the place like a charity..

Looking at Ozil last night what is going on with that guy....even more disinterested than ever....and Wenger just drifts on collecting his wages....ignoring it all around him

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

WE will NEVER win the title under Wenger ...FA cup, and 5th place is about our mark (with a good cup draw of course)

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Sean

Post by Sean »

When will this great thread be re-pinned? :barscarf: :mrgreen:

657 days until the next contract renewal :lol:

:suicide:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... tract.html

No better candidates than Wenger says Gazidis.

Oh well, alrighty then. We are all idiots and whatever this lying fraudulent, money grabbing cartel has to say must be true. Beginning to hate everything about this club.

I absolutely despise the way they treat us like such complete idiots.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

xisstential wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:12 am
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... tract.html

No better candidates than Wenger says Gazidis.

Oh well, alrighty then. We are all idiots and whatever this lying fraudulent, money grabbing cartel has to say must be true. Beginning to hate everything about this club.

I absolutely despise the way they treat us like such complete idiots.
Same as the old "there is nobody out there who can improve our squad bollocks" laughable.

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Wenger has said Sanchez will not be sold. Now nothing from here to the last day in the transfer window should change that position.

However, if Sanchez is sold on the last day, then it will be obvious, that it was the intention of the club all along to flog Sanchez very late in the window, in order to avoid the pressure of expectation of using that money to find a direct replacement.

They did it before, by announcing Welbecks 'long term injury until after the transfer window had shut. So I wouldnt put it past them.

Whats worse, is how Wenger and the board think they are clever an being covert. When really, they are committing these silly plans in full view. We know what youre doing Arsene, turst me mate, your not as intelligent as you think you are.

If they think they can sell Sanchez, then turn around and say a replacements wasnt bought because 'there wasn't enough time'. Then they well and truly take the fans for muppets. However the thing is, some fans are muppets and will accept it.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Wilson wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:06 am
Wenger has said Sanchez will not be sold. Now nothing from here to the last day in the transfer window should change that position.

However, if Sanchez is sold on the last day, then it will be obvious, that it was the intention of the club all along to flog Sanchez very late in the window, in order to avoid the pressure of expectation of using that money to find a direct replacement.

They did it before, by announcing Welbecks 'long term injury until after the transfer window had shut. So I wouldnt put it past them.

Whats worse, is how Wenger and the board think they are clever an being covert. When really, they are committing these silly plans in full view. We know what youre doing Arsene, turst me mate, your not as intelligent as you think you are.

If they think they can sell Sanchez, then turn around and say a replacements wasnt bought because 'there wasn't enough time'. Then they well and truly take the fans for muppets. However the thing is, some fans are muppets and will accept it.
Yes this will likely happen, and we find out Wenger is mis leading everyone, nothing new there, will all be forgotten, Wenger and Gazidis know they can say or do practically anything, they are in contempt of fans....think we are not to be listened to....

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:03 am
Wilson wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:06 am

Yes this will likely happen, and we find out Wenger is mis leading everyone, nothing new there, will all be forgotten, Wenger and Gazidis know they can say or do practically anything, they are in contempt of fans....think we are not to be listened to....
That's exactly right...it's a half hearted attempt to at least pretend...if people see through it..SO WHAT??

Sanchez is going, we all know that, he won't play again as the "injury" gets worse, sold off at the last minute, Wenger will say he didn't want to but the board sold him and his hands were tied.

The problem with that explanation is...When does Wenger ever do anything the board want him to if he doesn't???

Lies, deception, smoke, mirrors and obfuscation. Wengers Arsenal!! If you don't like it...we don't care.