THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
NickF

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by NickF »

Gazidis being the snake he is will say and do anything for self-preservation.
Any person with a scrap of dignity would have quit after his catalyst-for-change sh*te from last season.

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

Herd wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:27 am
That's a class article and some amazing spiel from the chameleon Gazidis,who clearly has NO shame and skin thicker than a rhino !
The entire article is an effort of his part to suggest he has some vestiges of authority when clearly he has none .
He uses the Royal we to suggest he was part of the decision making process that extended Wengers contract and that he was onboard with it .
It gives the reader the impression and indeed the Mail writes that Gazidis gave him his new contract after consultation ,brilliant work indeed .
The harsh reality was he made a bid to kurb the power and influence of the Wenger and impose controls upon him and failed utterly when his Boss ignored his Whisperings and handed Wenger a new and IMPROVED 2 year deal without any such hindrances on his authority.
In fact this summer has seen Wenger more in control than ever which leaves Gazidis out in the cold .
Despite Gazidis desperate attempts at salvaging some respectability with his Bizarre end season video,and the trip to Monaco post season with Wenger we all know his number is up .
He is a Director without portfolio , a useless and pathetic figurehead with Kroenke for a boss and Wenger as his chief tormentor !
Spot on mate. You'd like to think that any decent man would walk away after he has been undermined so publicly and so obviously. However I can think of 2million reasons that Gazidis stays!!

It's such a shame that more people didn't join us on the protests last season, because I'm convinced we could've shifted Wenger if there had been enough of a groundswell and enough disruption inside and outside the stadium.

They were just about able to brush off 1,000 of us outside but they could not have ignored 10,000 outside or major disruption inside. The circus will carry on until we do . . . . . . .

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

It's similar to the Bouldy situation. If he had a shred of dignity left he would walk. But then I'd imagine the alleged £1million he is on per year is a strong motivator to swallow his pride, integrity and dignity all in one big ol lump of Wenger-flavoured shite. :|

Herd

Post by Herd »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:26 am
It's similar to the Bouldy situation. If he had a shred of dignity left he would walk. But then I'd imagine the alleged £1million he is on per year is a strong motivator to swallow his pride, integrity and dignity all in one big ol lump of Wenger-flavoured shite. :|
Sure but wasn't Ivan in great demand in the USA to be the new supremo for the American League back in April ,just days after his "the manager must be a catalyst for change " speech or was that just him planting shit in case he got the heave ho by Stan !
I think we should be told !
Also I think he has a written in Golden parachute clause in his Contract in case he gets the tin tac which back in 2011 was worth 5 million squid ,might be more now !
Either way he's riding the gravy train !

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Herd wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:06 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sure but wasn't Ivan in great demand in the USA to be the new supremo for the American League back in April ,just days after his "the manager must be a catalyst for change " speech or was that just him planting shit in case he got the heave ho by Stan !
Also I think he has a written in Golden parachute clause in his Contract in case he gets the tin tac which back in 2011 was worth 5 million squid ,might be more now !
And the only time it stops is for somebody else to hop on.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:52 pm
The feeling of enmity was exacerbated by bitter north London rivals Tottenham Hotspur flourishing, and Wenger stated he felt that "sometimes they expressed themselves in a ridiculous way, like when a plane flew over the Emirates with a message that was hostile to me."

What a vile despicable person this fella is.....i truly hate him
A plane flew over the Emirates?? Really...and when exactly was that, London is a no fly zone.... Wenger sitting there hallucinating.... no wonder he doesn't know what's going on on the field, he doesn't even know what's going on off it :? :? :?

Herd

Post by Herd »

Ha Ha what a web of shit this is !
The Mail article refers to a Sky Sports web feed which itself is a repeat of Gazidis talking on Arsenal media on May 31st after the New contract was stuffed down Ivan's throat.
This in itself could be down to lazy journalism except the express also picked it up and ran it .
The conclusion is either Sky/mail/express are very lazy cants ,someone wanted it re-hashed for his own ends .
I think we should be told ,but we wont !

NickF

Post by NickF »

Herd wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:06 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Probably the same way Wenger is apparently in great demand by all the European giants and that we are lucky for his loyalty. :roll:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Also I think he has a written in Golden parachute clause in his Contract in case he gets the tin tac which back in

And the only time it stops is for somebody else to hop on.
Yup last on board is Mad Jens ,the German Mr Motivator,eager to shift Steve Bould out of the comfy chair next to Wenger, but Steve is proving harder to shift than oil stains on a white shirt .

tooot tooot all aboard !

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

This situation of players having there contracts run down..Ozil and Sanchez in particular so they can walk away on a free after the year ends

Wenger describes it as an "ideal situation"

Now he is reported as saying players will try harder with just a year left

He told his club's official site: "I personally think the real question we have to answer is does the hunger index increase or decrease when you have a short contract or a long contract?

Trying to somehow spin the situation and justify it....it is incredible as they are well known for penny pinching when bidding for players and here apparently willing to give away millions through negligence....how many times was Wenger asked about contracts he always said we will talk about it at the end of season ....

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Redarmy wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:45 pm
This situation of players having there contracts run down..Ozil and Sanchez in particular so they can walk away on a free after the year ends

He told his club's official site: "I personally think the real question we have to answer is does the hunger index increase or decrease when you have a short contract or a long contract?

Trying to somehow spin the situation and justify it....it is incredible as they are well known for penny pinching when bidding for players and here apparently willing to give away millions through negligence....how many times was Wenger asked about contracts he always said we will talk about it at the end of season ....
I haven't been in football for 30 years but nevertheless I am going to take a punt....... decrease.. they already have one foot out the door and they are not trying to earn a new contract because THEY WANT TO LEAVE!!

Duh!!

Btw, Hunger Index?? I wonder how long he's been waiting to give that an outing.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

xisstential wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:38 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:45 pm

I haven't been in football for 30 years but nevertheless I am going to take a punt....... decrease.. they already have one foot out the door and they are not trying to earn a new contract because THEY WANT TO LEAVE!!

Duh!!

Btw, Hunger Index?? I wonder how long he's been waiting to give that an outing.
If he was someone else's manager i would be laughing my head off, but unfortunately not the case

General

Post by General »

Herd

Post by Herd »

When considering the Hunger index one must also factor in the Adebayor Principal . When applied correctly A player that can perform like a star just b4 contract nego can then go missing as soon as the contracts done and picks up a hard to find injury in between CL matches until man city come and buy them.

Wenger ousted Engleman on the basis that he let Flamini's contract run down and yet here we are again .
Players can sign for their next club 6 months b4 their contracts expire and Sanchez and Ozil will be able to command MONSTER wages if on a free so their Hunger to play will be ZERO !

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

The "hunger index"??? :coffeespit: Superb. On a par with "financial doping" and "internal transfer market". :coffeespit:

I reckon he plays word bingo.

Here have a go, bitches. Pick one word from each category and put them together to form a Wengerism. The best one wins a night with Spuddy**

Category A;

Financial, Economic, Physical, Motivational, Technical, Transfer, Tactical, Psychological, Leetle bit, Footballing, Spiritual, Group, Intelligent, Rational, Relative, Innovative, Strategic.

Category B:

Motivation, Downsizing, Expansion, Intelligence, Psychology, Index, Market, Economy, Doping, Strength, Honesty, Zone, Ramifications, Integrity, Consistency, Expression, Energy, Resources, Capability, Ethic, Strategy, Tactics.

**DISCLAIMER: Winner will be expected to provide his own lube, condoms, strap-on dildo's and gimp masks. No cash or gash alternative to prize.