THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
xisstential

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by xisstential »

General wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:42 am
Nos89 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:37 pm
It wouldn't surprise me if Dick Law's replacement ties up 2-3 year extension for Sanchez and Ozil with a buyout clause of £60-70m each. Give Sanchez his £400k a week, and £300k to Ozil from now with a promise they can go if a club bids for either of them and match the buyout fee. I simply don't expect this board to let them go for free.
Zero chance of either of them getting paid more than Wonga and I've always said that I think they've been offered a lot less than the media have reported. By leaving Sanchez out of key games and doing ok, Wonga is trying to convince people that he's not indispensable. Depending on how we're doing by Jan, Sanchez will probably be sold to City as they are unlikely to be our direct rivals anyway. Ozil will do a Flamini circa 07/08 and leave on a free in the summer. His pay day will come from his signing on fee.
There was some interesting talk this morning on Talkshite with Laura Woods from Sky that Pep might be re considering Sanchez as the Jesus/Aguero partnership is so successful at the moment. Plus Jose has expressed interest as well (Probably just to wind Wenger up)

Also reference Klopp, they were saying people think it's unfair that as soon as Wenger fucks up he gets pelters but Klopp gets off scot free. Lets see if he gets off scot free for a decade?? There are already Klopp Out posters on Twitter... I say he's gone by Christmas.

And Wenger Christmas 2022.......Huge big fanfare, gold watch, cake & cookies for all the press... before they carry him upstairs to watch over the new manager, the cleaners, the tea lady, the parking lot.........

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

#may2025

General

Post by General »

xisstential wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:01 am
General wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me if Dick Law's replacement ties up 2-3 year extension for Sanchez and Ozil with a buyout clause of £60-70m each. Give Sanchez his £400k a week, and £300k to Ozil from now with a promise they can go if a club bids for either of them and match the buyout fee. I simply don't expect this board to let them go for free.
Zero chance of either of them getting paid more than Wonga and I've always said that I think they've been offered a lot less than the media have reported. By leaving Sanchez out of key games and doing ok, Wonga is trying to convince people that he's not indispensable. Depending on how we're doing by Jan, Sanchez will probably be sold to City as they are unlikely to be our direct rivals anyway. Ozil will do a Flamini circa 07/08 and leave on a free in the summer. His pay day will come from his signing on fee.
There was some interesting talk this morning on Talkshite with Laura Woods from Sky that Pep might be re considering Sanchez as the Jesus/Aguero partnership is so successful at the moment. Plus Jose has expressed interest as well (Probably just to wind Wenger up)

Also reference Klopp, they were saying people think it's unfair that as soon as Wenger fucks up he gets pelters but Klopp gets off scot free. Lets see if he gets off scot free for a decade?? There are already Klopp Out posters on Twitter... I say he's gone by Christmas.

And Wenger Christmas 2022.......Huge big fanfare, gold watch, cake & cookies for all the press... before they carry him upstairs to watch over the new manager, the cleaners, the tea lady, the parking lot.........
You not only have to contend with the AKBs mongs who can't see the wood for the trees but these painfully blind outside sympathisers too. My Liverpool supporting mate likes to argue that they have ambition unlike us and will get rid of Klopp is he doesn't deliver. I pointed out to him that their record signing Mane or whoever it is cost £35-40m. We have at least 5players costing just as much or more - Sanchez, Mustafi, Xhaka, Ozil and Lacazette. But we know the fraud has cemented his name in the history books for doing wonders on a shoe string budget.

General

Post by General »

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

General wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:32 am
xisstential wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:01 am
General wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

You not only have to contend with the AKBs mongs who can't see the wood for the trees but these painfully blind outside sympathisers too. My Liverpool supporting mate likes to argue that they have ambition unlike us and will get rid of Klopp is he doesn't deliver. I pointed out to him that their record signing Mane or whoever it is cost £35-40m. We have at least 5players costing just as much or more - Sanchez, Mustafi, Xhaka, Ozil and Lacazette. But we know the fraud has cemented his name in the history books for doing wonders on a shoe string budget.

Liverpool did it with Suarez. Ozil and Sanchez could play this season with bigger wages and we could promise to release them at the end of the season for their clause. I can only guess that Wenger doesn't want to introduce a clause and the players won't trust him to keep his word to sell. Either way it's costing us about 120 Million which we all now is shite buisness and leads to us not signing replacements

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

What a truly bizarre looking picture.... head too big for the body, long spindly legs, size 18 shoes...looks like the weight of his head is going to make him topple forward.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xisstential wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:38 am

What a truly bizarre looking picture.... head too big for the body, long spindly legs, size 18 shoes...looks like the weight of his head is going to make him topple forward.
To quote the great Spinal Tap; "well, that's... that's just nit-picking, isn't it?". :lol:

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

When I was a kid (70s and 80s) my Dad used to tease me and call us Lucky Arsenal. I used to argue with him saying "No we're not . . . "

But these cup draws we're getting are freakish. I can't recall a team ever getting so many spawny home ties. Two non league teams at home in Rounds 5 & 6 - when did that ever happen????

Wenger's pact with the Devil must be working!!

Clash

Post by Clash »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:15 am
When I was a kid (70s and 80s) my Dad used to tease me and call us Lucky Arsenal. I used to argue with him saying "No we're not . . . "

But these cup draws we're getting are freakish. I can't recall a team ever getting so many spawny home ties. Two non league teams at home in Rounds 5 & 6 - when did that ever happen????

Wenger's pact with the Devil must be working!!
It's definitely freakish ... unfortunately Wenger's luck isnt Arsenal's luck :banghead:

JoshIM2150

Post by JoshIM2150 »

Would be for Wenger to screw up the team selection for the game against Norwich and we crash out with a 1-0 goal in the last minute of added time...

Jumpers For Goalposts

Imagehttps://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... WCfExKPRGV

Does anybody know when this was taken??

What a bunch of melts. "Yes let's wave some banners in support of our under-achieving, arrogant manager. That way, we can help prolong this nightmare for 2 more years . . . . . . . "

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:10 am

What a bunch of melts. "Yes let's wave some banners in support of our under-achieving, arrogant manager. That way, we can help prolong this nightmare for 2 more years . . . . . . . "
May 2009, I believe: https://www.google.com/amp/www.goal.com ... ene-wenger

Jumpers For Goalposts

2009 ??

I'm up to date as usual. :lol: I hope they've all come over to the dark side by now

Jumpers For Goalposts

Ziegler1988 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:53 am
Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:10 am

May 2009, I believe: https://www.google.com/amp/www.goal.com ... ene-wenger
:coffeespit:

Superb stuff !! I've just read the story from 2009 - "The Strasbourg born manager admits that he would be tempted to manage the Spanish giants". Oh if only he did. If only he'd pissed off to Madrid in 2009, we wouldn't have had to suffer this recurring nightmare.

And he would've been sacked within 18 months, possibly even less. He'd be back managing in Japan or some other 3rd rate outfit

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:06 am
2009 ??

I'm up to date as usual. :lol: I hope they've all come over to the dark side by now
Well I can clearly see augie there and he has deffo come over to the dark side! :lol: :wink: