THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Sean

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by Sean »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:21 am
The "hunger index"??? :coffeespit: Superb. On a par with "financial doping" and "internal transfer market". :coffeespit:

I reckon he plays word bingo.

Here have a go, bitches. Pick one word from each category and put them together to form a Wengerism. The best one wins a night with Spuddy**

Category A;

Financial, Economic, Physical, Motivational, Technical, Transfer, Tactical, Psychological, Leetle bit, Footballing, Spiritual, Group, Intelligent, Rational, Relative, Innovative, Strategic.

Category B:

Motivation, Downsizing, Expansion, Intelligence, Psychology, Index, Market, Economy, Doping, Strength, Honesty, Zone, Ramifications, Integrity, Consistency, Expression, Energy, Resources, Capability, Ethic, Strategy, Tactics.

**DISCLAIMER: Winner will be expected to provide his own lube, condoms, strap-on dildo's and gimp masks. No cash or gash alternative to prize.
Look, the club's Financial Motivation is, uhhhh, Economic Downsizing, but still keeping Footballing Intelligence and Motivational Psychology. Football is Leetle bit Expression, with Tactical Integrity and Spiritual Ethic. The Physical Expansion of the Transfer Economy is, uhhhh, Strategic Doping. I prefer Technical Honesty and Intelligent Consistency. The customers claim we have no Psychological Capability, but we have, uhhhh, Rational Strategy and Innovative Tactics, especially considering the Relative Resources and Group Strength.
Remaining words.
Category A;

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .

Category B:

, , , , , Index, Market, , , , , Zone, Ramifications, , , , Energy, , , , , .
I forego my prize and I nominate OBG to receive it. My recompense would be the re-pinning of this great thread 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Sean wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:34 am
Look, the club's Financial Motivation is, uhhhh, Economic Downsizing, but still keeping Footballing Intelligence and Motivational Psychology. Football is Leetle bit Expression, with Tactical Integrity and Spiritual Ethic. The Physical Expansion of the Transfer Economy is, uhhhh, Strategic Doping. I prefer Technical Honesty and Intelligent Consistency. The customers claim we have no Psychological Capability, but we have, uhhhh, Rational Strategy and Innovative Tactics, especially considering the Relative Resources and Group Strength.

Fucking hell, Sean! :coffeespit: I thought it was actually Wenger talking there for a minute!! :shock: :lol: :barscarf:

markyp

Post by markyp »

Sean wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
The "hunger index"??? :coffeespit: Superb. On a par with "financial doping" and "internal transfer market". :coffeespit:

Here have a go, bitches. Pick one word from each category and put them together to form a Wengerism. The best one wins a night with Spuddy**

Category A;

Financial, Economic, Physical, Motivational, Technical, Transfer, Tactical, Psychological, Leetle bit, Footballing, Spiritual, Group, Intelligent, Rational, Relative, Innovative, Strategic.

Category B:

Motivation, Downsizing, Expansion, Intelligence, Psychology, Index, Market, Economy, Doping, Strength, Honesty, Zone, Ramifications, Integrity, Consistency, Expression, Energy, Resources, Capability, Ethic, Strategy, Tactics.

**DISCLAIMER: Winner will be expected to provide his own lube, condoms, strap-on dildo's and gimp masks. No cash or gash alternative to prize.
Remaining words.
Category A;

Category B:

I forego my prize and I nominate OBG to receive it. My recompense would be the re-pinning of this great thread 8)
you forgot 'values' in that list,you must not forget 'the values of the club' whatever the feck they are these days?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

markyp wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:03 pm
Sean wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Category A;

Category B:

Remaining words.
Category A;

Category B:

you forgot 'values' in that list,you must not forget 'the values of the club' whatever the feck they are these days?
Mate, if I was to include every ludicrously mis-used word that came out of Wenger's mouth I'd break the internet ffs. :roll: :lol:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

markyp wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:03 pm
Sean wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Category A;

Category B:

Remaining words.
Category A;

Category B:

The clubs values are whatever his values are on that particular day. Whatever the feck that means :? :? :?

General

Post by General »

Interesting video on discussion between Alan Smith and Henry.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z8qDpteNJ7o

Key points
1. Henry said Wenger doesn't like to delegate.
2. Smith said Wenger likes to control everything. He allowed Bould to have a go when he joined but wrestled back control.
3. Smith said many fans wanted Wenger out, he's been here 21years and will not change.
4. Wenger made grand statement about how he's ready to go to next level etc but with just one game gone we're seeing the same old problems. Henry said he's seen this so many times and saw it coming against Leicester. Fans irked by team not competing for major trophies when on paper the team is good enough.
5. Henry said Pat Rice was very vocal.
6. Smith said Gazidis promised catalyst for change but not much has changed.

What I found interesting is how Henry seems a lot more willing to discuss the inner workings of the club. Smith looked annoyed and frustrated.

2more years of this shit. What's happening at this club is a scandal.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

I want someone to ask Wanger what he mean't by "reinventing himself".

:roll:

NickF

Post by NickF »

General wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:57 pm
Interesting video on discussion between Alan Smith and Henry.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z8qDpteNJ7o
Great video, thanks for posting.

To quote Alan Smith:

"Arsene Wenger's been there 21 years, he's not going to change his ways.... That's the thing that everyone has got to accept and that's what the board accepted in awarding him a 2 year contract"

How depressing is that?

Everyone can see he is past it and has been for years, they know this season will be the same as the last 8-10, yet most don't want to admit it and the media continue to brown-nose him.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

NickF wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:20 pm

Everyone can see he is past it and has been for years, they know this season will be the same as the last 8-10, yet most don't want to admit it and the media continue to brown-nose him.
Everyone including Kroenke, the most worrying thing is he simply doesn't care, I don't believe for one minute he really thinks Wenger can win the title etc. he just thinks Wenger can keep us in the top 6 and might get 4th (aka staying slightly relevant), maybe another domestic cup, this is his 'ambition' for the club.

That's why I say a great big f*ck you to buying any more tickets or anything else from the club until the cash cowboy buggers off, simply don't see any reason why anyone else would choose to but each to their own..

:?

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I want someone to ask Wanger what he mean't by "reinventing himself"
He meant what he's going to have to do to deal with the extra 2m in wages per year he 'negotiated' in his new contract. Must be tough to find something to do with 11m a year when you have no friends and you're tighter than an Ants minge! :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:17 pm
NickF wrote:

Everyone including Kroenke, the most worrying thing is he simply doesn't care, I don't believe for one minute he really thinks Wenger can win the title etc. he just thinks Wenger can keep us in the top 6 and might get 4th (aka staying slightly relevant), maybe another domestic cup, this is his 'ambition' for the club.

That's why I say a great big f*ck you to buying any more tickets or anything else from the club until the cash cowboy buggers off, simply don't see any reason why anyone else would choose to but each to their own..

And this is why Wiggy is actually now a bigger problem than even Wenger. He as the owner has the power, he sets the ambition of the club, he sets the tone, he sets the minimum acceptable return from the manager. And the ambition, tone and minimal acceptable return he has set for Arsenal is the same as all his other sports franchises; profitable mediocrity. And Wenger delivers exactly what Kroenke wants. Until the profits stop, Kroenke will be here, and whilst Kroenke is here then fucking shit for brains Wenger will be here. :censored: :roll:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Very few people talk openly about what goes on inside and theres nothing new in what they are saying because we already know it but whilst it's good to get affirmation from Henry and Smith this won't affect anything.
Far from reflecting and doing anything to rectify the problems Arsene will consider this an unwarranted attack on himself and he will be even more determined not to change for he truly believes that he is the messiah who will lead us to the promised land .
Henry is now the enemy !

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:00 am
sk-gtfo wrote:
NickF wrote:

And this is why Wiggy is actually now a bigger problem than even Wenger. He as the owner has the power, he sets the ambition of the club, he sets the tone, he sets the minimum acceptable return from the manager. And the ambition, tone and minimal acceptable return he has set for Arsenal is the same as all his other sports franchises; profitable mediocrity. And Wenger delivers exactly what Kroenke wants. Until the profits stop, Kroenke will be here, and whilst Kroenke is here then fucking shit for brains Wenger will be here. :censored: :roll:
And all the while they both "accept" this is what they want out of the club fuck all will change,they are both in the safe zone,profit for Stan and job security for Arsene,Arsenal are like a mogul's Monopoly game

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

robbo10 wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:07 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:00 am
sk-gtfo wrote:
NickF wrote:

And all the while they both "accept" this is what they want out of the club fuck all will change,they are both in the safe zone,profit for Stan and job security for Arsene,Arsenal are like a mogul's Monopoly game
It's crazy really isn't it? At what other so-called "big" club (Manure, Mousers) or currently successful no-history pimped small club (chav$, citeh) would a manager be allowed to go 13 (THIRTEEN) seasons without winning the PL? And before anyone offers the frankly fucking stupid defence of "but Kroenke wasn't owner for all that time", Kroenke has had total control for 6 of those seasons and was on the Board for 9 of them. :roll: :x

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:05 am
Very few people talk openly about what goes on inside and theres nothing new in what they are saying because we already know it but whilst it's good to get affirmation from Henry and Smith this won't affect anything.
Far from reflecting and doing anything to rectify the problems Arsene will consider this an unwarranted attack on himself and he will be even more determined not to change for he truly believes that he is the messiah who will lead us to the promised land .
Henry is now the enemy !
That bit in red is 100% bang on the money. Wenger hates to be questioned or "advised" and will dig his heels in in the usually false hope of proving everyone wrong - thus his refusal to offload rubbish players that have been identified as such in the media. His ego dictates everything to him, often to the detriment of the club. :roll: