THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
xisstential

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by xisstential »

GTG wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:33 pm
Herd wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:38 pm
The fact is as fans ,customers,supporters ,revenue streams we are screwed and are powerless .
I applaud those who have made their protest and their inventiveness ,they certainly had had the media going and it did put pressure on the board but ultimately the result of last years upheavals was to cement TOF in his bunker for two more years with even more power than he had before because Stan is the only person with authority and he thinks Wengers doing fine .
When (not If) things go Pete Tong this year the levels of protest needed will have to bed ramped up considerably , I hope X,Nick and the rest who lead the way are ready because theirt time will come again ..............and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again !
If I was Nick and the others I wouldn't even bother when the time comes again. Why the fuck would you want to put yourself through all that effort and organising to get no more than 1000 actually turn up? They may get a few more this year when the reality dawns for some more AKB's but it won't go much over that 1000 on any marches and nothing will ever happen in the bowl that hasn't already.

I honestly believed the protests and continual spotlight would make Wenger walk last season despite others telling me it wouldn't I was totally wrong.

You rightly pointed out that it isn't a football club anymore so as such the best option is just to turn up if you want too enjoy a piss up with mates and not get too arsed over it because it aint changing anytime soon.
I wouldn't support paying AFC to have a piss up with your mates. Imagine the piss up you could have if you weren't paying the entrance fee?? Hell you could have it in Greece :lol: :lol: :lol:

NickF

Post by NickF »

GTG wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:33 pm
Herd wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:38 pm
The fact is as fans ,customers,supporters ,revenue streams we are screwed and are powerless .
I applaud those who have made their protest and their inventiveness ,they certainly had had the media going and it did put pressure on the board but ultimately the result of last years upheavals was to cement TOF in his bunker for two more years with even more power than he had before because Stan is the only person with authority and he thinks Wengers doing fine .
When (not If) things go Pete Tong this year the levels of protest needed will have to bed ramped up considerably , I hope X,Nick and the rest who lead the way are ready because theirt time will come again ..............and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again !
If I was Nick and the others I wouldn't even bother when the time comes again. Why the fuck would you want to put yourself through all that effort and organising to get no more than 1000 actually turn up? They may get a few more this year when the reality dawns for some more AKB's but it won't go much over that 1000 on any marches and nothing will ever happen in the bowl that hasn't already.
I'm not. Gave up my season ticket and not going again until Wenger (and preferably Kroenke) have gone. Most people don't seem to care if that we're not competing, so why should I?

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Just had a though about our "Nigerian friend", he's clearly Wenger out, strangely it might suit our agenda for Arsenal to do poorly this season, why?, well because if he does come in with a takeover bid and Wenger is in a weak position it then heaps pressure on Wiggy to stop alligning himself with Wenger, this gets interesting as if there is substantial unrest at that time it will force Wiggy into a position where, even more so than this summer, he has to side with Wenger OR the fanbase.

Like others have said finishing 3rd/4th this season doesn't do us (as in the non AKB supporters) any favours, again it is "all or nothing" time, win the title great.. if not 7th will do nicely please. :twisted:

Oh and no more FA cup... :cry: :twisted: :mrgreen:

NickF

Post by NickF »

Don't think it really matters where we finish in the league, Wenger isn't going anywhere. The owner is too stupid to sack him and the majority won't do a thing about it.

That's the main reason I stopped going - the realisation that club doesn't actually care about winning the big trophies. If it did, they would have not given him a new contract.

Instead they come out with some bull about scouting Europe and there is no one better despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

General

Post by General »

NickF wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:25 pm
Don't think it really matters where we finish in the league, Wenger isn't going anywhere. The owner is too stupid to sack him and the majority won't do a thing about it.

That's the main reason I stopped going - the realisation that club doesn't actually care about winning the big trophies. If it did, they would have not given him a new contract.

Instead they come out with some bull about scouting Europe and there is no one better despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.
Barring a catastrophic collapse, which the lying fraud always manages to avert, the next 2 years are carved in stone and people need to get used to this I'm afraid. This whole 2year contract is meant to suppress any further discussions about his future and cement his authority.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

General wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:32 am
NickF wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:25 pm

Barring a catastrophic collapse, which the lying fraud always manages to avert, the next 2 years are carved in stone and people need to get used to this I'm afraid. This whole 2year contract is meant to suppress any further discussions about his future and cement his authority.
And therein lies the rub. Somehow by sheer dumb luck, other teams ineptitude and our final 2 months of helter skelter determination to save the managers skin, it never happens. He does just enough, just enough, and he somehow holds on... year after year after year.............

I was hoping this would be the year of an 7th/8th place finish but suddenly that doesn't look as promising as it did. Liverpool defend like we do (a recipe for disaster), Chelsea appear to be on one of their "get rid of the manager" type strikes and I think spurs might struggle at Wembley. 4th place is assured with a new and improved 5 year contract waiting as a reward for Mr 30 years :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

xisstential wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:19 am

And therein lies the rub. Somehow by sheer dumb luck, other teams ineptitude and our final 2 months of helter skelter determination to save the managers skin, it never happens. He does just enough, just enough, and he somehow holds on... year after year after year.............

I was hoping this would be the year of an 7th/8th place finish but suddenly that doesn't look as promising as it did. Liverpool defend like we do (a recipe for disaster), Chelsea appear to be on one of their "get rid of the manager" type strikes and I think spurs might struggle at Wembley. 4th place is assured with a new and improved 5 year contract waiting as a reward for Mr 30 years :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Funny isn't it, that other clubs having a one off poor or at least mix season now and again does us more damage than if they put some bloody consistency together and showed up Wenger, it always lets him off the hook, like last season we finally finish 5th but the cup comes to his rescue.

Not 100% convinced we'll get top 4 but as you say there are issues going on at a number of our rivals which could benefit Wenger (not Arsenal :roll: ), but in the end who gives a toss?, was it funny to watch Chelsea implode a couple of years back?, at the time yes but what happened thereafter?, they won the bloody title again.

It must be fun to watch a club that wins a title then has an off season, a bit like the old days before Sky etc. corrupted the game, I think this is where fans of other clubs don't get the frustration of being a gooner, you ungrateful sods you get top 4 every season (nearly), yes but the point is that there is no variety, no hope, no going into a new season thinking it will be any different than the last.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

I was at a wedding a few weeks back and when sitting down for dinner I overheard someone else sitting at my table saying he was an Arsenal supporter. I perked up and said I am the same and then asked him the question I ask every Gooner when first meeting them, 'Are you Wenger in or Wenger out?'. He replied Wenger in and when I asked him way after so many years of failure he replied 'He brought us the Invincibles' :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: I ended the conversation right there because his wife was looking a little nervous

so for all the morons like the above fella I am delighted the club is in an absolute shambles at the moment

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:45 pm
I was at a wedding a few weeks back and when sitting down for dinner I overheard someone else sitting at my table saying he was an Arsenal supporter. I perked up and said I am the same and then asked him the question I ask every Gooner when first meeting them, 'Are you Wenger in or Wenger out?'. He replied Wenger in and when I asked him way after so many years of failure he replied 'He brought us the Invincibles' :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: I ended the conversation right there because his wife was looking a little nervous

so for all the morons like the above fella I am delighted the club is in an absolute shambles at the moment
Unfortunately mate we're not, we're successful in pretty much every deparpment barring the most important one and it seems for a majority of fans that is enough, personally i can't understand the attitude but that's the way it is. A large part of the fan based are so scared of change they're happy to accept mediocrity in the most important (for me anyway) aspect of the club, what happens on the pitch.

It's absolutely barking mad but there it is :cussing:

hertsgunner

Post by hertsgunner »

Nothing surprised me with today's game, we all expected it. Why don't we target a Europa league match at home when Wengers super fans can't be arsed to turn up. We should by up tickets in the same block, meet up in the boozer per match then turn up mob handed, get the banners out and make a bloody nuisance of ourselves.

Nick Bendtners Ego

Post by Nick Bendtners Ego »

He got out of jail last weekend and could easily be two defeats on the bounce. Media pressure would have been on him early on,not that they would be smelling blood from Kronke and his boardroom fluffers. Might even have received the Ashburton distain as per early season Villa a few years back.However losses to Liverpool and The Chavs with a Bournemouth win sandwiched between,combined with Sanchez being sold will see tensions and anger that was numbed by the tranquilising effect of the cup come to the fore. Only a matter of time before he's looking to the skies for divine help or a trailing 'Wenger out' sign.

JimmyAFC

Post by JimmyAFC »

hahahahahahahahahah. That's all I can do. Laugh. At this typical DeJa Vu feeling that has happened for the last 13 seasons.

Who was expecting anything different this season? What were these fucken idiots expecting who somehow still back this finished manager?

It's the same every single season it's actually laughable now. I don't even get angry anymore.

Lack of preparation. Players out of position. Tactics wrong. Starting eleven wrong. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D.

Defence conceding easy goals.

Hilarious. 2 more years everyone!!! How depressing.

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

There are huge amounts of money floating through Arsenal. Our wage bill is massive but apart from that we should easily be able to sign Lemar for 70 Million.
Where on earth is all the cash going. We can't compete with Man United but we can and should be doing loads more to improve the team.
Wenger and our board are doing nothing to improve the team.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

He doesn't have too many players in the squad, he has too many mediocre players in the squad! But everyone in power at Arsenal is happy, because the money rolls in. As every other fair minded Gooner says, nothing will change. I've said it before.......a new manager wants a new back up team and new players, that would realistically cost WELL over 100-150m so Kranky is NEVER going to want Wonga to leave. EVER!!!!

Nick Bendtners Ego

Post by Nick Bendtners Ego »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:24 am
There are huge amounts of money floating through Arsenal. Our wage bill is massive but apart from that we should easily be able to sign Lemar for 70 Million.
Where on earth is all the cash going. We can't compete with Man United but we can and should be doing loads more to improve the team.
Wenger and our board are doing nothing to improve the team.
The thing is though, one player, albeit a decent one won't make a slight of difference in the bigger picture of things. We seen how a good player like Sanchez made a difference up to a point but ultimately has got wore down and browned off with Wenger and the club masquerading as something its not. If we could quantom leap Messi in his prime to now he would some how mismanage him ffs. The small tumour that was present in 05/06 is now an unstoppable cancer that has taken over the body of the club and the only thing that Wenger and the board are doing other than alienating a vast number of supporters is improving their bank balance.