THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by Redarmy »

Swiss Tony Adams wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:20 am
Redarmy wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:39 pm
I cannot see the wanker ever leaving.....i mean at least 5/6 years yet, maybe more....its absolutely crazy...but thats where we are
Wenger will never leave the Club.

After his "management" finishes he will go to the Boardroom.

Even after his death they'll have him embalmed in his own Mausoleum in front of the Stadium...with a gift shop after you come out, to buy holy relics and artefacts of our Lord.
now I'm really depressed :?

Swiss Tony Adams

Post by Swiss Tony Adams »

Don't worry, be happy!

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is working on potential deals for three France internationals as he prepares for some major departures. Monaco's 18-year-old striker Kylian Mbappe, his 21-year-old team-mate Thomas Lemar and Lyon forward Alexandre Lacazette, 26, are all targets. (Daily Telegraph)

Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas has said the Gunners can have Lacazette if they sell them France striker Olivier Giroud in a player-plus-cash deal worth £60m. (Le10Sport, via Sun)

So we'll buy Lemar, right?
And lose Sanchez.

:suicide:

Swiss Tony Adams

Post by Swiss Tony Adams »

Actually, doesn't matter who we buy.
With that arsehole setting the team up we will never advance.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Swiss Tony Adams wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:38 am
I concur mate,nail on the head

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Swiss Tony Adams wrote:
yeah this is the point.
I am no longer interested in summer transfers because Wenger has made it meaningless.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I posted this on the Fake News thread but it sits equally well here;

Here's an interesting little nugget from 2007;

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... -my-choice

They have actually edited that page. The original article on that page had no qualification of the role and had Wenger advocating a Director of Football. I know this because I looked it up a few months ago when he came out with that "I don't know what a Director of Football means" shite. :|

Now the club have taken out some of his quotes and added this little qualification; "* It is important to note that no job title has been specified. Therefore the label 'Director of Football' is being used as a blanket term for this type of role.". :oops: :lol:

The actual original quote from Wenger in 2007 was;

"There will definitely be a director of football coming and it will definitely be my choice. That is something I will be looking at soon. At the moment I am doing both jobs - the one that David Dein used to do and my own. I was in a good position before because I would handle the football side and David would do the ugly stuff, the business. Now it's all down to me. It's difficult because that side of it is very time-consuming."

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2007/04 ... 0-arsenal/

So he appears to have had no problem understanding what a Director of Football meant back in 2007, but somehow not in 2017. And they actually changed his quote on the fucking website the pathetic bastards! :lol: Our club is run by a shower of lying cúnts to a man. :oops: :roll:

Oh, and I credit arsenal.com as the source of some of the quoted information above. :roll: :blah:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Swiss Tony Adams wrote:
^^^ THIS^^^ 101% FACT!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:21 am
I posted this on the Fake News thread but it sits equally well here;

Here's an interesting little nugget from 2007;

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... -my-choice

They have actually edited that page. The original article on that page had no qualification of the role and had Wenger advocating a Director of Football. I know this because I looked it up a few months ago when he came out with that "I don't know what a Director of Football means" shite. :|

Now the club have taken out some of his quotes and added this little qualification; "* It is important to note that no job title has been specified. Therefore the label 'Director of Football' is being used as a blanket term for this type of role.". :oops: :lol:

The actual original quote from Wenger in 2007 was;

"There will definitely be a director of football coming and it will definitely be my choice. That is something I will be looking at soon. At the moment I am doing both jobs - the one that David Dein used to do and my own. I was in a good position before because I would handle the football side and David would do the ugly stuff, the business. Now it's all down to me. It's difficult because that side of it is very time-consuming."

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2007/04 ... 0-arsenal/

So he appears to have had no problem understanding what a Director of Football meant back in 2007, but somehow not in 2017. And they actually changed his quote on the fucking website the pathetic bastards! :lol: Our club is run by a shower of lying cúnts to a man. :oops: :roll:

Oh, and I credit arsenal.com as the source of some of the quoted information above. :roll: :blah:
The thing is all of the above is Absolutely 100% True...and we as fans 9or should that be customers) are Totally F.U.C.K.E.D. with no avenue of recourse other than to walk away. :cry: it breaks my f'ing heart'. :cry:

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

We wont be 'ready' just like last season. Sanchez will be sold, just hope its to Bayern and not City, but as far as replacements go - the club will again make a dogs breakfast out of player recruitment, and come the opening day, Walcott and Giroud will be leading our attack.

The Arsene supporters have such short and selective memories.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Wilson wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:46 am
We wont be 'ready' just like last season. Sanchez will be sold, just hope its to Bayern and not City, but as far as replacements go - the club will again make a dogs breakfast out of player recruitment, and come the opening day, Walcott and Giroud will be leading our attack.

The Arsene supporters have such short and selective memories.
I don't think Sanchez will be sold unless Bayern are willing to pay up his wage demands, I suspect what might happen is he will sign a new deal with us (£250-300k pw) but it will be simply to give him a 'fair' wage and guarantee us a transfer fee because it will have a clause in it which will be along the lines of a bid over £60M will automatically get accepted.

So basically if we don't improve substantially next season he can get out anyway and doesn't have to sit on a 'paltry' £140k pw for the next year, our board are not stupid (well not when it comes to counting money) and realise it will cost over £80M to replace him so we might as well keep him next season on a higher wage but recoup that next summer.

:rubchin: :roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Okay, so we ALL know, and have accepted (with the exception of Ty & that other wanker) that as long as wenker remains in charge we will NOT win the Prem, Thus another way to look at the Alexis leaving situation might be, if he does go to Man $hitty - There will be even more anti-wenker feelings etc than if he departs to Bayern, also when we play $hitty Alexis WILL Score, and so again even more anti-wenger feelings etc.

So the more I get to see that arrogant, despot cun.t squirm the better...Ergo sell him to $hitty I say. :D :barscarf:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Rumours coming out of Italy suggest all is not well at Chelsea to such an extent that Conte may walk as he is unhappy about the lack of backing in the transfer market.
Meanwhile across London Arsenal and Arsene plod along regardless. If Wenger had principals he would have gone nine years ago.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Wenger has seen off all those who were a threat to his POWER starting with Engleman and Dein, Rice and Bould and latterly Gazidis n Chips .
He has fucked the fans over too !
I have to admire him for his guile and style in keeping the throne .
He makes Niccolo Machaivelli look positively honest ,and Sun Tzu look like a boxer whose had too many hits to the head .

If only he could use these practices ON the pitch where it really matters (to us at least ) we would win EVERYTHING !

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Has he gone yet?

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

I will judge him in May :wink: