THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by Redarmy »

"It's a dictatorship and he surrounds himself with yes men," ......

General

Post by General »

Plenty of leaks in the papers this morning about him staying and our two best players making way. Quite clear they are coming from someone inside club as most of the news outlets are carrying the story.

Also a few fans are saying how a few years ago Keoenke allowed the RAMs coach to sign a new contract in secrecy until things went tits up and he was forced to sack him so there is precedent if indeed Le fraud has signed already.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

£55million he spent on mustafi and xhaka. christ, what damage could he do with 100? :|

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clash wrote:Apologies as its no doubt been mentioned ... but did anyone see that appalling woman on the Sunday Supplement ?! Alyson Rudd her name is.

According to her the plane protest was embarrassing, those with the banners are only showing them because they want to get on TV and not because they really feel what they're saying on their banners ... and Wenger should get another year so he can redeem himself to the fans :banghead:

This time last year the likes of Rudd were telling us how Wenger deserved to see out the last year of his contract even though he'd fucked up another season. But because he has made a complete pigs dinner of this season too, he deserves yet another year :banghead:

When does this nonsense end? What exactly is he gonna do next year to redeem himself? Win the CL? hahaha.

Fuck off Rudd, you clueless bitch.
What a fucking unkowledgeable token she was! Fuck sake, if you are going to stick a woman on the show to tick your SlyCorporation PC box then at least find one with more brain cells than cellulite! :lol: :roll:

I feel Harry Enfield said it best when he said "Women!! KNOW YOUR PLACE!!" :lol: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:£55million he spent on mustafi and xhaka. christ, what damage could he do with 100? :|
:lol: :lol:

Doesn't bear thinking about. James Milner for £60million anyone? :rubchin:

:suicide:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

General wrote:Plenty of leaks in the papers this morning about him staying and our two best players making way. Quite clear they are coming from someone inside club as most of the news outlets are carrying the story.

Also a few fans are saying how a few years ago Keoenke allowed the RAMs coach to sign a new contract in secrecy until things went tits up and he was forced to sack him so there is precedent if indeed Le fraud has signed already.
Told you, mate - it's signed, deal done. We have at least one probably two more years of this insufferable horseshit ahead of us. :(

As for the players who might leave? Sanchez will go, but Ozil? I dunno. I'm a huge fan of his ability and technical prowess etc but even I can admit he is a luxury player who obviously likes the easy life. I think he might stay for a few extra quid. The man has the ability to win games but doesn't show it enough and never gets read out by Wenger for that. Where else could he get north of £100K (and next year maybe £200K) a week and be required to basically deliver as much as you feel like delivering? :|

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

What I don't get is why so many on here are so shocked that Wenger's ex-players from 96-04 aren't calling for his head. Why would they? Most are not and never have been Arsenal fans. To the majority of them we are just a club that employed them at one point in their career. Most owe their career success (to varying degrees) to Wenger. They are most likely still good friends with him. They meet him several times a year at games and social occasions. Forget them. Most of them will never cross that line.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Obviously he has already signed the new contract. He bangs on about wanting the best for the club and doing the right thing, well making everyone wait for a decision is none of those so I think he signed some time ago but he loves to play the media.
We'll hear lots of bullshit about total rebuilds, huge war chests etc etc because there are boxes and ST's to sell so it will be bullshit central for a couple of months. We're already linked to a French left back at the Spanish giants of Eibar! Available for about 7 or 8m......yes folks this will be part of the total rebuild......three players all around the 10m mark, three more 'Elneny' quality players to turn Arsenal around. The only thing that surprises me these days is that Arsole Wonga is actually able to dress himself in the morning, he has some serious issues with himself!!

General

Post by General »

DB10GOONER wrote:What I don't get is why so many on here are so shocked that Wenger's ex-players from 96-04 aren't calling for his head. Why would they? Most are not and never have been Arsenal fans. To the majority of them we are just a club that employed them at one point in their career. Most owe their career success (to varying degrees) to Wenger. They are most likely still good friends with him. They meet him several times a year at games and social occasions. Forget them. Most of them will never cross that line.
The fraud they knew is also not the one we see now. Their opinion is as useful as a chocolate teapot. I like the way ex scum put Keown in his place when he said things could get worse if Wenger announced he was leaving pointing out to him that things couldn't get any worse than they are now. Whichever way you look at it, there's a right mess going on behind the scenes and I pray this is all a smokescreen to secure a new manager.

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

I have to agree with you all about the prospect of Arsene wasting more money on bad players which will just take Arsenal Football Club down.
It's so bad right now I don't think we will recover for many years.
I am not a season ticket holder but as a fellow fan I want to say this, I'm sorry it has cost you so much money to follow Arsenal in many ways you are the ones who have been hit hardest.
As a self funding club we should have made sure you got to see the best talent and received value for money.
Honestly for the last 10 years you have all been ripped off by Wenger and the board who continue to support him.
Maybe you should think hard about retaining your season ticket under this dictatorship regime.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Page 2026. The year Wenger finally goes :barscarf:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

DB10GOONER wrote:What I don't get is why so many on here are so shocked that Wenger's ex-players from 96-04 aren't calling for his head. Why would they? Most are not and never have been Arsenal fans. To the majority of them we are just a club that employed them at one point in their career. Most owe their career success (to varying degrees) to Wenger. They are most likely still good friends with him. They meet him several times a year at games and social occasions. Forget them. Most of them will never cross that line.
Agree. Sorry but I'm not having the bollocks Henry spouts about being an arsenal fan. He isn't. The players from that era simply cannot separate Wenger today from the Wenger they worked under. They still think he they walks on the water. Even the likes of Henry who left to win big trophies (and did) and would never have pissed away his career 15 points off the top every year.

Funny how the two Invincibles and long-term key players under Wenger's first decade who don't pile up in his defence are Vieira and Db10 - the only two players who have worked hard to forge a career in football coaching/management rather than sitting on their arse on a sofa with also-rans like Jamie Redknapp, Jermaine Jenas and Danny Murphy.

Even the Wenger-apologist BBC had a scathing front page article from Chris Sutton, the typical 'be careful what you wish for' media drone. Nobody on the ducking planet thinks that he should stay, other than our board, a deluded section of fans who think the club was founded in 1996 and Wenger himself. It's a complete fucking disgrace and dereliction of duty that it is his decision to make.

Have to say that my current feeling is that we'll be hearing another rendition of Arsene Wenger, we want you to stay at Stamford Bridge next year.

And anybody thinking that our run of fixtures represents a chance for the board to slip in a new contract after some good results think again. We are likely to slip three points further back on probably all teams above us after the City game and I can't see how anybody who has watched is over the last two months or so (especially away from home) can be assured that we will get results at Palace and Boro.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I have been expecting something like this.

I hoped and hoped (yes it is the hope that kills) that he might, just might step away.

The club or should I say the business masquerading as a football club have timed this to perfection, because that's what businesses - ie Profit Making Companies do - They wait for the most opportune moment to put what might be perceived by some (Us Gooners in this case) as bad news.

There is a whole 2 weeks for the 'leaked rumour' to filter through and settle in the minds and hearts of the fans, and in the media's circles of journo's and pundits.

That general acceptance of the 'rumour' will over the next 3 weeks or so become a fete accompli - and then it will be announced officially.

For wenger to do this proves beyond all doubt that he truly does not have the best interests of Arsenal FC ( The Football team & Club and it's fans) at heart. He is an ego maniac who has lost touch with reality and with all sense of football as an ever evolving and continually changing game/sport.

He was a cun.t in my eyes, mind and heart before, now, he is a Traitor and deserves No Respect and No Quarter to be given in any future dialogues, discussions or protests.

Like many on here I cannot say/print what I would really like to say.

But as a good Italian friend says of her ex - "The **** Is Dead To Me"

The day it is made official - I'm done. And THAT Dear Gooners breaks my fuckin' heart.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Into the Abyss we go... :roll:
We have an individual who decides when and how he goes!
We have an owner who does not know his arse from his elbow!
Ivan is just a puppet who has no power but in name only!
Dan?what the fuck does he do all day?
Sir Keswick Chips, with a name like that is he the jester of the club?

Our club is the laughing stock of the PL!

Why are we waiting for an announcement?
Is he in charge of the club, said it years ago that he was getting too much control, he is the mother of all control freaks!
No football club will ever approach this narcissus.
His narcissism clouds his vision, he really thinks he is a great coach and manager it goes beyond delusion.
As for Kroenke the Klown he should go to....

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

the minute he signs that contract then that is war officially declared.

total anarchy, ramp up the protests, give the club as much abuse as possible, make life hell for the regular match going supporter.
realistic? I am not sure, part of me feels the main reason we are in this mess in the first place is the passive fanbase anyway.

that show of support in the Emirates last season was appalling, personally I have had a massive disconnect from the match going fan from that day on, and as such have only ventured into the stadium twice this season.

if the fans don't fight this time though then we all might as well accept that the club is going to be facing years and years of mid table mediocrity.