THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Kvltman

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by Kvltman »

I cannot think of anyone else who would use ‘stats’ like that and not be taken apart in the media.

Makes you wonder what the excuse will be on Saturday should Gof forbid we lose. “Well the expected internationals injury was 0.1 to us and 0.0 to them so they were at a clear unfair advantage but despite this deficit we showed tremendous spirit and mental strength!”

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

the "City are not unstoppable" stuff was reported in the Manchester Evening News.

here are a selection of the comments. Interesting stuff actually. It is not the usual "Wenger we want you to stay" bollocks that oposition fans generally come out with. It is good to see that they hate him as much as us. Perhaps embarrassingly they actually have sympathy for us.. :oops:

"aww still feeling b1tter, go play on the motorway you pathet1c m0r0n."
"awww never mind diddums. Now do one tw@t!"
"I stopped taking Wenger's comments seriously years ago. If Sterling had made disparaging remarks about Wenger you can bet he would have had the book thrown at him. Wenger being Wenger gets away with it"
"I suppose I shouldn't really care, but I am genuinely beginning to feel sorry for all those genuine Arsenal fans who are stuck with this myopic, senile old fool whose football brain is still stuck somewhere around 1998"
"I hate this very bitter man with a passion. He embodies everything bad about the status quo"
"Two faced creep. We all know exactly what you meant Wenger so stop trying to squeal out of it"
"Whinger is not big enough to apologise. He's destroying Arsenal & is prepared to blame everyone else for it"
"1 more season and the transition will be complete, his face will literally be a slapped arse"
"Isn't about tine that the supposed intelligent Frenchman stopped talking like Yoda?
Isn't he capable of learning to speak English given the amount of time the odious creep has been in England?"
"Stupid old fart needs euthanizing...."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:22 am
the "City are not unstoppable" stuff was reported in the Manchester Evening News.

here are a selection of the comments. Interesting stuff actually. It is not the usual "Wenger we want you to stay" bollocks that oposition fans generally come out with. It is good to see that they hate him as much as us. Perhaps embarrassingly they actually have sympathy for us.. :oops:

"I stopped taking Wenger's comments seriously years ago. If Sterling had made disparaging remarks about Wenger you can bet he would have had the book thrown at him. Wenger being Wenger gets away with it"
"I suppose I shouldn't really care, but I am genuinely beginning to feel sorry for all those genuine Arsenal fans who are stuck with this myopic, senile old fool whose football brain is still stuck somewhere around 1998"
"I hate this very bitter man with a passion. He embodies everything bad about the status quo"
"Two faced creep. We all know exactly what you meant Wenger so stop trying to squeal out of it"
"Whinger is not big enough to apologise. He's destroying Arsenal & is prepared to blame everyone else for it"
"1 more season and the transition will be complete, his face will literally be a slapped arse"
"Isn't about tine that the supposed intelligent Frenchman stopped talking like Yoda?
Isn't he capable of learning to speak English given the amount of time the odious creep has been in England?"

You just have to agree 1000000000000000% with the last comment :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:22 am

Not one amusing or clever comment in there. :yawn: :roll: Apart from a couple of decent quotes they could have lifted off here :wink: it is mostly the rants of entitled childish cúnts at a new money club. These cúnts have been second fiddle to manure for so long they have a permanent matching set of chips on both shoulders. The ones that are genuine that is.... My best mate is a citeh fan since birth (his mom is from Moss Side and he was born in mancland) and he hates a lot of their "new" JCL-style cúnt fans that jumped on board in 2012. And there are fucking thousands of them apparently. :roll: :censored:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

If Wenger didn't constantly feel the need to stick his nose into every clubs business, he would be mostly ignored, as he has become completely irrelevant. It's his continued meddling and commentating on things that really have nothing to do with him that pisses people off.

If he was pulling up trees, throughout Europe and in the PL it would be a different story. Instead he is the embarrassing drunk mouthing off in the bar who everyone wishes would just STFU.

He has become an absolute embarrassment...God knows what is still going to happen before he finally gets dragged out.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Expected goals is possibly the most meaningless shite I’ve ever heard in football. I’m not really even sure how it works … if Danny Welbeck is through on goal with just the keeper to beat … is that an expected goal? (expected hamstring more like! :roll: )

To be honest I’m still getting over this other crap Wenger said about being born for competition. If you’re born for competition you don’t fuck off to Japan in your mid 40s. Or if winning is the most important thing as it surely is for born competitors then you do not drop your most in form player (Arshavin) for a cup semi final because of another agendas. And you don't play your reserve goalkeepers in cup finals because it’s a nice gesture!

Call me controversial but I’m starting to wonder if Arsene tells a few porkies. :?

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Reported today as below.....

The 68-year-old has now admitted that he wants to stay in football for the rest of his life and hinted that he could move into a director role at the Emirates Stadium.

“Until the end of my life I will be involved in football,” he told beIN Sports.

“I don’t know in what kind, as a director, as a manager. As long as possible as a manager but one day that will stop, but I will stay in football of course.”

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Redarmy wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:05 pm

The 68-year-old has now admitted that he wants to stay in football for the rest of his life and hinted that he could move into a director role at the Emirates Stadium.

“I don’t know in what kind, as a director, as a manager. As long as possible as a manager but one day that will stop, but I will stay in football of course.”
as long as the Kroenke family own Arsenal then Wenger will be there in some capacity - that much is obvious

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:24 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:05 pm

as long as the Kroenke family own Arsenal then Wenger will be there in some capacity - that much is obvious
This is 100% true. Unfortunately. :(

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

flash gunner wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:28 pm
It is possible

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-41997982
Dunno mate, we'd better consult the great oracle - sorry I mean orifice Wenger he knows everything.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:28 pm
It is possible

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-41997982
Mugabe was a fucking amateur, mate. Kim Jong-Wenger is the real deal. :(

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

more from the great man...

“I have a two-year contract and will always try to (reach) the end of it.

“But I always have the honesty to sit down with the board and to see where we go from there.”

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Redarmy wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:40 pm

“But I always have the honesty to sit down with the board and to see where we go from there.”
#looookcatalystforchange :lol: :roll:

General

Post by General »

Redarmy wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:40 pm

What an utter cuunt.

He has 10m reasons to continue thanks to our rudderless board.