THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by rodders999 »

You really think the club will allow him walk for free next summer? No chance.

There are two options for him between now and the window closing - he signs an extension or he goes, simple as that.

Herd

Post by Herd »

We have run ourselves into a corner again , all the other bidders are out and he has 1 more year left on his contract so it's now or never .
City just need to play the waiting game Arsenal will be forced to sell at whatever rate we can get for it !

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Midz wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:03 pm
The only people who are saying Sanchez has asked to leave are the crappy click-bait media who wouldn't know a fish if it jumped outta the water and bit them in the ass!

It's doubtful Sanchez has even had the chance to speak to Wenger.
You don't need to be 30 yrs in football to see that Sanchez would make an essential part of the new squad. He ain't going anywhere next season.
So what....everyone knows that,but Sanchez might not want to be an "essential part" of the new squad.

In fact without Sanchez, that "new squad" looks very much like the old crappy squad.

Just without Sanchez!!

NickF

Post by NickF »

Midz wrote:

You don't need to be 30 yrs in football to see that Sanchez would make an essential part of the new squad. He ain't going anywhere next season.
Agreed it is unlikely Sanchez has spoken to Wenger yet. Whilst it would be great to have him playing for us next year, you cannot ignore the fact that if he doesn't sign a new contract we would get nothing for him. We all know how much this club loves money.

Scandalous really that it has got to this but blame Wenger for causing uncertainty with his own contract.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Do you know what.

I have ignored this thread in the hope that if myself and everyone else on here Ignore it and so post no posts it will drop so far down the pecking order of threads on the forum we will never have to see it again. EVER!

What do I find, anti-wengerites actually posting on THE WENGER THREAD without slagging the cuntslp off...I mean WTF!. :?

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:46 pm
Do you know what.

I have ignored this thread in the hope that if myself and everyone else on here Ignore it and so post no posts it will drop so far down the pecking order of threads on the forum we will never have to see it again. EVER!

What do I find, anti-wengerites actually posting on THE WENGER THREAD without slagging the cuntslp off...I mean WTF!. :?
Still think hes a *word censored*..still 100% against :)

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

NickF wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:42 pm
Midz wrote:

Agreed it is unlikely Sanchez has spoken to Wenger yet. Whilst it would be great to have him playing for us next year, you cannot ignore the fact that if he doesn't sign a new contract we would get nothing for him. We all know how much this club loves money.

Scandalous really that it has got to this but blame Wenger for causing uncertainty with his own contract.
My own view is that the club have known for some time that Sanchez has wanted to leave and will not sign a new contract.

The delay to Wenger signing his extension was used as a smokescreen by the club to deflect away from fans getting agitated by the non signing from Sanchez.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

"The Boss" as he now likes to be known as per Arsene.Com, will decide, you just support, he will manage, you ungrateful Caaaants!....

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

:box:

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

4/2/3/1 was always a terrible formation. When you add the confusion of zonal marking we were always going to be beaten. I hated it and we played it for years. When you watch the defeats to WBA and Crystal Palace no player believed in it anymore. We were easy to beat.
New formation strengthens at the back and improves the defenders we have. Lacazette will score goals. Ozil will stay and Sanchez will not be sold to city.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:05 am
4/2/3/1 was always a terrible formation. When you add the confusion of zonal marking we were always going to be beaten. I hated it and we played it for years. When you watch the defeats to WBA and Crystal Palace no player believed in it anymore. We were easy to beat.
New formation strengthens at the back and improves the defenders we have. Lacazette will score goals. Ozil will stay and Sanchez will not be sold to city.
Well that's a relief...right folks nothing to see here anymore, its all been sorted, time to move on.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

At the press conference in Australia the boss was in bullish mood.......

He's not necessarily done with the cheque book yet but he said "It's not easy finding players to strengthen our squad as we have such top quality players"

The unchallenged crap that comes out of his mouth. My next question would have been...if they are such top qualitee then how come you never challenge for the title let alone win it.

Sounds to me like that cheque book has gone back in the drawer folks.

And BTW he was praised for the 2 "significant" signings he has made this summer. Why, what manager gets praised for trying to strengthen his squad?? Or is it because he is such a notorious fucking skinflint that when he actually does spend some of somebody else's money he has to get praised for it??? PRICK!!

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

xisstential wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:03 am
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40566112

According to Wenger Sanchez hasn't told him he wants to leave. "Sanchez has a contract,we expect him to honour it" One of the most amoral managers in the PL has now taken a sanctimonious,high ground stance. Probably referring to his "I always see out my contract" bollocks. Yea but NOBODY wants you to, you fucking fraud.

So apparently Sanchez has spoken to EVERYBODY except Wenger.Are we really expected to believe that....with all the stories flying about why would Wenger not go ask him??? The man is fucking shameless.

Why don't the journos ask him the obvious follow up questions to put him on the spot and keep him there.

E.g. Ok Arsene, Sanchez hasn't told you he wants to leave, but he hasn't signed an extension, so he's obviously not too happy about being here and by definition, he's certainly telling you that he doesn't want to stay.

Why do you think he's refusing to sign an extension ?

In the absence of an extension being signed and your expectation that all players honour their contract, then you are clearly happy for him to walk away in 12 months time for free.....correct?

Why does the Club allow this final year of contract situation, to arise again and again ? Don't you think that it removes all power from the Club ?

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

It's all true by the way. Be defeatist if you want but our defence is tons better with 3 at the back and Sanchez will not be sold to City. Wenger does not need to concentrate on money he has to improve the team or face another season of boos and fans going nuts. If I'm wrong then it's another shite season so I'm hoping I'm right

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:57 am
It's all true by the way. Be defeatist if you want but our defence is tons better with 3 at the back and Sanchez will not be sold to City. Wenger does not need to concentrate on money he has to improve the team or face another season of boos and fans going nuts. If I'm wrong then it's another shite season so I'm hoping I'm right
He has shown time and again that he doesn't give a shit what the fans think,if he did he would have left already. Also 300 fans "going nuts" is not going to affect him. He always has,and always will,do exactly as he pleases. He has unlimited power at one of the biggest clubs in the world...a few disgruntled fans, with the support base he has, is neither here nor there.

He can afford to "expirement" this season...and the next...and....