THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
sk-gtfo

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by sk-gtfo »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:17 pm
"In Order For Evil To Prevail All That Has To Happen Is For Gooners To Stand By And Do Nothing" :cry: :oops: :cry:
Then do something - stop financing the corrupt regime. :roll:

I do get the protestors POV though - if you are still having to go to games then at least show the club you are not happy, too many that do go just sit there quietly, I still think it is more effective to just stop going though.

Tourists will not fill the stadium, maybe they will if we are fighting near the top, playing CL games again decent opponents etc. but when we're in midtable and playing 3rd rate Bulgarian teams if we are even in Europe?, and with no 'star players', yeah good luck with that.. they will have to start giving tickets away Wham style soon.

silus

Post by silus »

Tbf the "holier than tho" has come from both sides of the debate. I've lost count of the times that people who still go, have been refered to as "mugs" on here. As i've said before, i respect peoples decision not to go...but i don't expect to be criticised because i still do.

I just want us all to be friends again :cry:

I also think that this is his last season...but I have been wrong on this before...a lot!!!

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

silus wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:15 pm
Tbf the "holier than tho" has come from both sides of the debate. I've lost count of the times that people who still go, have been refered to as "mugs" on here. As i've said before, i respect peoples decision not to go...but i don't expect to be criticised because i still do.

I also think that this is his last season...but I have been wrong on this before...a lot!!!
The problem is the largest majority are in the middle ground, they still go but sit quietly and this plays into exactly what the regime wants, passive compliance and acceptance of whatever is served up to the "customer". The good thing though is I think a lot of this type of fan will lose interest quite easily without any star players or at least a perception that we are trying to win the biggest trophies, a lot of them by definition of their silence are likely to be AKB's right?, so maybe once their messiah departs they will do so as well..

:twisted:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:31 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:17 pm
"In Order For Evil To Prevail All That Has To Happen Is For Gooners To Stand By And Do Nothing" :cry: :oops: :cry:
Then do something - stop financing the corrupt regime. :roll:

I do get the protestors POV though - if you are still having to go to games then at least show the club you are not happy, too many that do go just sit there quietly, I still think it is more effective to just stop going though.

Tourists will not fill the stadium, maybe they will if we are fighting near the top, playing CL games again decent opponents etc. but when we're in midtable and playing 3rd rate Bulgarian teams if we are even in Europe?, and with no 'star players', yeah good luck with that.. they will have to start giving tickets away Wham style soon.
Not sure if you know 'This' but I have not been to a game in 2 seasons (nor have I bought any merchandise etc) initially as I did not want to put any more money into the Regime's pockets...then the football got so bad it simply affirmed that initial decision...

So if you are saying to 'Me' in response to what I have said

"Then do something - stop financing the corrupt regime"

Then you are bang out of order...as I also attended a protest - which then proved not affordable travelling form distance...so again if you are saying

"Then do something - stop financing the corrupt regime" to 'me' then - you are out of order.

If however you are saying that as an expression tp one and all...you may want to re-think how you are writing something.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

silus wrote:

Agreed 100% - except for the bit about his last season, so let's call it 97% and stay friends! :lol: :wink:

I won't and don't criticise those that still go because that is their choice and also because in my heart of hearts I think it would take 20,000 or some other huge number staying away for an entire season (or two!) for it to make any difference and that will never happen. So basically I don't believe a protest or a boycott will remove Wenger so I just do what is right for me and my concience; boycott.

The name calling, smugness, personal insults etc etc have to stop on here. We have let a corrupt regime, a parasitic cúnt of an owner, and a past-it egomaniac manager divide us and instill anger, hatred, resignation and hopelessness in our fanbase. :|

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:57 pm
silus wrote:

Agreed 100% - except for the bit about his last season, so let's call it 97% and stay friends! :lol: :wink:

I won't and don't criticise those that still go because that is their choice and also because in my heart of hearts I think it would take 20,000 or some other huge number staying away for an entire season (or two!) for it to make any difference and that will never happen. So basically I don't believe a protest or a boycott will remove Wenger so I just do what is right for me and my concience; boycott.

The name calling, smugness, personal insults etc etc have to stop on here. We have let a corrupt regime, a parasitic cúnt of an owner, and a past-it egomaniac manager divide us and instill anger, hatred, resignation and hopelessness in our fanbase. :|
And I thought Robert Mugabe was bad! :shock: :D :-P

Midz

Post by Midz »

Dear Mr Wenger

You're a tiny-brained wiper of other people's bottoms. Please just fuck off.

Big ups the N5 possy!

Yes bruv.

:barscarf:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

If there’s one thing synonymous with Wonga and his time here it’s his continual referral to wanting ‘continuity’ and believing it to be pretty much the most important thing. In fact, if you said to Wonga, “You have this squad for the next 10 years, no comings or goings” he would bite your arm off, regardless of how poor some players were because he would believe that in time, he could make them winners! That’s why at the moment, it’s getting very interesting. I find it hard to believe Wonga is happy to see Cockovan and Wally go, I just don’t believe it, not with Sanchez AND possibly Ozil and Jack off, maybe even Giroud! It goes against everything he wants, so are there higher powers at work? Is he being overruled? I am more confident that he may be off at the end of the season than ever and the ‘club’ are starting to clear the dead wood!? Maybe I’m clutching at straws but I am 100% sure Wonga won’t want 4 or 5 players leaving between now and the end of the season.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

TeeCee wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:20 pm
If there’s one thing synonymous with Wonga and his time here it’s his continual referral to wanting ‘continuity’ and believing it to be pretty much the most important thing. In fact, if you said to Wonga, “You have this squad for the next 10 years, no comings or goings” he would bite your arm off, regardless of how poor some players were because he would believe that in time, he could make them winners! That’s why at the moment, it’s getting very interesting. I find it hard to believe Wonga is happy to see Cockovan and Wally go, I just don’t believe it, not with Sanchez AND possibly Ozil and Jack off, maybe even Giroud! It goes against everything he wants, so are there higher powers at work? Is he being overruled? I am more confident that he may be off at the end of the season than ever and the ‘club’ are starting to clear the dead wood!? Maybe I’m clutching at straws but I am 100% sure Wonga won’t want 4 or 5 players leaving between now and the end of the season.

I think you are bang on the money there. With him, it's always been about proving that he's right and everyone else is wrong. All he wants to do is sit back smugly and tell everyone that he knee best all along. He's cunted about for so long on ego trips and various vanity projects that have led nowhere that he's set the club back 20 years. All he's done over the last 15 years is pursue his own selfish aims at the expense of everyone and everything else. I think it's finally started to dawn on him over the last few months that he's become a complete failure and that the deluded fool has realised that these shit players he thought would prove him right all along are in actual fact nowhere good enough and he's responsible for it all. We are fucking miles away being anywhere near competitive and he's got nowhere left to hide now. I hope he his fucking haunted by failure for years to come. He could have been humble, he could have put the club first. He chose not to.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Remember last year when the window lickers were saying that it was imperative SFB signed a new deal with the club because Sanchez and Ozil would not sign contract extensions unless Wanka did too?

"Their future's are tied to the manager's" was the horse shit story the rats at the club fed to the press.

How's all that coming along then?

:roll:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:02 pm
Remember last year when the window lickers were saying that it was imperative SFB signed a new deal with the club because Sanchez and Ozil would not sign contract extensions unless Wanka did too?

"Their future's are tied to the manager's" was the horse shit story the rats at the club fed to the press.

Indeed, apparently they only signed thanks to Wenker, now they are leaving thanks to Wenker’s incompetence.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

StuartL wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:02 pm

Indeed, apparently they only signed thanks to Wenker, now they are leaving thanks to Wenker’s incompetence.

Anyone with half a brain could see that the opposite would occur. If Wanker signed a new deal they were off.

ten20

Post by ten20 »

If Ozil and Wilshere can be secured then Wenger hopes that “the rebuild will be less deep”, and it will not be so hard to launch the club’s 2018-19 Premier League challenge, a job that Wenger is already relishing.

Next season will be the second of the two-year deal Wenger signed last summer and the questions are already mounting about whether he wants to see it through. But at his Friday morning press conference he insisted – Arsenal fans have heard this one before – that he has never walked out of a contract, and is not going to start now.

“I am always committed, I am here for 21 years,” Wenger said. Asked whether he would be considering stepping down at the end of the season, Wenger said that he would not be going anywhere. “My contract clarifies that”, he said, pointing to the fact it lasts for next season too.

“Did I ever walk away? Never.” Would he change the habit of a lifetime in the summer of 2018? “Why should I change?”
This kunnt is only leaving in a coffin :banghead:

markyp

Post by markyp »

ten20 wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:45 pm
If Ozil and Wilshere can be secured then Wenger hopes that “the rebuild will be less deep”, and it will not be so hard to launch the club’s 2018-19 Premier League challenge, a job that Wenger is already relishing.

Next season will be the second of the two-year deal Wenger signed last summer and the questions are already mounting about whether he wants to see it through. But at his Friday morning press conference he insisted – Arsenal fans have heard this one before – that he has never walked out of a contract, and is not going to start now.

“I am always committed, I am here for 21 years,” Wenger said. Asked whether he would be considering stepping down at the end of the season, Wenger said that he would not be going anywhere. “My contract clarifies that”, he said, pointing to the fact it lasts for next season too.

“Did I ever walk away? Never.” Would he change the habit of a lifetime in the summer of 2018? “Why should I change?”
This kunnt is only leaving in a coffin :banghead:
the thing is he might say ' I always honour my contract' but there is no honour at all in just staying when you are clearly doing a fucking awful job and having everything slowly crumbling around you,how the fuck is that 'honour? he surely to god cant be so deluded that he thinks the club and the fans actually want him to stay,can he??? that's not honour,thats just taking the piss!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Wenger changes the rules to suit his own personal needs - the needs of the club are secondary to all he wants and does - hence the terms narcissistic , deluded, liar, dis-honourable and megalomaniac are all genuinely applicable to him.

I have lost count as I am sure we all have of how many times he has totally contradicted what he said and claimed - often within a few days and yet no one in a position to call him on it are doing so.

I definitely remember him stating that Alexis would not be sold, that then was 'amended' to he will not be sold another Prem Team, and now look at the utter fiasco.

5 seasons after the Van Persie debacle and we are back in the same boat of selling our best player to manure or man $hitty...admittedly for different reasons, but none the less we are doing so all because of one person and one person only arsene cunting wenger, who continues to take our club on its downward spiral in every way imaginable whilst being paid the princely sum of £10.3 million a year (+ bonuses).

It and he are "Unforgivable".