THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Clash

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by Clash »

Babu wrote:
xisstential wrote:
falkirk goon wrote:
Eboue-Why? wrote:Has he gone yet?
Unfortunately not :( any slim chance got even slimmer on Sunday :(
Is there any other club in the world where one win, not a final, not a trophy, just one scrappy win, can just erase more than a dozen, shocking, embarrassing, head in the hands humiliations?? Only at AFC :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
It's a "win" that got the Club to a Wembley Final.

That was one of the most amazing things to happen to "my" Club when I was young.
The fact that I got it three years in a row was too much to believe!
And even in those halcyon times we got fucking humiliated in two of them!

But which one do we remember?
Of course!
I remember those 3 finals (the Ipswich one very faintly) but what I remember more is the talk before that infamous semi in 1991 about how it was about time we got to another FA Cup final as it had been so long since we made it. And of course it was to be another 2 years before we did.

So perspective wise ... on one hand, its a shame not to be able to enjoy 3 finals in 4 years ... on the other hand those 13 long years without an FA cup final appearance is the same amount of time we've now had without a title challenge ... and all under the same manager. It is a mammoth amount of time to endure that prick and his mis-manaement.

Babu

Post by Babu »

Clash wrote:
So perspective wise ... on one hand, its a shame not to be able to enjoy 3 finals in 4 years ... on the other hand those 13 long years without an FA cup final appearance is the same amount of time we've now had without a title challenge ... and all under the same manager. It is a mammoth amount of time to endure that prick and his mis-management.
And that's the problem, isn't it. Although of course we have had "title challenges", the problem with them is they all fizzled out almost the same way, and that's down to Wenger. Fact that we were there in the first place is also down to him. And last year? Fuck knows what happened there, really.

The alternatives?
Well, here is another problem.

Klopp? He was THE MAN a few years ago. I think he's a twat, personally, and Liverpool aren't challenging, are they?
Pep? Well, he was THE MAN last year, and I think we dodged a bullet with him. Proper bottler.

And Ranieri? Well, we wouldn't have wanted him...and look what he did.

The truth is if I had Wenger in my sights I would shoot him.

But sadly when I look at The Arsenal from a distance - haven't been in England since 1991 - I actually hate pretty much everything they stand for now, and stood for before. The Army, the Royals, guns, moving round London, the corruption, the Masons, the Church, the Bank of England Club, the old school tie, the 'Us and Them' mentality in the whole Club, the Board treating the whole Club as a private Club for decades, then when the possibility of making money came up they sold the most iconic thing about The Arsenal...Highbury...and bought a mass-produced stadium exactly like the Benfica one. Then to top it all off, they sold the whole thing, Lock, Stock and Barrel, to exactly the guy they said they didn't want in the Club.

The "Arsenal Way" ?

Quite honestly the arsenal way sucks balls.

I was fairly lucky. I had '72 - '91, and my age from 7 til 26...a wonderful time to be alive with my Arsenal.

Could have been luckier. Missed out on '70 and '71, and of course on the thirties, but I'll take it.

The Arsenal and the Premier League are not what I think of as football.
It is a Circus with huge profits, and we've all got bread already.

It has nothing to do with a game of football really.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Babu wrote:
xisstential wrote:
falkirk goon wrote:
Eboue-Why? wrote:Has he gone yet?
Unfortunately not :( any slim chance got even slimmer on Sunday :(
Is there any other club in the world where one win, not a final, not a trophy, just one scrappy win, can just erase more than a dozen, shocking, embarrassing, head in the hands humiliations?? Only at AFC :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
It's a "win" that got the Club to a Wembley Final.

That was one of the most amazing things to happen to "my" Club when I was young.
The fact that I got it three years in a row was too much to believe!
And even in those halcyon times we got fucking humiliated in two of them!

But which one do we remember?
Of course!

phpBB [video]
I remember my old man getting me after this game from my Aunt's just off Southgate Road Islington,he was absolutely fucked,pissed out of his head,I was 7 so he would have been 29 I guess,the walk back to Kingsland Road from there took ages,he couldnt even walk straight,literally 3 steps forward 2 steps backwards,the people out side the pubs on the way home all singing and dancing,it was hot as FA Cup final day always seemed to be when I was a kid,Islington into Hackney was just red and white or yellow and blue,

Clash

Post by Clash »

Babu wrote:
Clash wrote:
So perspective wise ... on one hand, its a shame not to be able to enjoy 3 finals in 4 years ... on the other hand those 13 long years without an FA cup final appearance is the same amount of time we've now had without a title challenge ... and all under the same manager. It is a mammoth amount of time to endure that prick and his mis-management.
And that's the problem, isn't it. Although of course we have had "title challenges", the problem with them is they all fizzled out almost the same way, and that's down to Wenger. Fact that we were there in the first place is also down to him. And last year? Fuck knows what happened there, really.

The alternatives?
Well, here is another problem.

Klopp? He was THE MAN a few years ago. I think he's a twat, personally, and Liverpool aren't challenging, are they?
Pep? Well, he was THE MAN last year, and I think we dodged a bullet with him. Proper bottler.

And Ranieri? Well, we wouldn't have wanted him...and look what he did.

The truth is if I had Wenger in my sights I would shoot him.

But sadly when I look at The Arsenal from a distance - haven't been in England since 1991 - I actually hate pretty much everything they stand for now, and stood for before. The Army, the Royals, guns, moving round London, the corruption, the Masons, the Church, the Bank of England Club, the old school tie, the 'Us and Them' mentality in the whole Club, the Board treating the whole Club as a private Club for decades, then when the possibility of making money came up they sold the most iconic thing about The Arsenal...Highbury...and bought a mass-produced stadium exactly like the Benfica one. Then to top it all off, they sold the whole thing, Lock, Stock and Barrel, to exactly the guy they said they didn't want in the Club.

The "Arsenal Way" ?

Quite honestly the arsenal way sucks balls.

I was fairly lucky. I had '72 - '91, and my age from 7 til 26...a wonderful time to be alive with my Arsenal.

Could have been luckier. Missed out on '70 and '71, and of course on the thirties, but I'll take it.

The Arsenal and the Premier League are not what I think of as football.
It is a Circus with huge profits, and we've all got bread already.

It has nothing to do with a game of football really.
Very interesting post Babu.

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

Great post Babu I agree with everything you said. I think much of our problems are to do with Chelsea. Before Abramovich they were a top side but way way behind us.
He was the first one to pump in so much cash (yes Blackburn did the same in 95 but it only lasted 2 seasons).
Suddenly they were Champions and winning everything. Thanks to the genius of Ferguson he managed to maintain a winning team to challenge them. We never mounted a challenge after 2004. We were supposed to be the top team in London and challenge for the Champions League.
We lost 10v2 to Bayern and 2 wins stop people from talking about that. I don't want to be in the Champions League it's embarrassing to be stuffed like that.
Sky killed the game because they paid well over the odds for the rights. 11 Million a game you are having a laugh.
Wenger will never turn Arsenal around, thank god for DVDs of our past success

Sean

Post by Sean »

As others have said, it really is fucking scandalous how that useless old cúnt is still able to sign another contract in the face of another shite season. It is sickening how he and even the press, treat it as a joke and an open secret that he will have the brass neck to wait until the last minute to sign yet another undeserved renewal and that he won't say a word on it until then. Bastards.

Just 35 days to go; during which he will 'earn' just over £798K - and this utterly shameless charlatan wanker will re-new :banghead: :censored: :cussing:

augie

Post by augie »

Personally I love this pearler from his recent press conference ..........

"Wenger is yet to announce if he will sign a new deal to keep him at the club, but has acknowledged this season has been tough.
The pressure has been very intense," he said. "Pressure comes from the team not delivering"

Not a hint of accepting any responsibility from the c.unt. Winning and setting records is all about him, but losing and it is all the players fault :roll: :evil:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

augie wrote:Personally I love this pearler from his recent press conference ..........

"Wenger is yet to announce if he will sign a new deal to keep him at the club, but has acknowledged this season has been tough.
The pressure has been very intense," he said. "Pressure comes from the team not delivering"

Not a hint of accepting any responsibility from the c.unt. Winning and setting records is all about him, but losing and it is all the players fault :roll: :evil:
Delivering what exactly...CL football, that's what. As Mourinho said, Wegner is judged by different standards to other managers.

What intensive pressure has Wenger really been under anyway?? If the WENGER OUT campaign hadn't started he would be sailing serenely on..there is certainly no pressure from the media or our board. The man doesn't know what pressure is.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Dear Mr Wenger,

Apparently your minions come on this forum to see what we Gooners are saying and doing, Gooners; you know those people who were here Long, Before You Arrived and Will Be Here Supporting The Arsenal, our club Long After You Have Fucked Off, talking of which Please FUCKOFF YOU USELESSCUNTSLOP.

Thank You Kindly.

One Bard Gooner.

NickF

Post by NickF »

Few papers are reporting that Allegri has signed a new deal with Juventus.
Looks like we are going to stuck with Wenger by default.

How many good managers have we let go elsewhere because of our dithering? :banghead:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

2 points better off at this stage than last season

Arsene Knows :wink: :oops: :banghead:

augie

Post by augie »

NickF wrote:Few papers are reporting that Allegri has signed a new deal with Juventus.

How many good managers have we let go elsewhere because of our dithering? :banghead:

I read that earlier and, if true, it will be a real dagger to my heart - we were linked with him for so long (no other manager has ever been linked with us for that long), and that allied to his public spat with bonucci, gave me real hope that he would be joining us this summer :wailer:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
NickF wrote:Few papers are reporting that Allegri has signed a new deal with Juventus.

I read that earlier and, if true, it will be a real dagger to my heart - we were linked with him for so long (no other manager has ever been linked with us for that long), and that allied to his public spat with bonucci, gave me real hope that he would be joining us this summer :wailer:
I'm sorry augie but you are off in fantasy land there, buddy. Who linked him with us? The poxy lying media? There was never any hope of him joining us because the poxy fucking manager's job was never going to be vacant this summer. FFS man don't do it to yourself. You'll end up suicidal. :(

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:

I'm sorry augie but you are off in fantasy land there, buddy. Who linked him with us? The poxy lying media? There was never any hope of him joining us because the poxy fucking manager's job was never going to be vacant this summer. FFS man don't do it to yourself. You'll end up suicidal. :(

That's the same poxy lying media that keep reporting that le wan.ker is signing a new two year contract

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:

That's the same poxy lying media that keep reporting that le wan.ker is signing a new two year contract
When they are not reporting that he's leaving. :lol: They are all bastards. :censored: