THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Non flying Dutchman

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by Non flying Dutchman »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:05 am
Putting aside all evidence that Wenger is fucking clueless just look at the handling of Sanchez and Ozil

What happened to Wenger theory that they will give more effort till the last day of contract????

what fucking planet this guy on?

Sanchez will move in December for around £20 million PSG or Man City, so we keep an unhappy player, don't play him then loose £30 Million

as for Ozil can't see him getting the wages he gets at Arsenal anywhere else, only team showed an interest was Besiktas and they won't pay that money.....
It's LOSE, you illiterate fuck, not LOOSE,

Everyone of your posts gets it wrong :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

General

Post by General »

Non flying Dutchman wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:03 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Putting aside all evidence that Wenger is fucking clueless just look at the handling of Sanchez and Ozil

What happened to Wenger theory that they will give more effort till the last day of contract????

Sanchez will move in December for around £20 million PSG or Man City, so we keep an unhappy player, don't play him then loose £30 Million

as for Ozil can't see him getting the wages he gets at Arsenal anywhere else, only team showed an interest was Besiktas and they won't pay that money.....

Everyone of your posts gets it wrong :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
I hate to be pedantic but it is ' every one or every single one' not 'everyone' :wink:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Redarmy wrote:

Not too bothered with the spelling assume you get the general drift

By the way FUCK OFF YOU WANKER...

Non flying Dutchman

Post by Non flying Dutchman »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:40 am
Redarmy wrote:

At least you got that right.... :D

Herd

Post by Herd »

[/quote]

I don't know how some fans can reconcile their wish to see the back of Wenger with their insistence on going to matches. At this juncture, if you're serious about wanting to see change, you stop funding the club period.
[/quote]

That old chesnut simply doesn't wash for reasons we've been over ,over and over and over again ,sorry your on your period though !

Im up for doorstepping wenger !

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Herd wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:22 am
I don't know how some fans can reconcile their wish to see the back of Wenger with their insistence on going to matches. At this juncture, if you're serious about wanting to see change, you stop funding the club period.
[/quote]

That old chesnut simply doesn't wash for reasons we've been over ,over and over and over again ,sorry your on your period though !

[/quote]

Herd, we have, I agree. But I do understand that sentiment, if fans truly do despise Kroenke & Wenger so much why would they give their money to continue to support them?? Sure people will always be there to replace the genuine fans who are voting with their feet but at least they have the satisfaction of not spending their own money. I haven't been since 2006...granted I was in the US for almost 4 years but I had no inclination to support them when I returned.

This mess with Wenger has been going on for so long it has blurred into what seems like a few years but in reality is well over a decade. And getting worse & worse & worse.....................

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:17 am
Redarmy wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

you have a serious issue fella if a spelling mistake makes you mad...suggest you get some help before you get back to your day job at the local burger joint :D

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:17 am
Redarmy wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

You made a grammar mistake too.

Everyone refers to people.

Hate c**** like you.
Last edited by IW8Goalmachine on Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

General

Post by General »

Herd wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:22 am
[/quote]

[/quote]

Too bloody late mate. Good luck closing the cart door after the horse has bolted. If people had the same enthusiasm for turning up for marches like they do on social media we'd be shot of this prick.

Hasn't the quoting system gone to shits this Monday morning. Where's the oompalompa when you need him.

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Its not even a debate anymore. Wenger has lost control and cuts a pathetic figure. Any talk of title is dead. I dont get why some people say there are still 30 games to go, as if there is a chance in those 30 games we cut the 9 point deficit, rather than seeing it get to 15, 20, or 25 points.

The Manchester clubs are beyond reach, meaning we have to beat two of Chelsea, Liverpool and Tottenham - very unlikely. Yet some bob along pretending Wenger will turn it around and that it will have a happy ending. I just cannot fathom why some still Wenger is working.

I dream of a new manager as the fresh start it will bring. Even if the next manager doesnt hit the ground running - the unknown of what could happen sends a jolt through me, rather than the boring mundane repetition we get with Wenger.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Wilson wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:10 am
Its not even a debate anymore. Wenger has lost control and cuts a pathetic figure. Any talk of title is dead. I dont get why some people say there are still 30 games to go, as if there is a chance in those 30 games we cut the 9 point deficit, rather than seeing it get to 15, 20, or 25 points.

The Manchester clubs are beyond reach, meaning we have to beat two of Chelsea, Liverpool and Tottenham - very unlikely. Yet some bob along pretending Wenger will turn it around and that it will have a happy ending. I just cannot fathom why some still Wenger is working.

I dream of a new manager as the fresh start it will bring. Even if the next manager doesnt hit the ground running - the unknown of what could happen sends a jolt through me, rather than the boring mundane repetition we get with Wenger.
That's what we have become. The Manc clubs are out of reach so we have to beat 2 of the above three. Nobody even asks...For What???

As a matter of interest I wonder what Wenger thinks when he watches City?? His team on steroids...Actually his team at 5 times the pace with a guaranteed end product.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

General wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:06 pm
BFG4 wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:22 am
It's funny seeing certain fans get angry after yesterday's game, yet these same fans, abandoned all the protests against Wenger, because we were in a cup semi-final. If that's the standard you judge Wenger by, then he is a world class manager, having won the competition so many times, and 3 times in the last 4 years.
I think those going to matches are proving something to Kroenke and co. They are proving that their support of the club is simply dependent on the club's existence. It doesn't matter what shit we are being thrown, they will still go. The fact that there are thousands willing to go, even when we have a bunch of dead rubbers at the end of the season, says it all.

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

Since Kroenke took over we have gone downhill. It was slow at first but now Arsenal have become boring. Tactics Wenger now deploys are boring , poor Lacazette hardly gets any service.
It's only October and we are already out of the title race and how ever we see the rest of the season it's just dull.
We know the direction the club is going and the empty seats prove that we are not the club we were under Fitzmann and Dein.
Wenger just won't leave because he can't see life away from Arsenal and Kroenke won't sack him because he tows the line and the club is making money.
I would add that the club would make a hell of a lot more if we had a title chasing team but hey what do I know.
It's hard to understand how we went from Unbeaten then building a new stadium to secure our future to being a laughing stock across the football world.
Remember all that talk of us competing for the best players ! Yeah that really happened.

Clash

Post by Clash »

BFG4 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:44 am
General wrote:
BFG4 wrote:
It's funny seeing certain fans get angry after yesterday's game, yet these same fans, abandoned all the protests against Wenger, because we were in a cup semi-final. If that's the standard you judge Wenger by, then he is a world class manager, having won the competition so many times, and 3 times in the last 4 years.
I think those going to matches are proving something to Kroenke and co. They are proving that their support of the club is simply dependent on the club's existence. It doesn't matter what shit we are being thrown, they will still go. The fact that there are thousands willing to go, even when we have a bunch of dead rubbers at the end of the season, says it all.
Yeah I agree. A lot of people think its two things we need to deal with but there are actually three major obstacles at this club. Choose your own order but the 3 things are:

1) Wenger
2) Kroenke
3) The fans

No. 3 is not referring to all fans of course but it is a very large number of fans that have proved to be a massive hindrance. Wenger and Kroenke wouldnt have been allowed to get to the positions they're in so easily at any other big club. So as much as we are lumbered with a selfish egomaniac manager and a vile leech of an owner, we're also stuck with a huge number of clueless unreachable supporters who keep the whole thing going.

And I dont think there is a solution because all 3 of these obstacles are sustaining each other.

In truth we're fucked :suicide:

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

Clash wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:34 am
BFG4 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:44 am
General wrote:
BFG4 wrote:
Yeah I agree. A lot of people think its two things we need to deal with but there are actually three major obstacles at this club. Choose your own order but the 3 things are:

1) Wenger
2) Kroenke
3) The fans

No. 3 is not referring to all fans of course but it is a very large number of fans that have proved to be a massive hindrance. Wenger and Kroenke wouldnt have been allowed to get to the positions they're in so easily at any other big club. So as much as we are lumbered with a selfish egomaniac manager and a vile leech of an owner, we're also stuck with a huge number of clueless unreachable supporters who keep the whole thing going.

And I dont think there is a solution because all 3 of these obstacles are sustaining each other.

In truth we're fucked :suicide:

There are more empty seats than ever this season. It does not look good for the club