THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:54 am
Stan Collymore in the Daily Mirror today sums up Wengers 21 years at Arsenal in 5 words:

Innovative
Exceptional
Invincible
Average
Poor

:D

I would probably change exceptional with lucky :rubchin:
Is that "football legend" Stan Collymore? The bloke more famous for beating up Ulrika-ka-ka and getting floored by a Dublin barman and banging random slags in carparks, than for anything he did on the pitch? THAT Stan Collymore? :lol:

Quoting him actually cheapens our argument about Wenger.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:54 am
Stan Collymore in the Daily Mirror today sums up Wengers 21 years at Arsenal in 5 words:

Innovative
Exceptional
Invincible
Average
Poor

:D

I would probably change exceptional with lucky :rubchin:
Also I would substitute Innovative with Borrowed from Other Dutch Coaches...which is what he did with Diets and Training Times & Techniques.

Exceptional with Damn Lucky and Fortunate' (which is when he signed his pact with Beelzeebub)
Invincible - The Team were he wasn't and NEVER will be
Average with - Clinging by his fingernails and teeth to achievements by players who were the real Geniuses (aka: Vieira, Bergkamp & Henry) Innovators and Invincibles

Poor - with Utter shyte and well past his sell by date.

simples

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Redarmy wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:17 pm
From Arseblog....

Stan Kroenke has made a bid to purchase Alisher Usmanov’s shareholding in Arsenal, an offer which is currently under consideration by the Russian business magnate.

Back in May the Financial Times reported that Alisher Usmanov had made a bid to purchase Stan Kroenke’s shareholding in Arsenal.

The billionaire, who currently holds a 30.04% stake, tabled a £1.3bn offer which the American rejected, reaffirming his desire to maintain his own 67% shareholding.

Now, Arseblog News understands that Kroenke has turned the tables, and approached Usmanov two weeks ago with a bid to purchase his shares, a move which would give him more than 97% of the shares in the club.
According to claims for The Guardian, the American businessman wants to increase his shareholding in the club to more than 97 per cent.

Kroenke, who owns 67 per cent of Arsenal at present, wants to purchase the Russian's 30.4% stake in the north London club.

If indeed the American billionaire manages to buy Usmanov's shares, he would then be in a position where he could squeeze out the club's minority shareholders.

This will be a disaster.....

doublewinners1971

Post by doublewinners1971 »

Redarmy wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:56 am
Redarmy wrote:
From Arseblog....

Stan Kroenke has made a bid to purchase Alisher Usmanov’s shareholding in Arsenal, an offer which is currently under consideration by the Russian business magnate.

Back in May the Financial Times reported that Alisher Usmanov had made a bid to purchase Stan Kroenke’s shareholding in Arsenal.

The billionaire, who currently holds a 30.04% stake, tabled a £1.3bn offer which the American rejected, reaffirming his desire to maintain his own 67% shareholding.

Now, Arseblog News understands that Kroenke has turned the tables, and approached Usmanov two weeks ago with a bid to purchase his shares, a move which would give him more than 97% of the shares in the club.
According to claims for The Guardian, the American businessman wants to increase his shareholding in the club to more than 97 per cent.

Kroenke, who owns 67 per cent of Arsenal at present, wants to purchase the Russian's 30.4% stake in the north London club.

If indeed the American billionaire manages to buy Usmanov's shares, he would then be in a position where he could squeeze out the club's minority shareholders.

On a serious level, how are we going to get out of ths 'rut'?

We go through a bad patch, then pick up points and then back again...

At what point does the club say "time is up" on Wenger?

Surely this has got to be his last two years?!

I really miss the days of Highbury and having players get us up on our feet with excitment.

I just miss the good old days where players played for the team. :( Football has just become so shit.

Sorry for the rant, one of them days.

NickF

Post by NickF »

mattdede wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:45 am

I really miss the days of Highbury and having players get us up on our feet with excitment.

I just miss the good old days where players played for the team. :( Football has just become so shit.

It has supposedly been his last contract for at least the last 3 renewals!

Wenger will only go when Wenger wants to go, which will probably be in a box.
There is no appetite from the owner or board to get rid of him and there is very little appetite from the supporters to force him out.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

NickF wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:15 am

There is no appetite from the owner or board to get rid of him and there is very little appetite from the supporters to force him out.
I think there is/was an appetite to get rid of him from the board, the problem is they were overruled by wiggy w*nker, which is even worse really.

90% of Arsenal's fanbase has been "zombified" thanks to the Emirates move, starting to f*cking hate the place now.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

NickF wrote:
mattdede wrote:

Think reading this quote speaks volumes.....

Moneyball man Billy Beane has revealed he is a “huge fan” of the Arsenal business model as he negotiates to takeover Barnsley.

Im not ever going back....im done...times have changed.....got to adjust and move on....

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

mattdede wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:56 am
Redarmy wrote:
From Arseblog....

He will want to beat Ferguson's 26 year record so maybe he might be gone in 6 years time if that's any help?

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

NickF wrote:
mattdede wrote:

FFS he's going nowhere get used to it....at least another 5 years...always was his plan to break Fergies record, always!!

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Redarmy wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:44 pm
NickF wrote:
mattdede wrote:

FFS he's going nowhere get used to it....at least another 5 years...always was his plan to break Fergies record, always!!
Dunno so much...I've heard him say publicly...."Loook...it's not about me" :lol: :? :shock:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

#may2025

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:50 am
#may2025
Sadly I Must Concur.

Wenger has his beady little eyes on Fergies record - Why? Because it will be the only thing he can better Fergie at in Footballing Management.

Block93

Post by Block93 »

I will say one thing for Wenger and that he is 100 times better than that prat Southgate. Anyone else watching this turgid rubbish?

General

Post by General »

Block93 wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:18 pm
I will say one thing for Wenger and that he is 100 times better than that prat Southgate. Anyone else watching this turgid rubbish?
What on earth does this even mean and since when did Southgate become any sort of yardstick.

Block93

Post by Block93 »

It means that at least we usually play decent football; England don’t even have the ability to string two passes together. I wasn’t using Southgate as a yardstick just observing how appalling he is, and at £3.25m per year he is probably even worse value than Wenger at £8m or whatever he gets.

Anyway, it’s no big deal, I was just feeling pissed off with England as I support them and always go to Wembley to see them play!!