THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by SteveO 35 »

Amazing how Benitez, with almost no money to spend turned around shitty Newcastle. Almost saved them when doomed, brought them straight back up at a canter and now competing nicely in the top half and showing more defensive discipline than any Newcastle team I can remember

Broke Barca and Real's duopoly long before Simeone came to town and a European Cup winner.

Still - nobody else available who could do a better job eh?

NickF

Post by NickF »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:45 am
There are more empty seats than ever this season. It does not look good for the club
we have 10k drop offs since March for the past few season, the club do not seem particularly bothered by it as it is business as normal.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Didn't wenger say that if he didn't compete for the title this year that he would walk away at the end of the season?

Or was it jut a fantastic dream :?

If he did say this and as a man of his word I have no doubt he will go, tbf he might as well go now because the gap to the top teams is only going to get bigger, much bigger.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:10 pm
Didn't wenger say that if he didn't compete for the title this year that he would walk away at the end of the season?

If he did say this and as a man of his word I have no doubt he will go, tbf he might as well go now because the gap to the top teams is only going to get bigger, much bigger.
I hope you're messing when you say he's a man of his word

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:29 pm

From 2009:-
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 051143.stm

So yes he has previous for telling a white lie or 10!!

augie

Post by augie »

franksav63 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:41 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:

From 2009:-
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 051143.stm

So yes he has previous for telling a white lie or 10!!

I especially love this bit -

"If tomorrow we say we have to sell the players do you want to know how many clubs would want to sign them?" said Wenger, referring specifically to Alexandre Song, Abou Diaby and Theo Walcott.
"They have a huge value and if they go somewhere else, in two or three years you will say to me 'why did you let them go?'.
"They are great players and they will show you that they are great players
." :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:

Or how about this comment -

"This season has not been disastrous at all," he added. "One day you will look back and say it was not as bad as people thought."

What he obviously meant by this, is that this season is going to be great compared to the shit that is ahead, and that someday the fans will look back on this season and pine for those days :roll: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

The man has become such an incompetent *word censored* that he has now become a parody of a complete incompetent *word censored*. If you asked someone to do an impression of an incompetent *word censored*, they'd do an impression of him- an incompetent *word censored*.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:

:roll:

I thought it was only Americans that didn't get Irony :lol:

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

The only two people I can think of in any walk of life who screwed up their once stellar reputation on a similar scale is Tony Blair and M.Night Shyamalan.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

cameron326 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:22 pm
The only two people I can think of in any walk of life who screwed up their once stellar reputation on a similar scale is Tony Blair and M.Night Shyamalan.
Harvey Weinstein...Saville....

Wenger's not done yet...it will get worse & worse......

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Journalist Matt Scott suggested that the 2 year contract was just to avoid constant speculation and that he'll be off at the end of the season.

I know but I'll cling on to the smallest of hopes at the moment. :roll: :D

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

arseofacrow wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:09 pm
Journalist Matt Scott suggested that the 2 year contract was just to avoid constant speculation and that he'll be off at the end of the season.

I can't see that being the case, surely it would be better to just say it's his last year and hope at least some of the fans get behind him for his final season?.

This ship has to sink to take the captain down (and the admiral hopefully!).

:twisted:

General

Post by General »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:19 pm
arseofacrow wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:09 pm

I can't see that being the case, surely it would be better to just say it's his last year and hope at least some of the fans get behind him for his final season?.

This ship has to sink to take the captain down (and the admiral hopefully!).

:twisted:
Wenger is a conceited pompous prick I don't he's interested in what he sees as ungrateful fans getting behind him. He didn't do the end of season parade after all.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

http://metro.co.uk/2017/10/16/arsene-we ... n-7003159/

Barton..."Wenger will be sacked" Yea...by who exactly??

Just shows the media still have no idea of what goes on at arsenal. And have no understanding of who Wenger is either.

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

It's funny because he likes to say only a small amount of fans protest against him, yet that was enough for him to shun the whole club at the end of the season parade

But he will still sign a contract and take the money

A man of principles