THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
JimmyAFC

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by JimmyAFC »

I'm not willing to write off Mustafi and Xhaka until they have a proper manager COACHING and INSTRUCTING and implementing tactics.

Every single footballer bar world class footballers turn to shit under him. He is a disease.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:£55million he spent on mustafi and xhaka. christ, what damage could he do with 100? :|
:lol: :lol:

Doesn't bear thinking about. James Milner for £60million anyone? :rubchin:

:suicide:
Did you see that penalty on Sunday?? That was worth 60m alone :lol: :lol: :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Manchester City right-back Bacary Sagna, 34, says fans at former club Arsenal should back Wenger as he remains the right manager to take the Gunners forward. (Daily Express)

Yeah yeah - another fucking Wenger luvvie poking his oar in. Clearly you didn't decide to back him at the end of the 2014 season did you knobshite? Stick to being a rotation player at City wankpot

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

GoonerMuzz wrote:Not a season ticket holder any more and i haven't been for a while but i'm kind of on the fence about the whole 'buying the ticket means supporting the regime' thing, on the one hand i can see the logic of this argument but on the other hand by our season ticket holders giving up their tickets in my opinion and i include myself in this we effectively allowed the JCLs and day trippers to take over the asylum and that single thing may have been the catalyst for what we see in the bowl and throughout the club today.

Take a look at the Gooners each of you have known over the years who for one reason or another have given up their tickets, add that to the many many we don't know personally and your probably reaching into the thousands of old school Gooners pushed out one way or the other, now imagine the protests and atmosphere in the ground that could have been generated against the regime if we were all still there.... :oops:

A lot of if, buts and maybes i know but on a personal level I can only apologise for a decision i made when we moved which has in a small way helped to get our club to where it is now, and to those who continue to go and to put up the fight all i can say is thanks :barscarf:
this is a very good point.
yes it is easy to say that ST holders give up their tickets, but that can only work if every ST holder did that - the problem is that there has been a gradual pushing out of the old school, which is what the club want and so you end up with the current situation.

The great danger now is that if Wenger signs on again then this will finish off the remaining few old school gooners and the club will be completely in the hands of AKBs and JCLs who just like going to a match for a day out and have no interest in actually winning trophies. The club will stagger on, sometimes in the top half of the table, sometimes not, with maybe the odd cup run to satisfy the fans. an elite, top club - NO

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Got to say a season out the champions league, not finishing in the top 4 is exactly what this team need. We've had worst teams than the current one but at least they had heart and desire to play for the club. Wenger has managed to get in the top 4 when we didn't deserve it. This club doesn't deserve it anymore. Lack of ambition and accepting mediocrity from the top down.

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:What I don't get is why so many on here are so shocked that Wenger's ex-players from 96-04 aren't calling for his head. Why would they? Most are not and never have been Arsenal fans. To the majority of them we are just a club that employed them at one point in their career. Most owe their career success (to varying degrees) to Wenger. They are most likely still good friends with him. They meet him several times a year at games and social occasions. Forget them. Most of them will never cross that line.

To be fair buddy, how many do you actually see standing up for him these days ? Up to a few months ago you couldn't swing a cat without hitting one of his former players lining up to suck his c*ck, but nowadays most (not keown obviously) have gone noticeably quiet :o Even the romford pele was on goals on sunday on sky sunday saying that he should step away and that times have changed

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:£55million he spent on mustafi and xhaka. christ, what damage could he do with 100? :|
:lol: :lol:

Doesn't bear thinking about. James Milner for £60million anyone? :rubchin:

:suicide:

he will make sure all HIS money is spent leaving the next manager with an uphill task and limited budget

after all he did build the ground and he "Loves" the money.... i mean club

augie

Post by augie »

xisstential wrote:Giroud quoted as saying "The players are keen for Wenger to sign as they want to see the adventure continue" Adventure is it?? I can think of about 4 or 5 words that describe his catastrophic tenure of the past decade....Adventure is not one of them.

How can you describe getting fantastically overpaid to do a job you are incapable of doing as an adventure anyway?? Nobody at the club has any shame!!

:coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

I Know what i am doing next season...but won't tell you????? Seriously what the fuck is that all about....is it childish behaviour or inflated Ego??

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Gunner Rob wrote:the minute he signs that contract then that is war officially declared.

total anarchy, ramp up the protests, give the club as much abuse as possible, make life hell for the regular match going supporter.
realistic? I am not sure, part of me feels the main reason we are in this mess in the first place is the passive fanbase anyway.

that show of support in the Emirates last season was appalling, personally I have had a massive disconnect from the match going fan from that day on, and as such have only ventured into the stadium twice this season.

if the fans don't fight this time though then we all might as well accept that the club is going to be facing years and years of mid table mediocrity.
Don't you worry...they are going to get dogs abuse if they think that him signing is going to see us off. Just the opposite in fact.

augie

Post by augie »

The sun newspaper (not the most reliable I know), claims that psg are offering the c.unt a 2 year deal to take over from emery in the summer :roll:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Nos89 wrote:Got to say a season out the champions league, not finishing in the top 4 is exactly what this team need. We've had worst teams than the current one but at least they had heart and desire to play for the club. Wenger has managed to get in the top 4 when we didn't deserve it. This club doesn't deserve it anymore. Lack of ambition and accepting mediocrity from the top down.
Wenger has made it clear that he wants to be in managment for at least another 4 years.
Considering that no other football team would be stupid enough to employ him then we are going to be stuck with him - and once he doesnt make the top 4 this season, then there is no chance he will ever get back into it.

this club is facing YEARS out of the champions league, and competing for the major honours (just like the last decade...)

NickF

Post by NickF »

augie wrote:The sun newspaper (not the most reliable I know), claims that psg are offering the c.unt a 2 year deal to take over from emery in the summer :roll:
Win win situation for everyone.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

NickF wrote:
augie wrote:The sun newspaper (not the most reliable I know), claims that psg are offering the c.unt a 2 year deal to take over from emery in the summer :roll:
Win win situation for everyone.
Well, except for poor old PSG, obviously... :lol: :wink:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

augie wrote:
xisstential wrote:Giroud quoted as saying "The players are keen for Wenger to sign as they want to see the adventure continue" Adventure is it?? I can think of about 4 or 5 words that describe his catastrophic tenure of the past decade....Adventure is not one of them.

How can you describe getting fantastically overpaid to do a job you are incapable of doing as an adventure anyway?? Nobody at the club has any shame!!

:coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:
40 plus years ago we had a teacher who was incapable of controlling the class..you could (and people did) read a paper ,smoke, talk, do other homework etc.. We hated the thought of that teacher leaving.. We knew his replacement wouldn't allow any such behaviour... Think Giroud is thinking the same with Wenger..