THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10_TH14

Re: Arsene Wenger - For/Against/Indifferent?

Post by DB10_TH14 »

OneBardGooner wrote::shock: :shock: :shock:

Look I told you it wasn't me...I mean...errrrmmm

You DO Realise Herd will read this and your Street Ard Man cred will be shot (Oooh err missus) to pieces! :D
flash has street cred :o :o :o :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10_TH14 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote::shock: :shock: :shock:

Look I told you it wasn't me...I mean...errrrmmm

You DO Realise Herd will read this and your Street Ard Man cred will be shot (Oooh err missus) to pieces! :D
flash has street cred :o :o :o :wink:

:oops: :oops: :oops: Oooops! I mean to say his cred as a sofa tester would be shot to pieces! :D :wink:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ch-1495012

another terrible article by the club's soundpeice.

apparently we've all changed our minds on wenger after the 5-2 win :barscarf:

:|

N1Goon

Post by N1Goon »

Still think his time's up?

Still want to join the #WengerOut movement?

Still think it's time to shower some more abuse on the best manager Arsenal ever had?

Still think Arsene Wenger's useless, clapped out, broken, shot, outmoded, gone, past it?

Still think he's a relic? Still think he's living on past glories?

On balance, I'm guessing probably not.

What you have come to expect from Oliver Holt. I was angry about Gervinho and Diaby stealing a living off our club, but f*ck me, they earn their money more then this excuse for a 'journalist'. This man is a disgrace to writers all over the world, he should be barred from getting published.

Son of a Gun

Post by Son of a Gun »

N1Goon wrote:

Still think it's time to shower some more abuse on the best manager Arsenal ever had?

Still think Arsene Wenger's useless, clapped out, broken, shot, outmoded, gone, past it?

What you have come to expect from Oliver Holt. I was angry about Gervinho and Diaby stealing a living off our club, but f*ck me, they earn their money more then this excuse for a 'journalist'. This man is a disgrace to writers all over the world, he should be barred from getting published.
typical dictatorship politics: when the people is starving to death, you throw them a little bone and they get down on their knees in prayer... same as a win against the worst team in the league :banghead:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

N1Goon wrote:

People like him ignore the fact that fans have been losing patience and turning against Wenger steadily since 2008, and that the media as a whole have done more than anybody to perpetuate this X years since a trophy mockery of us, yet when there is a sizeable voice amongst the fans in late 2012 suddenly we're fickle and it's based on a few bad results???? And then he has the temerity to suggest that one result against the worst team in the league (which despite cruising at 4-0 we still made work of) has proved everybody wrong.

Journalists like seeing Arsenal 15 points off the top, hence a huge number of them being happy with Wenger being in charge. Every fan thinks the media hate them but I personally felt we got far more praise as a club and for our football when we stopped winning things but were playing good stuff than when we were dicking all and sundry.

Macca

Post by Macca »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ch-1495012

another terrible article by the club's soundpeice.

apparently we've all changed our minds on wenger after the 5-2 win :barscarf:

:|
What a twatty *word censored* Holt is!! His editor needs to be slated too for allowing such an out of touch piece of journalism to be published.
:roll:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

You think that article is bad - just fucking wait until we get into the Virtual Trophy places. I had some Liverpool fan at work saying to me today "all that success and all you lot do is moan about Wenger - you're fifth"

There are also thousands and thousands of AKBs that have been keeping a bit of a low profile lately but you just wait if we go fourth - the "There's Only One Arsene Wenger" song will be sung loud and proud and the anti-Wenger groans will be jumped upon in the stadium

Everyone's kidding themselves thinking the end is nigh for Wenger. Haven't we seen all this before?

skipper

Post by skipper »

SteveO 35 wrote:You think that article is bad - just fucking wait until we get into the Virtual Trophy places. I had some Liverpool fan at work saying to me today "all that success and all you lot do is moan about Wenger - you're fifth"

There are also thousands and thousands of AKBs that have been keeping a bit of a low profile lately but you just wait if we go fourth - the "There's Only One Arsene Wenger" song will be sung loud and proud and the anti-Wenger groans will be jumped upon in the stadium

Everyone's kidding themselves thinking the end is nigh for Wenger. Haven't we seen all this before?
Psychology of the Cult in action.

They were told that 4th is the NEW trophy. They now accept that as a fact.

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

So Usmanov speaks and says that Wenger was hamstrung by the board - here is what Dear Leader has now said -

Speaking ahead of Saturday's Barclays Premier League trip to Wigan, Wenger said: "I believe I have always had the support from the board, and am very grateful for that. We have worked over the years in respecting in what we did, which is to always work within our financial resources.

"Therefore we made decisions which from outside looked not based on purely footballing reasons, but it was based as well on financial reasons."

What a muppet he is! He had a get out of jail free card there.

augie

Post by augie »

begeegs wrote:So Usmanov speaks and says that Wenger was hamstrung by the board - here is what Dear Leader has now said -

Speaking ahead of Saturday's Barclays Premier League trip to Wigan, Wenger said: "I believe I have always had the support from the board, and am very grateful for that. We have worked over the years in respecting in what we did, which is to always work within our financial resources.

"Therefore we made decisions which from outside looked not based on purely footballing reasons, but it was based as well on financial reasons."

What a muppet he is! He had a get out of jail free card there.

I dont give a flying fcuk what he says - it doesnt explain how he spunked money on the forehead (and what is looking likely to have wasted money on giroud) nor does it explain his shocking ineptitude on tactical and motivational aspects :evil:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

His latest quotes..... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

"Let's see how far this team takes us'

"I saw some interesting aspects against Reading"

"Spending in January isn't necessarily the answer"

" If we can add one or two exceptional players, we will do it"

SAME OLD ARSENE.....TAKING THE PISS!!!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Supagoon

Post by Supagoon »

"if we can add ...exceptional players" :-P

he said that last time, and the time before that :wink:
Last edited by Supagoon on Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 1989 »

He has certainly added exceptional players lately..........Klingon, Squillaci, Giroud, Santos, Park, Chamakh, Koscielny and Mertesacker have all proved to be world beaters. :roll: :roll: :roll:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Supagoon wrote:"if we can add ...exceptional players" :-P

he said that last time, and the time before that :wink:
That quote goes back to the end of the 2008 season. Must be the same "one or two exceptional players" he's spent nearly 5 years searching for. U2 found what they were looking for long before our useless Goon has