Van Persie saga, officially not extending contract.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Re: Van Persie saga, officially not extending contract.

Post by officepest »

Ahem,

"I don't have the inclination to go anywhere, this is the best team for me to be in. The bottom line is that I want to win trophies with Arsenal not anybody else. I know you can win trophies in many countries and in many ways, but I want to do that in our way and in an Arsenal shirt. I'm sure I could win things at another team in another country, but would it feel like our trophy, my trophy? I'm not sure it would would. Anything we win here will come from the heart and that's what I want."

"It is my dream and I see no point in speaking about other teams when I have these dreams. I think other people know that about me; I am just hungry to win with Arsenal and that's it"

:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

Quoted from RvP in 2011 after returning from injury.

What a berk, and Wenger, you have overseen some shockers in your time but flogging RvP to Utd really takes the piss.
Last edited by officepest on Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cardinal2011

Post by cardinal2011 »

£24 mil is fu*king good business. If we spend it on quality then I will be happy. If it goes straight into the bank (as i'm sure it will) then :banghead:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Giroud >>> @1DarrenTulett TF1: "Arsene, will you recruit to replace RVP?" Arsene: "We already recruited to replace him."

Peeman

Post by Peeman »

g88ner wrote:I understand the contract situation and £24m is difficult to turn down, but when you sell your best player and captain to ManUre you have to question the ambition of the club. Whatever way you look at it, we've improved a direct rival and stripped ourselves of our best player.

At least it's over. I'm disappointed with RvP but I won't be booing him. No way.

If I can sneak a pigs head in, he'll be getting that chucked at him. If I can't it'll have to be Rooneys.

For me its worse than Cashley, Nasri and Greedy

Fatman and Robin it is then :banghead:

SurreyGooner

Post by SurreyGooner »

what would f**k me off now is if the deluded w**kers applaud him when he plays against us, oh and I hope the c**t breaks a leg sometime soon.

goonswede

Post by goonswede »

Good deal as long as the money is reinvested in the squad We need to sign Sahin now! Not holding my breath on that one though:rubchin:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Deciding to leave was one thing but going to United is a disgrace. Having been at the club for 8 years he knows the rivalry and what this will feel like to the fans. If he didn't think he owed us by signing a new contract then fine, but if you look at the circumstances under which we signed him and all we have done for him and what he has given us in return over his time at Arsenal, fucking off to United is inexcusable and arguably the biggest betrayal in the history of the club. Yes, he carried us last season, but he would be nothing without AFC. Wenger's policy that he so clearly disagrees with is the only reason he wasn't shipped off years ago to a mediocre continental club.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Good bit of business money wise BUT we all know thts going straight in the bank.By selling him to them, kronke ivan wenger have just confirmed its all about the money and we dont see our club as serious rivals to manure anymore.Would fergie sell any top players to us you can bet your bollix he wouldnt.

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

mcdowell42 wrote:Giroud >>> @1DarrenTulett TF1: "Arsene, will you recruit to replace RVP?" Arsene: "We already recruited to replace him."
Where's highburyjd? Eating humble pie hopefully 8)

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

"No respect, no loyalty for a Dutch donkey. I have no respect for a captain that ducked a stable ship"

Comedy Eboue, via Twatter.

Old Oak Gooner

Post by Old Oak Gooner »

g88ner wrote:I understand the contract situation and £24m is difficult to turn down, but when you sell your best player and captain to ManUre you have to question the ambition of the club. Whatever way you look at it, we've improved a direct rival and stripped ourselves of our best player.

At least it's over. I'm disappointed with RvP but I won't be booing him. No way.

l will be :banghead:

Sutch

Post by Sutch »

Boo the *word censored* from the rafters, fucking two-faced *word censored*! :evil:

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

I've only booed 2 gunners in my life, Cashley and Eboue. I won't boo Robin but I won't applaud him either. As for those of you who think we are going to sign anyone else get real. The signings to strengthen the team after the departure of RvP, Song and Theo have already happened.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Wouldnt it be gas if he failed the medical

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

Oh well, they're all a bunch of tosspot *word censored* anyway :lol:

We are running out of players who i give a shit about to sell :barscarf: