Aaron Ramsey - statistics and form etc.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Blade

Re: Aaron Ramsey - statistics and form etc.

Post by Blade »

I am a central midfielder"
Actually you don't have the discipline to play there.You always running forward into the box thinking you are Lampard.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Nos89 wrote:He's been immense for Wales. One of the players of the Euros so far. Sad he's missing the semi final but let's hope he gets to play in the final.
It's amazing what happens when you play a player in his best position. He'll be gone in the summer after this tournament.
Too simplistic. Look at his play in those Euro games. A hellofalot less backheels, flicks, tricks, dragbacks and dawdling on the ball. It's less to do with his "best" position and more to do with a pragmatic manager telling him to cut the shit out and keep it simple and effective. Wenger says to Rambo "go play your game, express yourself", Coleman says "keep it simple, play to the plan and don't act the cúnt."

- THAT's the real difference. :roll:
Indeed it is. Ramsey probably has the ingredients to be a decent player but in the 8 years or so with us he has had one decent season. If anyone needed reminding of Wenger's approach, you need only to have watched the interview with Gallas before the game vs Man Ure this weekend. Gallas compared Wenger with Maureen, and whilst he stopped short of tearing into Wenger he said his approach every day was very relaxed, whilst with Maureen if you weren't 100% on it in training every day, he would stop the session and take the individual to one side

I'm not saying I'm a big Maureen fan btw - far from it, I think the geezer is a Grade A c.unt in fact - but it illustrates Wenger's "go out and play" philosophy, as opposed to that of another leading manager in the same era

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

SteveO 35 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Nos89 wrote:He's been immense for Wales. One of the players of the Euros so far. Sad he's missing the semi final but let's hope he gets to play in the final.
It's amazing what happens when you play a player in his best position. He'll be gone in the summer after this tournament.
Too simplistic. Look at his play in those Euro games. A hellofalot less backheels, flicks, tricks, dragbacks and dawdling on the ball. It's less to do with his "best" position and more to do with a pragmatic manager telling him to cut the shit out and keep it simple and effective. Wenger says to Rambo "go play your game, express yourself", Coleman says "keep it simple, play to the plan and don't act the cúnt."

- THAT's the real difference. :roll:
Indeed it is. Ramsey probably has the ingredients to be a decent player but in the 8 years or so with us he has had one decent season. If anyone needed reminding of Wenger's approach, you need only to have watched the interview with Gallas before the game vs Man Ure this weekend. Gallas compared Wenger with Maureen, and whilst he stopped short of tearing into Wenger he said his approach every day was very relaxed, whilst with Maureen if you weren't 100% on it in training every day, he would stop the session and take the individual to one side

I'm not saying I'm a big Maureen fan btw - far from it, I think the geezer is a Grade A c.unt in fact - but it illustrates Wenger's "go out and play" philosophy, as opposed to that of another leading manager in the same era
Wenger is NOT a manager...end off

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Fuck me he has been poor enough in CM. why piss about with him on the wing?

Just didn't work. Offered zero going forward and on the occasions where Valencia did bomb forward he was nowhere to be seen.

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

If he kept it simple, he could actually be a good player. He has a good technique and is worthy of playing at a top club.

But he is delusional doing all the flicks and back heels, trying to make all these hollywood passes, and shooting when the pass is on.

His problem is simple - he thinks he is better than he actually is.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

I wonder who allowed him to believe that :wink: :banghead:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Posted this on the Manure thread but works here too;

Regarding Ramsey's one great season (well two thirds of a season). I honestly believe a couple of things came together to facilitate his form;

1. Giroud too was in rare form, laying on great knock downs and link ups for Ramsey to run onto.
2. I genuinely believe he had his "Rob Lee season" that year, never to be repeated.
3. He was more disciplined that season, it was BECAUSE of his rare form that season and his continuous media interviews that after it he suddenly started believing he was the Welsh Messi and decided he could start showboating like a cúnt at every opportunity.

Unfortunately for Ramsey (and us) his "Rob Lee Season" ended like Rob Lee's did, Giroud went off the boil, and Wenger let Ramsey "go express" himself instead of reining him in.

I absolutely believe we will NEVER see him in that form again. But that's not to say a better manager wouldn't get some level of decent performance out of him.

Sean

Post by Sean »

I see Ramsey as a CM who can get forward, but he has these delusions of grandeur trying to be Lampard or Yaya Toure.

That one good season has done for him. He had his 'Charlie George moment' at Wembley 14 and he thinks he's better than he is; not helped by TOF's lack of spine and tendency to over-indulge his players. He is clearly coached better by Coleman, whereas TOF doesn't coach, full stop.

He is not a fucking winger! Why must TOF always do this with players?!? With a better manager, who tells him to just keep it simple, Ramsey could be a great player. Unfortunately, he is being ruined by our spineless excuse for a manager who is blind to Ramsey's continuous fuck-ups on the pitch, trying to be flash. What a waste!

:censored:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Yes of course he is central midfield player...and strangely enough that is where he should play

But honestly don't see him being worth a place in there

When playing for Arsenal displays an attitude as if he is Pele/Maradona and Messi all rolled into one...which i his mind only he believes he is

Very often becomes totally undisciplined and a total liability

Any good offers come in at around £25 million plus and they should sell

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

Certainly no winger we can all see that except one man.

In central midfield the problem is he isn't a great passer of a ball,lacks discipline positionally and the other thing that has really struck me he is so easy to get on the other side of with or without the ball players go past him pretty easily.

He had that great half season and before his leg injury he looked to be a real player that would grow in quality.

Used to be good for the odd goal as well and his shooting used to be far better and composed.....the other night against PSG he panicked and scuffed a decent opportunity not for the first time either.

Will no doubt start today really needs to step it up.

Blade

Post by Blade »

I think i know what the problem: [can't pass,can't run and can't shoot anymore]

They sowed his foot back the wrong way around.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Blade wrote:I think i know what the problem: [can't pass,can't run and can't shoot anymore]

We all know he's been shyte other than that 3 months of a season - But that's out of order dude. :? :gooner_ed:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Blade wrote:I think i know what the problem: [can't pass,can't run and can't shoot anymore]

We all know he's been shyte other than that 3 months of a season - But that's out of order dude. :? :gooner_ed:
Thanks to Xhaxa's stupidity we have him and coq together for the next 4 matches .......oh joy.

Blade

Post by Blade »

Did you see the Rabona kick v Burnley done?.

Perfect inside-out kicking.

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Re: Aaron Ramsey

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:I'm probably his biggest hater and I won't back down from it, and probably never will, unless he starts playing like he belongs at a club the quality of Arsenal. For me right now, he belongs at West Brom. He is the Welsh equivalent of Denilson. He passes sideways and backwards 95% of the time. He slows down our play so much that we cannot seem to get anything going. Compare that to when Rosicky plays in the same position and we move 100x faster and more direct. When Ramsey plays it seems like RVP is so isolated up front, but not when TR7 plays. Unless Song is creating, we are terribly stale with Ramsey.

It is no wonder that our winning streak started with Ramsey got injured and Rosicky came into the team in his natural position. I admit before his injury I saw glimpses of a good player. But that was a long time ago now and he's had plenty of time in the first team to show SOMETHING. He doesnt get back like Rosicky does and put in a good tackle, and his flicks and shit are just annoying.

And dont tell me age is an excuse because Wilshire is younger and miles better.

And I'll add to that, that OX can play the CAM role much much better than Ramsey ever could. He gets back and puts in a tackle, then gets the team moving FORWARD, not sideways/slowly.
Seems fitting that after yesterday's shambles from Ramsey, that I could quote my own post...
FROM ALMOST 5 YEARS AGO!!!

How. The . Fuck. is this disgrace of a footballer still playing for this club. Not only that, but he's the FIRST FUCKING NAME ON THE TEAM SHEET????

Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves after re-reading some of the love directed at Ramsey :twisted: :mrgreen: