BSM March before Swansea

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Reg Niseth

BSM March before Swansea

Post by Reg Niseth »

An e-mail has just gone to all BSM members about a walk we're holding on 1 December before the Swansea game.

We need BIG numbers for this one, so please spread the word to yours and come to join us on the day. Same route as before - starting at Cannons, going past Highbury then down to Bear Roundabout.

Here's what was in the e-mail...

BSM walk on 1 December (before the match with Swansea)
We are calling for a gathering of BSM members and supporters on 1 December, before the Swansea match, to join us on a walk to ‘Bear Roundabout’ outside The Armoury.

The objectives of this walk are to heighten the Board’s awareness in the following areas:

We want Stan Kroenke’s commitment not to take money from the club.
We want Peter Hill-Wood off the Board. He has become an embarrassment to the club and its supporters.
We want Red & White Holdings to be offered a seat on the Board. Ivan Gazidis called for us to all come together and work in the same direction but how does this work when a 30% shareholder in the club doesn’t get to have a say? In what other large business would this blocking of a major shareholder happen?
We want action from the club to stop poor allocation of our money. From wasting money on players we have to write off a year later, to handing out huge contracts to players who we can’t then sell on because nobody will match what we pay. It’s mismanagement and it’s the fans who get hit in the pocket because the club fails in other revenue generating areas such as commercial deals.
We want the club to deliver the initiatives we’ve previously put to them, which would greatly benefit match going fans. These include:

A ‘lite’ version of a season ticket with no cup credits
A short-term staged repayment scheme for season ticket renewals
The ability for season ticket holders to downgrade to Silver membership
Move away fans to the upper tier, thereby providing cheaper seats for Arsenal fans
Introduce season tickets in the Clock End at Emirates; recreate the atmosphere of the famous old stand at Highbury and improve the Emirates atmosphere on matchdays.
Introduce safe standing. This continues to be investigated by more and more clubs across the country but continues to be ignored by Arsenal.
Cheaper tickets at Emirates Stadium. If you can afford to sit on £70m of cash in the bank, you don't need to charge fans the highest ticket prices in football.

On 1 December we will be meeting at 1.30pm outside Cannons public house on Blackstock Road (opposite The Gunners pub). The walk will start at 2pm and take us past our beloved Highbury and down to Emirates Stadium where we’ll end at ‘Bear Roundabout’.

Come and join us and let the Board know that change is needed. That the Board needs to listen to its core support. Tell your friends and help spread the word. Come along, let’s make a stand.

Please do all you can to drum up support for this. We're working the media channels to get coverage, so we need numbers on the day.
Last edited by Reg Niseth on Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

armchair

Re: BSM Gathering before Swansea

Post by armchair »

:rubchin: Did I miss the "Wenger Out " bit.....?

ClockEndNick

Post by ClockEndNick »

--
Last edited by ClockEndNick on Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

My apologies - I am already at a freebie for Wales v Australia that day. It would have been double bubble for me, abuse to the board and a chance to slate the filthy jacks.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

storrmin571 wrote:My apologies - I am already at a freebie for Wales v Australia that day. It would have been double bubble for me, abuse to the board and a chance to slate the filthy jacks.
:high5:

augie

Post by augie »

armchair supporter wrote::rubchin: Did I miss the "Wenger Out " bit.....?

Was thinking along the same lines myself :(

Listen we all have issue's that we think needs changing with our club and I'm sure some could be added to the list above but for me I cant help feeling that every supporter group avoids the subject for fear of a backlash. I am not saying that they should form a lynch mob (although I would def support it 8) ) to oust wenger but it could be advocated in some diplomatic way suggesting something along the lines of "wanting a total change of the people running our club" or a call for a need for fresh impetus into the way our club and team is being run - by ducking the issue altogether it suggests that it is a pro wenger support group and as far as I am concerned we already have enough groups taking that position (redaction,aisa,ast etc :roll: ).

REB

Post by REB »

the BSM is not a wenger out movement augie, its a support group for the fans to have a say and to make things better for the match going gooner, while i expect most of the BSM are not pro wenger you must start small and work your way up to bigger issues regarding the club.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

REB wrote:the BSM is not a wenger out movement augie, its a support group for the fans to have a say and to make things better for the match going gooner, while i expect most of the BSM are not pro wenger you must start small and work your way up to bigger issues regarding the club.
Agreed. The BSM's effectiveness is directly related to how many fans it has on board. As we know, the majority of Arsenal fans still support Wenger and would certainly not support a movement to oust him. Adding Wenger out to their manifesto would significantly reduce their appeal to most Arsenal fans.

augie

Post by augie »

REB wrote:the BSM is not a wenger out movement augie, its a support group for the fans to have a say and to make things better for the match going gooner, while i expect most of the BSM are not pro wenger you must start small and work your way up to bigger issues regarding the club.

I understand that rebs and I joined up on that basis and would have marched with them if I was over for that game but sadly I wont be. As I said already, I know that dozens of things we would all like to see change for the better but for me allocating clock end seats for season ticket holders and/or moving the away fans section is not going to improve the fortunes of a club that has a manager running the club who wont spend the money available, who doesnt know tactics, who cant see the wood for the tree's and who cannot motivate his players :roll: Maybe it is an age thing ( :wink: ) but each year is precious to me and I cannot abide sitting on our thumbs hoping and praying that wenger fcuks off in 2014 cos that will be another two years wasted imo. Yes little things do all make a difference but maybe there would be a better atmosphere if the club and manager gave the fans a team and players that actually gives a shit and has some pride in the shirt unlike the prima donna pussies that the dick has accumulated in our squad :evil:

Maybe I am feeling a bit more militant than usual today ( :wink: ) and maybe I should be more grateful for small victories but for me the "arsenalisation of the stadium" was held up as a victory for the fans and at the end of the day it hasnt changed one iota in the way this club is being run :cry:

REB

Post by REB »

his day will come augie and that kroneke prick with him, but for now we have to build up a strong base and i think the BSM will be that voice but timing will be everything.

armchair

Post by armchair »

I dont want to turn this into another Wenger thread and I apologise in advance and I wont post about Wenger here after this one.

Its almost like Wenger is the elephant in the room and everyone is afraid to say it. Wenger is the biggest obsticle to the club moving forward and genuinely competing. I really wish some reference to him personally and his mis-management would have been mentioned as I have every respect for BSM and their aims.

Had Wenger been personally mentioned even in a small way I'd have been marching alongside you guys but its a deal-breaker for me that the main problem at the club isn't even mentioned. The BSM may not be a "Wenger OUT" group" ffs its obvious that Wenger is culpable too in our stagnation. Even the most hardened AKB will admit hes at least partially to blame. Yet not even a mention of him in the email.

Anyway sorry for turning this into yet another anti-Wenger thread. :oops:

Good luck and best wishes to all who attend. :barscarf:

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

armchair supporter says, "I apologise in advance and I wont post about Wenger here after this one."

chuckle.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

armchair supporter wrote:I dont want to turn this into another Wenger thread and I apologise in advance and I wont post about Wenger here after this one.

Its almost like Wenger is the elephant in the room and everyone is afraid to say it. Wenger is the biggest obsticle to the club moving forward and genuinely competing. I really wish some reference to him personally and his mis-management would have been mentioned as I have every respect for BSM and their aims.

Had Wenger been personally mentioned even in a small way I'd have been marching alongside you guys but its a deal-breaker for me that the main problem at the club isn't even mentioned. The BSM may not be a "Wenger OUT" group" ffs its obvious that Wenger is culpable too in our stagnation. Even the most hardened AKB will admit hes at least partially to blame. Yet not even a mention of him in the email.

No they won't. I'm sure I'm not the only one to have met and seen comments posted by fans that spend a lot of time (and often money) watching Arsenal that are absolutely adamant that Wenger is doing the absolute best he can with the resources available and will blindly stick by that in the face of any contrary evidence.

Face it, if the BSM wants to get widespread support then Wenger is a no-go area, he's just untouchable for too many fans.

REB

Post by REB »

armchair supporter wrote:I dont want to turn this into another Wenger thread and I apologise in advance and I wont post about Wenger here after this one.

i cant speak for all at the BSM but those i do are all of the same thinking as you but for the moment its best for the BSM to concentrate on the issues at hand which is speaking for the fans and trying to get the match going gooner a fair deal.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

reckon your turnout will unfortunately be smaller after the miracle of the majeski....

would turn up if i went o games anymore. season ticket sold to m8s till we start utilising our resources properly.