Groundhog summer transfer window thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Bradywasking

Re: January transfer rumours thread

Post by Bradywasking »

gp543 wrote:
Blood_Gooner wrote:Some no name online rag reporting that Draxler recently took a tour of the Emirates and was well impressed with out training facilities.

Could he be coming?
Source?
Dan Crowley who scored two and had three assists for the youths against Peterborough has it on his facebook page. Looked up Crowley after reading about his performance last night.. he reckons Draxler will join in the Summer.

AberdeenGooner

In need of a striker

Post by AberdeenGooner »

So folks. It's been said before but now Theo is out we need a replacement surely. Ok maybe now isn't the right time to buy but surely a loan deal would suffice! How about Jelavic? Not heard his name being thrown into the hat yet but I think we could do a lot worse. Mirislav Klose floats my boat to!

topgoon

Re: In need of a striker

Post by topgoon »

AberdeenGooner wrote:So folks. It's been said before but now Theo is out we need a replacement surely. Ok maybe now isn't the right time to buy but surely a loan deal would suffice! How about Jelavic? Not heard his name being thrown into the hat yet but I think we could do a lot worse. Mirislav Klose floats my boat to!
Is this a wind up /comedy hour or are you just wanting a reaction...Jelavic....wtf...rather have Carlton Donkey Cole

russgoonergibson

Post by russgoonergibson »

http://www.givemesport.com/407163-arsen ... tbrain-rss

12 goals in 11 spanish under 21s,

apparently hes coming :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Red Gunner

Post by Red Gunner »

Arsène Wenger instructs scouts to find short-term cover for Theo Walcott

Arsène Wenger has instructed Arsenal's scouting department to explore short-term signings as the manager considers securing a quick fix to bolster his attacking ranks after losing Theo Walcott for the remainder of the season.

The management and scouting staff have discussed the possibility of adding a forward to their options since scans confirmed Walcott will be out for at least six months after suffering cruciate knee ligament damage late on in Saturday's FA Cup victory over Tottenham Hotspur. There is an acceptance, however, that the club will struggle to secure any of their primary forward targets before next summer at the earliest with those players' employers either involved in European competition, embroiled in title pursuits or simply reluctant to sell mid-season.

There is interest in Diego Costa at Atlético Madrid and Jackson Martínez at Porto, as well as Real Madrid's Karim Benzema and the Bayern Munich forward Mario Mandzukic, whose position at the Allianz Arena will be threatened next summer once Robert Lewandowski completes his free transfer from Borussia Dortmund. Domestically, Wenger has also considered the merits of the Manchester City forward Edin Dzeko, though any bids for such candidates would prove fruitless in January.

The manager has conceded that prices are inflated in the winter window and would be reluctant to pay more than Arsenal's valuation for such talent. Instead, players such as Real Madrid's Álvaro Morata, the 21-year-old who has been somewhat underused at the Bernabéu this term, will again be scrutinised while soundings are taken from possible recruits in Russia where some clubs, most notably Anzhi Makhachkala, find themselves under financial pressure to sell.

Lille's former Chelsea striker Salomon Kalou has also come under consideration with the player having made clear his desire to return to England, albeit he had envisaged making that move in the summer. Yet even a short-term deal would be progressed only if Wenger determines that the incoming player would hit the ground running as his team attempt to secure their first Premier League title since 2004.

The manager remains relatively relaxed about the pursuit given that he generally considers Walcott as a wide player rather than a central striker, despite the forward's prolific bursts of form when given opportunities through the middle over recent seasons.

Arsenal have cover in attacking midfield, not least with Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain back in full training after cruciate ligament problems and due to play in the under-21s game against Fulham on Thursday. He has not featured since the opening day of the season and, should all progress smoothly, could be in line for a place on the bench against Fulham in the Premier League on 18 January.

Wenger would have been more vexed had his first-choice striker, Olivier Giroud, broken down. Yet the France forward has recovered from an ankle injury and recent illness, and Nicklas Bendtner is expected back from his ankle complaint within a month. With January offering a relatively gentle fixture schedule, certainly compared with other months, the management may determine the better option would be to plough on with what they have if no short-term addition seems suitable.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... eo-walcott

Red Gunner

Post by Red Gunner »

Erik Lamela wants to quit Tottenham, reveals father Jose Lamela

Erik Lamela’s Tottenham career looks all but over after his father revealed the player is desperate to quit White Hart Lane.

Lamela only joined Spurs in the summer as part of a club record £30million deal, but he has struggled to adapt to life in England.

And despite Tim Sherwood previously shrugging off speculation that the 21-year-old could leave on-loan this month, Jose Lamela says his son is desperate to leave.

‘Erik is not happy and wants to go back to Italy,’ he told the Italian media.

‘He has been linked with Lazio, but I don’t know anything about this. Could he re-join Roma? I don’t know.

‘Tottenham does not want him to leave in January.’

Lamela has made just nine Premier League appearances this term – and was previously linked with a transfer to Inter Milan.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/07/erik-lame ... a-4253483/

£26m :lol:

topgoon

Re:

Post by topgoon »

Red Gunner wrote:Erik Lamela wants to quit Tottenham, reveals father Jose Lamela

Erik Lamela’s Tottenham career looks all but over after his father revealed the player is desperate to quit White Hart Lane.

Lamela only joined Spurs in the summer as part of a club record £30million deal, but he has struggled to adapt to life in England.

And despite Tim Sherwood previously shrugging off speculation that the 21-year-old could leave on-loan this month, Jose Lamela says his son is desperate to leave.

‘He has been linked with Lazio, but I don’t know anything about this. Could he re-join Roma? I don’t know.

Lamela has made just nine Premier League appearances this term – and was previously linked with a transfer to Inter Milan.

Can't say I blame him why would anyone want to be play for those average :censored: , even worse poor bastard's on the bench. :lol: :lol:

In other news our search for a replacement for Theo is starting to become a real case of 'take a chance pick a card any card'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... apses.html

Post by 1989 »

Jackson Martinez.........yes fucking please.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I suppose if we don't sign a striker during the window there's always Natalie Sawyer's massive melons to look forward to on the night of January 31st 8)

GranadaJoe

Re:

Post by GranadaJoe »

Red Gunner wrote:Erik Lamela wants to quit Tottenham, reveals father Jose Lamela

Can we offer them 6 mill just to take the piss.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

A top striker is still our priority, but I also think we need more options out wide, particularly with Theo now injured.

I've only seen snippets of Tom Ince on the football league show, but he looks skilful, he's definitely got an eye for goal, he's got experience at U21s and I believe that he's only got six months left on his contract. The price has got to be right for AW (the Victims offered 6 mil for him last year).

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

rodders999 wrote:I suppose if we don't sign a striker during the window there's always Natalie Sawyer's massive melons to look forward to on the night of January 31st 8)
Finally some sense on here :barscarf:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

That Lamela is a fucking baby, yes he hasn't had as much gametime as he'd have liked but look at the investment they made in him and his age, hardly like he's wasting his career (well he is but that's because he signed for Spurs, not because he's not playing!).

Playing the old "not settled" card and trying to manufacture a move back like this is fucking pathetic. And hilarious.

gp543

Post by gp543 »

Bradywasking wrote:
gp543 wrote:
Blood_Gooner wrote:Some no name online rag reporting that Draxler recently took a tour of the Emirates and was well impressed with out training facilities.

Could he be coming?
Source?
Dan Crowley who scored two and had three assists for the youths against Peterborough has it on his facebook page. Looked up Crowley after reading about his performance last night.. he reckons Draxler will join in the Summer.
Schalke also signed Sidney Sam this morning...as an eventual replacement to Draxler. He'll come in the summer. He is still injured and 2 weeks away from resuming even light training.

AberdeenGooner

Re: In need of a striker

Post by AberdeenGooner »

Ok so you would rarther we bought some unknown unproven 19/20 year old again who will bairly get a game??
That is usually the norm for Wenger. This will probably be the case again and we'll all wonder why we didnt win a trophy. I'm just sayin Jelavic was banging the goals in last season- could do it for us until summer if he's fit. A bigger name would be better but i'd rarther have him or another proven goalscorer, even Darren Bloody Bent......Anyone with some sort of pedigree, proven goalscorer!