Let's All Laugh At Man Utd! (Merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
sk-gtfo

Re: Let's All Laugh At Man Utd!

Post by sk-gtfo »

Was only a matter of time because despite having US owners like us they are such a financial behemoth that they can and probably always will buy their way back to near the top, the owner could take out £50M a season as a dividend and they'd still blow everyone apart from City out of the water.

United were so lucky in how they timed their golden generation, just as the cash started to pour into the game, set them up as a big player for decades. :banghead:

Also sacking a failing manager(s) helps... :roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:17 pm
who remembers this thread?

so 4 years after they lost Ferguson they already look like they are challenging for the league again.
what have Arsenal done in those 4 years? gone backwards.

and Wenger is still here....
I think it's more a matter that the reason we are going backwards is because wenger IS still here.. semantics I know, but important in this instance. :wink:

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Got to bring this thread back as it’s great what Maureen is doing up there! The man is such a prick and he wants out 100%. Hard to watch the Spuds get a win but funny as f**k as well. Wonder what his excuse will be this time?

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

You have to hand it to Spurs beating them 3-0 at Old Trafford is very impressive. I just hope we end up getting a result up there too. Haven't won up there in the league since 2006 when Adebayor scored the winner.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

I despise both clubs, Tottenham more at the moment so the fact that they went up to OT and did a job on Manure gives me no pleasure whatsoever.

Maureen squirming in a news conference, however, is something to behold. The guy is way past his best and can only now live on past glories.

Man Utd fans have every right to feel he doesn't represent the values of their club. Looks like the writing is on the wall for Maureen, is there any other big club in football that would embrace what is now damaged goods.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

If it had been any other team bar the Middlesex Vagrants I'd have enjoyed them ripping manure and Moron-hio a nice shiny new sphincter but it being those cùnts soured it for me. :x

Moron-hio making a tool of himself though is ALWAYS pleasant viewing. :lol: A jumped up over rated cùnt that can only buy success. Fuck him. :censored:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

we thought we had issues, but they are below us in the table. :lol:

its very odd that they didn't sign a single player. its like they told Maureen that he's spent enough and now go coach.

their next game is not any easier - Burnley away on Sunday.

Post by 1989 »

They did sign that Fred lad to be fair, who looks absolutely shit.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Yep for nearly 50m too after net spend of around 235m in two years. Fucking eye-watering amount of money considering that they got the man-child Pogba, flat track bully Lukaku and two CBs who Mourinhon has made clear he doesn’t rate in return. Not to mention the exorbitant wages which he’s been paying Ibrahimovich, Pogba and Sanchez.

Does anybody seriously think that Mourinho gave Ed Woodward a list of five gettable and sensible transfer targets? No fucking way - definitely gave him a list of unattainable targets like Gareth Bale along with another exorbitantly-priced but distinctly average 6th senior first-team squad CB.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

A couple months ago I was gonna put a wedge on him being gone by Xmas. I'm fucking raging now I didn't. :x :lol:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:41 am
A couple months ago I was gonna put a wedge on him being gone by Xmas. I'm fucking raging now I didn't. :x :lol:
I snuck a few bob on Arry Kane United to beat em at 12/5.... 8)
Vote of confidence has now been made and a pathway for ZZ to takeover.... :wink:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

what is happening at Man Utd right now is what happened to us back in about 2008.
took us another TEN years to get rid of Wenger. Utd won't take 6 months.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:24 am
what is happening at Man Utd right now is what happened to us back in about 2008.
this is the annoying thing, the pressure on them to oust mourinho three months into the season afer finishing 2nd will be ten times greater than the pressure on us to get rid of wenger at any time during his tenure :roll: :banghead:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:44 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
this is the annoying thing, the pressure on them to oust mourinho three months into the season afer finishing 2nd will be ten times greater than the pressure on us to get rid of wenger at any time during his tenure :roll: :banghead:
And that is why I have always maintained that Wenger was only ever the symptom but Wiggy Marsupial Features and the Lizard and the Board are the disease. A proper football motivated owner would have sacked Wenger years ago.

herbert

Post by herbert »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:33 pm
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:44 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
And that is why I have always maintained that Wenger was only ever the symptom but Wiggy Marsupial Features and the Lizard and the Board are the disease. A proper football motivated owner would have sacked Wenger years ago.
2008 and Wenger was not spending £300 million on his squad he was making £25 million to cover the debt :lol: