Let's All Laugh At Man Utd! (Merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Bradywasking

Re: Let's All Laugh At Man Utd!

Post by Bradywasking »

BiTter Sport went overboard about Man U last night..FFS they were playing Anderlecht from the Belgian League.. Yes Utd were probably the better team and had 99.99999% possession and four thousands shots on goal..But they were playing Anderlecht... and they won 2-1 after extra time..

Clash

Post by Clash »

I take it we're all on the side of righteousness tonight and supporting Dennis and his talented Ajax side?

I'm sure the nation will be told we've got to support the Manchester team after what happened this week but it doesnt work like that for me. I really hope Man United get the beating they deserve and miss out on the CL again.

I heard Phil Neville on the radio this morning telling us how much he doesnt want to be in Stockholm working on the game now and how all he wants is to be back in Manchester. Why not just quietly slip home then Phil? I'm sure the BBC or BT sport or whoever you're working for are not keeping you there against your will. And they're hardly gonna sack you if you decide to leave. Sometimes people just have to let us know how much they care :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clash wrote:I take it we're all on the side of righteousness tonight and supporting Dennis and his talented Ajax side?

I'm sure the nation will be told we've got to support the Manchester team after what happened this week but it doesnt work like that for me. I really hope Man United get the beating they deserve and miss out on the CL again.

I heard Phil Neville on the radio this morning telling us how much he doesnt want to be in Stockholm working on the game now and how all he wants is to be back in Manchester. Why not just quietly slip home then Phil? I'm sure the BBC or BT sport or whoever you're working for are not keeping you there against your will. And they're hardly gonna sack you if you decide to leave. Sometimes people just have to let us know how much they care :roll:
Yeah with you 100% mate. Phil Neville is an absolute cocksucker for saying that. Fucking slack-jawed inbred cúnt. Why not just quietly fuck off with a bit of dignity and decorum? :roll: No of course he can't, just like all the modern shower of social media whores that make up 90% of football pundits, he has to wear the black armbands publicly at the drop of a hat and offer bleating, slimy, mealy-mouthed, insincere sympathies on every unrelated tragedy. :roll: :censored:

Honestly, I'll lose any lingering shred of respect I might have ever had for the entire city of Manchester if they try and drag the tragic and abhorent murder of children into some kind of football-related, victimised, eternaly offended, Liverpool-style, look-at-us scenario. :roll: :x :twisted:

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Come on Ajax. :barscarf:
The Man Utd fans are sounding more and more like the Bin Dippers by the hour with all the trying to wrap up the final with what happened at Manchester Arena.
They should try to have a bit more class

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

did see a couple of headlines today re the europa cup final along the lines of "we are all united" and martin samuel basically saying that he wishes all of the country to be behind united tonight because of the attack. i've also seen united fans on twitter bemoaning people for not getting behind them tonight.

imean talk about hijacking a terrorist attack to suit your own gains, it was an attack on this country, not manchester united in particular. don't remember this when there were attacks in london in the past. i just find it tasteless tbh, tonight is acup final, and it has nothing to do with what happened monday night.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Clash wrote:I take it we're all on the side of righteousness tonight and supporting Dennis and his talented Ajax side?

Yeah with you 100% mate. Phil Neville is an absolute cocksucker for saying that. Fucking slack-jawed inbred cúnt. Why not just quietly fuck off with a bit of dignity and decorum? :roll: No of course he can't, just like all the modern shower of social media whores that make up 90% of football pundits, he has to wear the black armbands publicly at the drop of a hat and offer bleating, slimy, mealy-mouthed, insincere sympathies on every unrelated tragedy. :roll: :censored:

Honestly, I'll lose any lingering shred of respect I might have ever had for the entire city of Manchester if they try and drag the tragic and abhorent murder of children into some kind of football-related, victimised, eternaly offended, Liverpool-style, look-at-us scenario. :roll: :x :twisted:
Seems to be the way of it now.....a sort of americanisation of grief, cannot do it privately has to be with cameras and everyone has to know.....

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:did see a couple of headlines today re the europa cup final along the lines of "we are all united" and martin samuel basically saying that he wishes all of the country to be behind united tonight because of the attack. i've also seen united fans on twitter bemoaning people for not getting behind them tonight.

imean talk about hijacking a terrorist attack to suit your own gains, it was an attack on this country, not manchester united in particular. don't remember this when there were attacks in london in the past. i just find it tasteless tbh, tonight is acup final, and it has nothing to do with what happened monday night.
very sick twist on a very barbaric act of violence.......

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:did see a couple of headlines today re the europa cup final along the lines of "we are all united" and martin samuel basically saying that he wishes all of the country to be behind united tonight because of the attack. i've also seen united fans on twitter bemoaning people for not getting behind them tonight.

Horrific thing to happen anywhere to anyone/town/city/people...

Something that has killed innocent people - Children !!I Mean WTF!? As Herd rightly said though - All Nations / Leaders Have Blood on Their hands - It is going to take a brave people/country/faith to say "We Are Not Going To Do This To You As Revenge or Whatever".

I'm really Not trying to be funny or anything but can you imagine if it had happened in Liverpool? and how the Vitcims Fans would have re-acted. :?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: COME ON AJAX!!!! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

phpBB [video]

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

Ajax are shite!! 0-2

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

wilko49er wrote:Ajax are shite!! 0-2
A lot like us,pointless tippy tappy passing,no threat up front,all possession with nothing to show for it,naive defending and physically weak,

Still have a class kit though!

hertsgunner

Post by hertsgunner »

support Ajax. No way, their mob teamed up with our lovely friends from the swamp the other month for the visit of Millwall!

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

robbo10 wrote:
wilko49er wrote:Ajax are shite!! 0-2
A lot like us,pointless tippy tappy passing,no threat up front,all possession with nothing to show for it,naive defending and physically weak,

Still have a class kit though!
They remind me of Wengers tippy tappy Wengerball, no penetration, and no shooting!....

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Watched the first half and United were typically uninspiring but Ajax looked out of their depth and posed no threat whatsoever.

Europa League isn't glamorous but the reality is that the only British clubs to win ANY European trophy (sorry West Ham - Intertoto doesn't count!) since we last did 23 years ago are United, Chelsea and Liverpool. Nothing to be sniffed at.

Europa League is normally a tricky competition to win because you generally have to beat three or four good teams whose pinnacle of their season is that competition. And there are often decent sides in there - Sevilla took Liverpool apart last year and Spurs have got some real schoolings over the years. Chuck in some horrible Thursday night trips to the likes of Shakhtar etc and it's draining.

United got lucky in that they played a succession of piss-poor sides and the only difficult travelling was to play those Russian nobodies. Still, not likely they'd have won it if they'd have played a weakened side every game.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Like or hate him (and I know the answer here) mourinho knows how to win trophies.

This win (meaning 5 English teams in the European Cup next year) and we aren't puts even more pressure on Arsene I think