Let's All Laugh At Man Utd! (Merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

Re: Let's All Laugh At Man Utd!

Post by Nos89 »

I'm pleased united won. As a footballing nation we needed a team to win a European trophy, to keep our co-efficient ratings high.

So, 5 of the top 6 will be in the champions league next season, it'll be interesting to see how Liverpool and chelski fair. I would love us to emulate united and win the trophy. We do need a European trophy in the cabinet again.

That was united's 7th European final, we've competed in 6 over the years. We need to get to a European final. This squad has the capability, the manager doesn't.

Swifty

Post by Swifty »

flash gunner wrote:Like or hate him (and I know the answer here) mourinho knows how to win trophies.
Can't argue with that.

Herd

Post by Herd »

only 2 trophies and cl ,not much to laugh about there

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Reading some social media comments is making me despair. A football club went to play a game two days after a barbaric atrocity in the city of that club..Rightfully the club marked that atrocity with respect.
But please end it there, social media is gone out of hand. Why should I or any supporter of any other club suddenly support Manchester United based on what happened on Monday? .
One comment I read was on the lines of United's win lifting the city but the comment was much more eloquent than that..light after darkness etc.
You know maybe the grieving people of Manchester didn't want to know or care about the game in Stockholm, did the genuine Manchester City fans suddenly think a United win would heal and lift their city?
What happened was dreadful and no decent living human could not be moved and revolted by the idea of kids attending a concert being targeted.
But as always in these times the Social Media world falls over itself to come up with even more profound tributes.More important to nail your mourning to a public mast than reflect in silence.
Colin Harvey was manager of Everton in May 1989 and in the build up to the FA Cup Final he made a telling comment on the lines of the media wanting Liverpool to win the final for the Hillsborough families and as a consequence of that Evertton would be made feel guilty if they won it.
We say life must go on, our way of life must go on or else we lose everything. In my life I never want clubs like Manchester United, Liverpool, Spurs etc to win a game let alone a trophy. Last night I wanted Manchester United to lose to Ajax because I detest Manchester United and their supporters . In my way of thinking that was not disrespectful to the victims of terrorism in Manchester. That was football and if life goes on football goes on. If the game had been postponed I would have understood but it went ahead and then it was football as normal.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Nos89 wrote:I'm pleased united won. As a footballing nation we needed a team to win a European trophy, to keep our co-efficient ratings high.
Bollocks! :lol: Here writes a guy who never spent his hard earned dosh and time going around Europe with the Arsenal. I NEVER met anyone with this point of view.

Fck Utd, Fck Liverpoool, Fck Chelsea, Fck Spurs. Always.

:barscarf: :barscarf:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

We even Politicise Football now!
Great sound bytes, but Social Media and Journos are just bloodsuckers along with all Politicians spinning their shit!...
Sad world but it will only get worse as these atrocities know no boundary..
RIP to the dead and prayers to the mortally wounded and injured....

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

arseofacrow wrote:
Nos89 wrote:I'm pleased united won. As a footballing nation we needed a team to win a European trophy, to keep our co-efficient ratings high.
Bollocks! :lol: Here writes a guy who never spent his hard earned dosh and time going around Europe with the Arsenal. I NEVER met anyone with this point of view.

Post of the week right there! 8) 8) Agreed 100% mate. Fuck manure, fuck the co-efficient ratings, fuck all nations. 8)

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

DB10GOONER wrote:
arseofacrow wrote:

Post of the week right there! 8) 8) Agreed 100% mate. Fuck manure, fuck the co-efficient ratings, fuck all nations. 8)
Bloody Catholics (again) will fuck anything !

You do sound a little bit obsessed, Freud would enjoy a session with you I'm sure :shock: :lol:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Herd wrote:only 2 trophies and cl ,not much to laugh about there
Trophies and glory are so overrated, it's stability (a better word than stagnation) that we all crave.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

So, 5 of the top 6 will be in the champions league next season, it'll be interesting to see how Liverpool and chelski fair. I would love us to emulate united and win the trophy. We do need a European trophy in the cabinet again.

That was united's 7th European final, we've competed in 6 over the years. We need to get to a European final. This squad has the capability, the manager doesn't.
What a sad perspective. Cheering on united because of some pathetic coeffcouple jet system.

You do realise we would actually need to drop below not only Italy but also France to lose a precious CL place? Which would be nigh-on impossible even three years down the line given the self-perpetuating nature of the coefficient system.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
arseofacrow wrote:

You do sound a little bit obsessed, Freud would enjoy a session with you I'm sure :shock: :lol:
This Freud chick - is she gonna mind being fucked? :rubchin:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Have a look at the YouTube video of Manchester United players singing " fuck off City ..fuck off home" in the dressing room last night...explodes a few misty eyed myths...

NickF

Post by NickF »

Nos89 wrote:I'm pleased united won. As a footballing nation we needed a team to win a European trophy, to keep our co-efficient ratings high..
First time I've ever seen someone concerned about the co-efficiency rating. If you have to rely on that you really shouldn't be in the competition.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
arseofacrow wrote:

Why? Does he take it up the Chuffta ? :rubchin: :wink:

Clash

Post by Clash »

Bradywasking wrote:Reading some social media comments is making me despair. A football club went to play a game two days after a barbaric atrocity in the city of that club..Rightfully the club marked that atrocity with respect.
But please end it there, social media is gone out of hand. Why should I or any supporter of any other club suddenly support Manchester United based on what happened on Monday? .
One comment I read was on the lines of United's win lifting the city but the comment was much more eloquent than that..light after darkness etc.
You know maybe the grieving people of Manchester didn't want to know or care about the game in Stockholm, did the genuine Manchester City fans suddenly think a United win would heal and lift their city?
What happened was dreadful and no decent living human could not be moved and revolted by the idea of kids attending a concert being targeted.
But as always in these times the Social Media world falls over itself to come up with even more profound tributes.More important to nail your mourning to a public mast than reflect in silence.
Colin Harvey was manager of Everton in May 1989 and in the build up to the FA Cup Final he made a telling comment on the lines of the media wanting Liverpool to win the final for the Hillsborough families and as a consequence of that Evertton would be made feel guilty if they won it.
We say life must go on, our way of life must go on or else we lose everything. In my life I never want clubs like Manchester United, Liverpool, Spurs etc to win a game let alone a trophy. Last night I wanted Manchester United to lose to Ajax because I detest Manchester United and their supporters . In my way of thinking that was not disrespectful to the victims of terrorism in Manchester. That was football and if life goes on football goes on. If the game had been postponed I would have understood but it went ahead and then it was football as normal.
Good post mate, totally agree.

The highlighted part is interesting. I wonder if that partly explains why Ajax were so incredibly timid last night? Maybe the occassion would havve got to them regardless. And Man United weren't much better to be fair, it was a terrible final to watch though.

Jake Humphrey on BT Sport called Man United's flukey opening goal ''one of the most popular goals of the season''. FFS why cant presenters just present instead of assuming they're speaking for everyone ... and with the implication that if you do not agree you are some sort of cold monster.

On the radio this morning in one breath someone said how the events on Monday show how insignificant football is and then in the next breath it was: ''Manchester has never been so United'' after the victory :roll: