The Banner

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
NickF

Re: The Banner

Post by NickF »

falkirk goon wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:Let's get ready for the new (shyte ) season - By all making some decent Banners. The softly, softly let's be nice to the clueless cun.t days are over...

Something like "FuckOFF Out Of OUR Club Wenger You Clueless Tightwad Cun.T"" :flag: :flag: :flag:
I concur wholeheartedly 8)
Fuck all this nicey nicey respectful shite,look how the boys showing those banners were treated last season :( fuck it lets get on his back from the off it's going to be a shite season anyway.
What's the point?
You have to accept that Wenger-out is the minority and that the majority (home and away) are quite happy with the situation.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

NickF wrote:
falkirk goon wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:Let's get ready for the new (shyte ) season - By all making some decent Banners. The softly, softly let's be nice to the clueless cun.t days are over...

Something like "FuckOFF Out Of OUR Club Wenger You Clueless Tightwad Cun.T"" :flag: :flag: :flag:
I concur wholeheartedly 8)
Fuck all this nicey nicey respectful shite,look how the boys showing those banners were treated last season :( fuck it lets get on his back from the off it's going to be a shite season anyway.
What's the point?
You have to accept that Wenger-out is the minority and that the majority (home and away) are quite happy with the situation.
:shock: :shock: :shock: I'm shocked Nick...

"All it takes for Evil to prevail in this world is for enough good men to do nothing. "

Keep the Faith. Yes, yes I knowwww BUT Do it Anyway. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Just remember to take body armour if displaying banners at the bowl this year folks :wink:

Oh and watch out for the Stasi.... they know who you are :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:Just remember to take body armour if displaying banners at the bowl this year folks :wink:

Oh and watch out for the Stasi.... they know who you are :barscarf:
I can remember back in the day the plod/ the clubs used to take pictures of the 'trouble makers' and they had a 'Rogues Gallery' and in that room where the RG was the safety stewards would all take a good look at the RG so that should they spot them - They could alert the plod etc - This I know because when I went on a political protest in london and got apprehended - They had a photo of me standing on the north bank with my brother - he and his mates used to get involved in the odd skirmish.

I would bet a pound to a penny they are using the same methods except now - The Stazi have all the images of whom the club have decided are undesirables/ troublemakers on their IPads/iPhones etc Besides all the other surveillance / close -up tech they use...So fcukem the *word censored*...But yes, you're right if hoisting any banner aloft that doesn't pay homage to the cuntincharge get ready for 'Bovver' from the unconscious sheeple day walkers, who were not even questioned, challenged or prevented from their filthy lowlife behaviour towards the Banner Bearers last season, and so will think they have Cart Blanche to abuse in whichever way their tiny minds and big ego's think is appropriate.

Herd

Post by Herd »

The rougues gallery , I remember it well !
I was always camera shy and made sure they never got a good smudge which infuriated the man with that long lens camera and sarge spooner .
They didnt have the name of one of ours and he refused to give it so they arrested him on a false pretext in order to put a name under it .
They were rather red faced when their chief inspector laughed and said they should really know the families of one of Islingtons all time most notorous gangsters b4 releasing him pronto .

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:The rougues gallery , I remember it well !
I was always camera shy and made sure they never got a good smudge which infuriated the man with that long lens camera and sarge spooner .
They didnt have the name of one of ours and he refused to give it so they arrested him on a false pretext in order to put a name under it .
They were rather red faced when their chief inspector laughed and said they should really know the families of one of Islingtons all time most notorous gangsters b4 releasing him pronto .
:rubchin:

If that's who I think it is, I actually drank late a few times in his wife's bar. She was Oirish. My missus' best friend was a regular in that bar for a while. Never met the guy but his reputation preceded him and his wife was a lovely girl. Her first name began with "M".

armchair

Post by armchair »

Secrets and lies 8)

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I think the banners could well be out before the end of the August, as we will almost certainly get rolled over by the Mickeys given that at this rate we'll have Sol Campbell playing at centre half and Sanogoals up front.......then the following week, the supposed 'one season wonders' of Leicester will be more than up for rolling us over.

Cue the 2011 repeat where Shit for Brains claims he isn't panic buying and proceeds to do exactly that, buying a load of second rate dross that the Chavs, Mancs and everyone else half decent has passed up the chance to buy or weren't interested in to start with. Perhaps Man U will be kind enough to send us some more of their geriatric old farts to plug up the gaps in our squad......hello Pogba, bye bye and thank you Arsenal to Carrick

Loic Remy on loan? Will Juve now have some second rate wanker they need to get off the books to make way for Higuaín?

I hope the banners are out all fucking season.....although 57,000 a-holes will no doubt boo at the bowl if they get displayed again. Its only 13 years without a decent title challenge you miserable fuckers. Real fans have real patience

Sean

Post by Sean »

Anyone would think we've all seen this before, eh SteveO? :lol: :barscarf:

Get the ban-ners out,
GET THE BANNERS OUT!
Get the ban-ners out,
GET THE BANNERS OUT!

:barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

In the light of Sunday's debacle and the groundhog day inertia as we near the end of the transfer market.....are there any banners in the pipeline for Leicester or Watford? I sense even the natives in the soulless bowl are at long, long last growing restless....we may be pushing at an open door.

NickF

Post by NickF »

Bob Bayliss wrote:In the light of Sunday's debacle and the groundhog day inertia as we near the end of the transfer market.....are there any banners in the pipeline for Leicester or Watford? I sense even the natives in the soulless bowl are at long, long last growing restless....we may be pushing at an open door.
Those that did banners last year were regularly subjected to verbal and physical abuse by AKBs. The brutal truth is that there really isn't enough people willing to get off the Arsenals and do something for it to make a difference.

Also at the "Time for Change" protest last year, the majority made it very clear that they are quite happy with what is happening by chanting Wenger's name. You reap what you sow.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

NickF wrote:
Bob Bayliss wrote:In the light of Sunday's debacle and the groundhog day inertia as we near the end of the transfer market.....are there any banners in the pipeline for Leicester or Watford? I sense even the natives in the soulless bowl are at long, long last growing restless....we may be pushing at an open door.
Those that did banners last year were regularly subjected to verbal and physical abuse by AKBs. The brutal truth is that there really isn't enough people willing to get off the Arsenals and do something for it to make a difference.

Also at the "Time for Change" protest last year, the majority made it very clear that they are quite happy with what is happening by chanting Wenger's name. You reap what you sow.
100% correct. The banners will make zero impact on Wenger or his acolytes beyond inspiring them to be louder and more physical in their support of their God. :roll:

At the end of the day, we are still viewed by the media and a lot of fans as petty, ungrateful spoiled brats. My barber the mouser fan was giving it loads on Saturday about how "lucky" we are to have Wenger and his consistency in getting us into the CL 259 years running. He reckoned any Arsenal fan that was anti Wenger because we weren't winning the PL (but qualifying for the CL) every year was not a true fan but a spoiled JCL. I tried to explain that it was this mediocre bland "consistency" and non-competitiveness that was at the root of the problem. Getting into the CL just to watch us get destroyed by the first decent team we meet gets old after 10 years of it. I tried to explain it wasn't about not winning the PL every year - fuck it I'd be more inspired by Arsenal if we got rid of Wenger and went straight into a blood and guts relegation fight than I am now. I tried to explain that we pay the highest ticket prices, we are cash and asset rich, but the manager treats the money like it's his and won't strengthen the team. I tried to explain what it's like going into every season knowing what mistakes will be made and exactly when they'll be made.

None of it got through to him. :roll:

Sean

Post by Sean »

Correct, DB. Non-Gooners just don't fucking get it. My non-Gooner pal showed signs of understanding the hate for TOF in the last couple of years, but he's gone back to defending him whenever I go off on one about him. He doesn't believe that our training is a glorified five-a-side and that TOF is a tactical non-entity even though we've made the same mistakes for over eight years :banghead:

As for the banners, I really do hope that they make an appearance sooner rather than later. I realize that it's very dangerous (which is sickening in itself, the sheer violence dished out by the AKB vermin) and all banner-bearers are heroes in my book. Ridiculous that it has come to this. Cashburton is largely enemy territory for the WOB.

NickF

Post by NickF »

You always foolishly hope that this season might be the one ToF finally might get it right, but deep down you know he won't.
Time to get the banners out again....