The ''no one is coming'' Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: The ''no one is coming'' Transfer Thread

Post by OneBardGooner »

If only either of these can come true I will be a happy man and we can begin to rebuild Arsenal AND I can regain my interest in a club and team I have followed most of my life.

Everton manager Ronald Koeman, 53, is the favourite to succeed Arsene Wenger at Arsenal. Barcelona are also keen to bring Koeman to the club. (Sunday Mirror)

Juventus manager Massimiliano Allegri, 49, has verbally agreed to take over at the Gunners if 67-year-old Arsene Wenger decides not to carry on as boss beyond this season. (Sunday Express)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

officepest wrote: I'll lay a loose-change bet with anyone on here that we'll take a loss when Sanchez leaves this summer.

Club is run backwards by such a merry bunch of incompetents it fairly boggles the mind thinking about how they've managed to slime their way into such positions.

Watch us *word censored* another £100m+ away on useless bang-averages as soon as the door shuts on this most depressing of campaigns.
This 100%.

Wenger will then phone the manager of Sanchez's new club to say "Look. He is ze brilliant player yer ner, yer gert ze bargain...." :roll: :x

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
officepest wrote: I'll lay a loose-change bet with anyone on here that we'll take a loss when Sanchez leaves this summer.

Club is run backwards by such a merry bunch of incompetents it fairly boggles the mind thinking about how they've managed to slime their way into such positions.

Watch us *word censored* another £100m+ away on useless bang-averages as soon as the door shuts on this most depressing of campaigns.
This 100%.

Wenger will then phone the manager of Sanchez's new club to say "Look. He is ze brilliant player yer ner, yer gert ze bargain...." :roll: :x
Wengers German :rubchin: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

This 100%.

:lol: :lol:

Bastard Ewok. :banghead: :box: :censored:

:D :wink: :wink:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

This 100%.

"yer ner" he sounds manc to me :shock:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

This 100%.

"yer ner" he sounds manc to me :shock:
:shock:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Re: Is it time for a Summer Transfer Window Thread Yet?

augie wrote:
Nos89 wrote:Why are people going nutty over Kante's move? He was displaced by sissokho in the French team and no one on here would want us to sign him. He's not a player we need. A striker and CB priorities

Yes and no - for starters kante was dropped for pogba who was played in the DM role and was able to show the world that he is also shit in that position too :roll: Just because deschamps drops him, it doesn't make him lacking in quality.
Yes a striker and centre back should be our absolute priorities, however unless xhaka proves to be an exceptional DM (which he certainly didn't display at the euros), we still don't have a quality ball winning and positionally sound DM
:wink: :lol:

LeftfootlegendGooner

augie wrote:
Nos89 wrote:Why are people going nutty over Kante's move? He was displaced by sissokho in the French team and no one on here would want us to sign him. He's not a player we need. A striker and CB priorities

Yes and no - for starters kante was dropped for pogba who was played in the DM role and was able to show the world that he is also shit in that position too :roll: Just because deschamps drops him, it doesn't make him lacking in quality.
Yes a striker and centre back should be our absolute priorities, however unless xhaka proves to be an exceptional DM (which he certainly didn't display at the euros), we still don't have a quality ball winning and positionally sound DM

augie

Post by augie »

augie wrote:

Not sure why you are bringing up that quote lefty :? I doubt if it is your way of saying that my predictions in that post have been proved correct (which the have 8) )

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

augie wrote:
augie wrote:

Not sure why you are bringing up that quote lefty :? I doubt if it is your way of saying that my predictions in that post have been proved correct (which the have 8) )
Oh i don't know Augie, Xhaka is pretty exceptional.............. :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

Is that not what I was saying ? :?

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

augie wrote:Is that not what I was saying ? :?
Ah see i misunderstood, i initially thought you meant exceptionally good :oops: :wink:

LeftfootlegendGooner

augie wrote:
augie wrote:

No it related to your quote about xhaka being a good player ruined by wenger :|

augie

Post by augie »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
augie wrote:Is that not what I was saying ? :?
Ah see i misunderstood, i initially thought you meant exceptionally good :oops: :wink:

I did mean that, but what I said was that he certainly didn't look like he was exceptionally good at the euro's ]- basically, even at that stage, I could see that he wasn't going to solve our problems at the DM position, and I think that has proven to be the case

LeftfootlegendGooner

augie wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
Herd wrote:We paid a total of £38 million for this clown ,and we tracked him for a year too !
Wanders around like a lost boy in a playground on his first day at school !
He appears to have no pace and can't play !
WTF ?
He looked good last summers Euros whats happened to him?

I agree with flash - sometimes we write a player off as a shit without acknowledging that said player was good before we bought him :?
This one confuses me really tbf Augie, I'm not digging you out but I did remember you saying he was average at the euros which is better than I thought he was and yes you were right but the above quotes say he was good before we bought him, explain yourself man :lol: