Oxlade-Chamberlain

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Oxlade-Chamberlain

Post by augie »

M3Gooner wrote:Reportedly wants out in summer.

Will have year left on his contract

How many people still believe the "like it" tweet was accidental ? Many of us have stated for a long time that the ox was being fcuked about by wenker, and it is clear that it is a feeling that he shares with us. For me he has been our best player by a country mile over the last 4-6 weeks, and I would be gutted if he leaves in the summer - I think that I would go so far as to say that (if wenger goes), the ox is the player I would want to keep above all others because I believe that there is a good player in him that just needs a proper coach to help him meet his potential.

Have to say that it only occurred to me again today that the ox and Wilshere's contracts also runs out in 2018 like sanchez and ozil, but there doesn't seem to be a word about renewing their contracts :shock:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Came with loads of Potential and Wenger destroyed him..He'll be off in the Summer - whilst he is still young enough - He'll go to someone like Liverpool. :?

Under a different manager he could have been excellent. :banghead:

Graham71

Post by Graham71 »

augie wrote:
M3Gooner wrote:Reportedly wants out in summer.

Will have year left on his contract

How many people still believe the "like it" tweet was accidental ? Many of us have stated for a long time that the ox was being fcuked about by wenker, and it is clear that it is a feeling that he shares with us. For me he has been our best player by a country mile over the last 4-6 weeks, and I would be gutted if he leaves in the summer - I think that I would go so far as to say that (if wenger goes), the ox is the player I would want to keep above all others because I believe that there is a good player in him that just needs a proper coach to help him meet his potential.

Have to say that it only occurred to me again today that the ox and Wilshere's contracts also runs out in 2018 like sanchez and ozil, but there doesn't seem to be a word about renewing their contracts :shock:
As i said in another post name 5 good games Ox has had in his 6 years at the club? So you think he played well at Chelsea and Liverpool and Bayern away. As for Wheelchair augie are you seriously saying we should give the White Diaby a new contract.Lets go the whole hog and give Welbeck a 5 year deal shall we? To even compare Wheelchair with Sanchez contract is bonkers.If Wheelchair wants to comeback put him on a pay per game contract.By the way his record at Bournemouth 20 +plus games one assist you couldnt make it up

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

3 months ago he was the worst player at the club. Move him to his natural position and people want to give him a 5 year contract...Bye bye Alex, good luck at Everton or Liverpool, maybe ManUre.

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

A huge talent just waiting to be coached properly, managed properly and harnessed and he would become a major asset to our club

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Thought he was absolutely fucking superb today.

When he first started getting gametime with us he looked the real deal - lightning quick off the mark, able to beat a man on both sides, hammer shot and most important fucking loved running at defenders.

That has gradually disappeared from his game but today it was back. Dependable at the back whilst skinning his full back for fun at every opportunity. Bit of an idiot with the whole social media bollocks but definitely one of the squad capable of being saved/transformed.

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

I think the RWB role really suits him. Two really good shifts the last two games.

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

All the time and investment in Theo, should have been directed to AOC. If AOC leaves us, then Wenger needs to again be held accountable for mismanagement.

Gnabry, Campbell, and perhaps now Chamberlain are all players who we have pretty much lost because Wenger keeps persisting with Walcott.

Chamberlain can actually run with the ball and turn direction. Feo on the other hand - he cant turn or deviate.

I would like to see 3 at the back, with Chamberlain and Bellerin wingbacks. However, Wenger will let us all down in time.

augie

Post by augie »

I repeat again what I have said for a long time, that if a new manager was appointed in the summer, the only one's I would desperately fight to keep are the ox and sanchez 8) Yes keeping bellerin would be helpful too, but nowhere near as important to me as the other two - as for the rest of the squad, my feelings for them range from "I'm not bothered whether they stay or not" (kos, ozil, wellbeck etc.) to "please get the fcuk out of my club" (wally, giroud, coquelin, Gabriel etc.) :roll: :oops: :oops:

I also said on yesterday's match thread, that I expect the ox to be screwed out of the team very soon - bellerin is more suited to that role than he is if I'm honest, but wenker will criminally prefer ramsey ahead of the ox in centre midfield, and he will go back to being a back up in the eyes of the senile old c.unt :evil: :evil: Let's face it, wouldn't you expect wenker to choose a guy who is all over todays papers saying how the want to win the cup for wenger (ramsey), ahead of a guy that liked a tweet seeking to get wenker out ? :lol:

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

I've always rated the Ox. The best player we ever bought from Southampton. 8)

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

olgitgooner wrote:I've always rated the Ox. The best player we ever bought from Southampton. 8)
Steve Williams ?

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

StuartL wrote:
olgitgooner wrote:I've always rated the Ox. The best player we ever bought from Southampton. 8)
Steve Williams ?
8) :barscarf:

MrT

Post by MrT »

People seem to have short term memories on here.

Ox has these same purple patches every single season, once you ignore the fact he was gash for most of the season whenever he played. Add to the fact he has a football IQ on par with Walcott so I don't blame Wenger for barely playing him. You can't teach a football IQ. I thought the consensus was CM was his ideal position, now it's RW?

All the talent in the world means fuck all if you don't have the intelligence to do something with it. If a new manager comes in then it would be worth keeping him, if it's Wenger then he will regress further and should be binned.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

He had a good 2nd half in the Semi, he has had more than his chance to cement a spot...
He is a hot and cold player, wish he did have a few more brain cells when it comes to concentration and application, another ex players son who really had all the opportunity but failed....

jmp442

Post by jmp442 »

Feel a bit sorry for him as don't think he's had the coaching he needed (like many other players) since arriving at the club. But at the same time i'm not sure he has the mentality or the brains to be at the top level.