Oxlade-Chamberlain

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Oxlade-Chamberlain

Post by DB10GOONER »

casgooner wrote:Ox out for 2 months.
Yes, but our "medical" team will see that extended. Expect him back in August. No real loss though tbh. He has been uber-shite for months. :|

augie

Post by augie »

Sean wrote:
MrT wrote:Any competent manager would have loaned him out 2-3 seasons ago to iron out the weaknesses in his game. Not even sure that would have helped all that much, he's just a slightly more talented Walcott.

If a bid for about £15m comes in they should bite their hand off.
Any competent manager would have actually coached the player, taught him about the game and improved him. Instead we have TOF telling them all nothing :(

Exactly - I still believe in the ox and believe that he is a zillion times better than his 140k per week over-hyped team-mate. In my opinion he is one of the few players that could come back and bite us if he went to play for a better manager

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Sean wrote:
MrT wrote:Any competent manager would have loaned him out 2-3 seasons ago to iron out the weaknesses in his game. Not even sure that would have helped all that much, he's just a slightly more talented Walcott.

If a bid for about £15m comes in they should bite their hand off.
Any competent manager would have actually coached the player, taught him about the game and improved him. Instead we have TOF telling them all nothing :(

Exactly - I still believe in the ox and believe that he is a zillion times better than his 140k per week over-hyped team-mate. In my opinion he is one of the few players that could come back and bite us if he went to play for a better manager
I've said it before and I still maintain Ox's biggest problem is confidence and self belief. He has great technical skill and a bit of pace, but can't seem to concentrate or pick the right option at all. That's where a top manager steps in. A better manager with top man management skills would get more from him. How much more I don't know, but certainly alot more than we are seeing at present.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Hardly a blow to our league title run in, we've managed to fuck it up with him in the team. If I was Alex I would spend the next 8 weeks watching past performances from the last two season and learn from the mistakes he still makes...get your head together Alex.

Blade

Post by Blade »

Ox does not require surgery.

Ok where have we heard this before?.

Oh yah Rvp,Csec,Wilshire

Sean

Post by Sean »

casgooner wrote:Ox out for 2 months.
Just as well.

:banghead:

blair207

Post by blair207 »

A journalist asked at the press conference yesterday if he would be OK for the Euros. I would think the nearest he'll get to the Euros is voting in the referendum.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

blair207 wrote:A journalist asked at the press conference yesterday if he would be OK for the Euros. I would think the nearest he'll get to the Euros is voting in the referendum.
Ha that's the nearest he should get. But you can bet he'll be in the squad if he's fit.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Confirmed on Sky just now by TO1AW......ruled out for another two months

Another permanent sicknote

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

What's the betting that we'll find out one day that our entire medical team suffer from Munchausen syndrome by proxy :lol: :lol:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I feel sorry for any young player joining us now.
yes they might get an opportunity earlier than at other clubs but you just know that they will end up injured sooner rather than later.

he is just another victim of Arsenal's coaching methods

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Gunner Rob wrote:I feel sorry for any young player joining us now.
yes they might get an opportunity earlier than at other clubs but you just know that they will end up injured sooner rather than later.

Not only will they end up getting injured they will also undoubtedly be played out of position as TO1AW accommodates one of his favourite sons instead.....cue a loss of form and confidence like the Ox.

A year or so ago he was in great form but was consistently overlooked and dropped back to the bench in favour of Wally or Mister Twirly

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:I feel sorry for any young player joining us now.

Not only will they end up getting injured they will also undoubtedly be played out of position as TO1AW accommodates one of his favourite sons instead.....cue a loss of form and confidence like the Ox.

A year or so ago he was in great form but was consistently overlooked and dropped back to the bench in favour of Wally or Mister Twirly

who is Mister Twirly :?: :D

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

And go where? Man City, United or Liverpool or Chelsea - youd still be on the bench.

He is only 23 for fuk sake, playing for one of the best teams in the one of two top leagues in the world, and he is annoyed because he doesnt play every week.

Rather than bitch and moan, look to Iwobi and Bellerin as evidence of what consistent classy performances can do.

What does he want to do? Move to West Ham where he can be a star player?

Wenger isnt biased against younger players like other managers are (see Iwob and Bellerin), so any player not in the team, its for a reason - your not playing well enough.