Oxlade-Chamberlain

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Oxlade-Chamberlain

Post by DB10GOONER »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:was starting to feel positive for him at one point this season, well taken goals v forest, reading and ludogorets, but that cameo against the scum was so poor that it really does look bleak for him. he just can't do it when it really matters (although tbf he scored a decent equalizer v the scum a couple of years ago iirc)

sad really, saw his interview on goals on sunday after the swansea game and he looks and sounds visibly upset at how things have turned out so far, there's no-one at the club i wish to succeed more than him, even wilshere. but it just looks like it's not meant to be, whether it's wenger or injuries i don't know.
:(
I was shocked to see his appearances and goal stats on Goals on Sunday. And tbh I think the Ox was too - he looked surprised and not in a good way either! :|

I still think a top man-manager could turn him into a real player but Wenger won't.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Wilson wrote:And go where? Man City, United or Liverpool or Chelsea - youd still be on the bench.

He is only 23 for fuk sake, playing for one of the best teams in the one of two top leagues in the world, and he is annoyed because he doesnt play every week.

Rather than bitch and moan, look to Iwobi and Bellerin as evidence of what consistent classy performances can do.

What does he want to do? Move to West Ham where he can be a star player?

Wenger isnt biased against younger players like other managers are (see Iwob and Bellerin), so any player not in the team, its for a reason - your not playing well enough.
Have to disagree with the two bits in red. Iwobi is anything but consistent. He was great at the beginning but has been terrible for weeks now. But he is still young enough and should develop hopefully into a top player.

The second bit I'm afraid is utter rubbish. Wenger has a long dark history of persistently playing players that are either total shite or going through extremely shite spells. Remember Song, Denilson, Almunia, Eboue, Bendtner etc etc were all played regularly when they were dire. Even last season Wenger persisted with Giroud for the entire second half of the season when it was obvious what limited form he had was gone. And then let's roll out Messi-Lite Ramsey... a starter every game he's fit even though he hasn't contributed anything and has been terrible for two full seasons now. :roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wilson wrote:And go where? Man City, United or Liverpool or Chelsea - youd still be on the bench.

He is only 23 for fuk sake, playing for one of the best teams in the one of two top leagues in the world, and he is annoyed because he doesnt play every week.

Rather than bitch and moan, look to Iwobi and Bellerin as evidence of what consistent classy performances can do.

What does he want to do? Move to West Ham where he can be a star player?

Wenger isnt biased against younger players like other managers are (see Iwob and Bellerin), so any player not in the team, its for a reason - your not playing well enough.
Have to disagree with the two bits in red. Iwobi is anything but consistent. He was great at the beginning but has been terrible for weeks now. But he is still young enough and should develop hopefully into a top player.

The second bit I'm afraid is utter rubbish. Wenger has a long dark history of persistently playing players that are either total shite or going through extremely shite spells. Remember Song, Denilson, Almunia, Eboue, Bendtner etc etc were all played regularly when they were dire. Even last season Wenger persisted with Giroud for the entire second half of the season when it was obvious what limited form he had was gone. And then let's roll out Messi-Lite Ramsey... a starter every game he's fit even though he hasn't contributed anything and has been terrible for two full seasons now. :roll:

1,000% CORRECT!

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

I always think he is prone to being a few pounds overweight, if you look at Walcott now he has lost all that weight and looks leaner and keener for each game...
If we are patient with him he may well just turn the corner, I don't want him to fail, but being the son of an ex pro is not easy trust me...
Let's persevere, he has got it, but like DB10 has pointed out will Wenger get it out of him? or just let him rot away and make a cameo 15-20 minute appearance when the game is dead and buried, because his last appearance as an impact sub was dire..

We need to ask ourselves about Giroud and Ramsey, don't think either fit our bill tbh....

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Allgunsblazin wrote:I always think he is prone to being a few pounds overweight, if you look at Walcott now he has lost all that weight and looks leaner and keener for each game...
If we are patient with him he may well just turn the corner, I don't want him to fail, but being the son of an ex pro is not easy trust me...
Let's persevere, he has got it, but like DB10 has pointed out will Wenger get it out of him? or just let him rot away and make a cameo 15-20 minute appearance when the game is dead and buried, because his last appearance as an impact sub was dire..

We need to ask ourselves about Giroud and Ramsey, don't think either fit our bill tbh....

If he was sold, would we miss him ? Could we replace him easily, with a player that gives us more In terms of goals, assists and work rate ?

I think we all know the answer. :rubchin:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

StuartL wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:I always think he is prone to being a few pounds overweight, if you look at Walcott now he has lost all that weight and looks leaner and keener for each game...

If he was sold, would we miss him ? Could we replace him easily, with a player that gives us more In terms of goals, assists and work rate ?

It's a tough one Stu, but if push came to shove in order for him to progress and get good one to one coaching then he should move, or better still get Wenger out!...

Blade

Post by Blade »

It costs too much to play him full 90min.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 75909.html

Midz

Post by Midz »

Blade wrote:It costs too much to play him full 90min.

How ridiculous is that?

Jeez!!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Blade wrote:It costs too much to play him full 90min.

That article is from 2013. Is that part of the contract still active I wonder...? If it is, then whichever cúnt (Gazidis it appears) signed off on it should be sacked. :x

Clash

Post by Clash »

Im amazed Oxlade-Chamberlain hasnt produced more. Especially when you see how focused he is before games:

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/6946 ... 60/video/1

:roll:

a9244320

Post by a9244320 »

would like to see him play as the rightback, as Valencia does for manutd. But he needs to improve his positioning first.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

StuartL wrote:

A player like Gnabry?
Like many many players under Wenger,I think it is the coaching he's given,I think players like Walcott,Chamberlain,Chambers and many more I can't be bothered to name would be better under another Coach,but as we know Wenger couldn't train or motivate anyone so they're fucked,look at ex-players or loaned players,they seem to perform better away from Wenger,and usually in positions they prefer.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

a9244320 wrote:would like to see him play as the rightback, as Valencia does for manutd. But he needs to improve his positioning first.
Hes a complete liability defensively as a winger. He would be a complete disaster at RB. Although at least he couldn't be much worse than he's been on the wing.

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

robbo10 wrote:
StuartL wrote:

A player like Gnabry?
Like many many players under Wenger,I think it is the coaching he's given,I think players like Walcott,Chamberlain,Chambers and many more I can't be bothered to name would be better under another Coach,but as we know Wenger couldn't train or motivate anyone so they're fucked,look at ex-players or loaned players,they seem to perform better away from Wenger,and usually in positions they prefer.
Was thinking more in terms of an upgrade

If we sold ox for £15 - £20m ( not unrealistic in today's crazy English market) plonk another £10m on top and you could get a quality player who enhances the attack, and who contributes defensively too.
Who knows we might even be able to play them for longer than 20mins :barscarf:

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

northbank123 wrote:
a9244320 wrote:would like to see him play as the rightback, as Valencia does for manutd. But he needs to improve his positioning first.
Hes a complete liability defensively as a winger. He would be a complete disaster at RB. Although at least he couldn't be much worse than he's been on the wing.
That's sorted then, ox right back till Bellerin returns