Oxlade-Chamberlain

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

Re: Oxlade-Chamberlain

Post by Nos89 »

This transfer reminds me more of Michael Thomas going to Liverpool than Ray Kennedy. The obvious difference is the lack of goals, assists and league titles he has to his name compared to the other. I'm not bothered about his transfer. At least Bellerin will now get played in his proper position.

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

This is the difference between AOC and Feo. The Ox takes his career seriously and senses he is stagnating, yet his performances were good enough that other clubs were prepared to sign him. Whilst Feo has never attracted interest and is too much of a personality lightweight to ever leave the comfort zone provided by Wenger's 'everything is ok and no one is accountable' policy.

For OX to take a pay cut and join a manager like Klopp - I cant hold it against him, and that would still apply if he went to Chelsea. Previously I loathed players who would join our rivals. FFS, if Sanchez joined Tottenham I couldnt hold it against him.

I think we nly have 4 players other clubs would bend over backwards for - Sanchez, Bellerin, Kosicleny, Lacazette. Sanchez wont even command a fee, and Kosicleny is the wrong side of 30. Bellerin & Lacazette are the only players we could sell in this transfer market for 40m+. And Lazacette hardly counts given he is a recent 50m purchase.

If he had a clean out, we wouldnt get much.

augie

Post by augie »

CloakedGooner wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:05 pm
Chamberlain quoted as saying today:- "We're in good form going into the Man City game after beating Arsenal 4-0 last week" What an utter cock :evil:

It was a tongue in cheek comment ffs - I actually found it funny :lol:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

augie wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:17 am
CloakedGooner wrote:
Chamberlain quoted as saying today:- "We're in good form going into the Man City game after beating Arsenal 4-0 last week" What an utter cock :evil:
:lol: :lol:

to be fair, that's the sort of thing I would have said too! good on him :lol:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Nos89 wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:51 am
This transfer reminds me more of Michael Thomas going to Liverpool than Ray Kennedy. The obvious difference is the lack of goals, assists and league titles he has to his name compared to the other. I'm not bothered about his transfer. At least Bellerin will now get played in his proper position.
Why on earth will Wenger play him in his "proper position"?? Wenger will probably look at this as an opportunity to "experiment"..... to get Bellerin,not playing where he thinks he wants to play, but rather where Wenger knows he should be playing.

The faith you still have in the man is stupefying.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

g88ner wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:20 am
augie wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:17 am
CloakedGooner wrote:
:lol: :lol:

to be fair, that's the sort of thing I would have said too! good on him :lol:
That comment really does show how embarrassing it was, that Wenger played him in the game. I know Wenger is a crazy bastard, and makes bizarre decisions constantly, but I still cant work out why either Ox or Sanchez played in the game, when it was likely both would be leaving the club.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

xisstential wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:56 am
Nos89 wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:51 am
Why on earth will Wenger play him in his "proper position"?? Wenger will probably look at this as an opportunity to "experiment"..... to get Bellerin,not playing where he thinks he wants to play, but rather where Wenger knows he should be playing.

The faith you still have in the man is stupefying.
It's pretty obvious Wenger was accomodating Chamberlain as he wanted him to stay. I can't recall stating anything about having faith in Wenger, since 2007. That's the year, not the time of day.

Blade

Post by Blade »

I wont be surprised if we are still paying £10000 for every match he plays more than 70mins rubbish.

canonspark

Post by canonspark »

Two things to say. Final ball

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Finally got a couple of Liverpool supporters to admit they think he's not worth £35m and he won't get in their starting eleven. So much for a good career move.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Nos89 wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:57 pm
Finally got a couple of Liverpool supporters to admit they think he's not worth £35m and he won't get in their starting eleven. So much for a good career move.
If things don't work out at L'pool, he will probably join a Europa League club(which we are at the moment) but if it does work out, then it will be a step forward in his career. The alternative is to stay at the sinking ship that we are as a club, and be managed by a crazy bastard.

NickF

Post by NickF »

Nos89 wrote:
It will be really interesting to see if he develops at Liverpool, with a 35m pricetag there are certain expectations that maybe weren't there at Arsenal.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

NickF wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:19 pm
Nos89 wrote:
It will be really interesting to see if he develops at Liverpool, with a 35m pricetag there are certain expectations that maybe weren't there at Arsenal.
Maybe, we should judge him in May :D

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Still plays crap for England & they keep on picking him. They dumped Feo & should do the same with Ox. Is Feo now our new left sided wing-back ??. :barscarf: :barscarf:

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

40 Million we stole from Liverpool will help ease the money we lost from so many bad signings.