Oxlade-Chamberlain

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Retro Gunner

Re: Oxlade-Chamberlain

Post by Retro Gunner »

cameron326 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:15 pm
A lot was said by influential voices about the poor mentality of Arsenal players after the Liverpool game, so why do top managers want them? If it was one bad apple, you could write it off, but constant collective meltdowns is too much of a coincidence. Who picks those players? Who buys them? Who organises them? Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has come in for a lot of criticism, but he was a target for Antonio Conte and Jurgen Klopp. They must have seen qualities that they think they can work with and mould into something more substantial than anything we’ve seen at Arsenal. Whose fault is it that Oxlade-Chamberlain hasn’t produced his best at the Emirates?

This in the Grauniad just now, seems ye olde Legacy is taking a bit of a battering.

I agree Cameron, that's a perfect summation by the Graun. There were no shortage of takers for the Ox amongst big clubs, so those guys are seeing something that our old clown has failed to develop. The boy showed more than enough early on, but as usual with Wenger, he was in out and out of the side (usually benched after a good performance in the previous game !) and unsurprisingly, his development was stunted, his confidence eroded (it was clear on many occassions, that when given an infrequent chance, he was trying too hard and screwing up as a result) and he stagnated or even regressed.

This is a familiar refrain at The Arsenal and gives the lie to another classic Wenger myth.....that he develops young talent. It's complete bullshit and in fact, the opposite is true and he has destroyed many young, promising careers. I won't catalogue the names, it's all been said a million times on here.

Anyway, good luck to the Ox, whether he's at Liverpool or not. The better he does, the worse it looks for the old prat.

Sean

Post by Sean »

Well said, Retro. Fair play to the kid. Why stay at this circus?

He even stung TOF and the Syrup by going to Liverpool for £5M less. It seems that being played in your proper position counts for a lot :lol:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

It's not just young talent he has squandered, some of the players who came into the team such as Arshavin and Pod were very good but their careers took huge slumps under Wenger.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:15 pm
It's not just young talent he has squandered, some of the players who came into the team such as Arshavin and Pod were very good but their careers took huge slumps under Wenger.

Yep, all true. The waste of a talent such as Arshavin was criminal. Buys him because he was brilliant as the creator playing just behind the strikers and shoves him out on the wing and anywhere but his best position. Sometimes had him up front as a lone striker and the team would often hit long, high balls for him to contend for against a 6' 3" centre half :lol: . Of course, the cretins in the bowl end up criticising the "fat arsed, lazy waster", but don't give a thought to how disenchanted and truly pissed off the player feels under Wenger's incompetence. In the end, the player gives up.

As you say, it was the same with Pod and we've seen it over and over again. In many ways, it's even more noticeable for established stars, because they've played at the top level, under top quality coaches and are suddenly amidst the anti-coaching chaos of our Class A clown. They must think they've arrived in an parallel universe !

It used to seriously piss me off.....now I just laugh and find it genuinely funny. Pathos at its very best.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I just hope The Ox tells the truth and let's everyone know about what is going on behind the scenes at the club - and Why? He left - even losing £50k (ish) a Week.

It would help in the fight to get shot of the delusional cun.t.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:35 pm
I just hope The Ox tells the truth and let's everyone know about what is going on behind the scenes at the club - and Why? He left - even losing £50k (ish) a Week.

You know what OBG, I've often thought about that and about how the players who he had pissed off, rarely, if ever *word censored* him off once they're gone. Call me cynical, but I would not be in the least bit surprised if part of their leaving is dependant on a non disclosure clause being signed, which is enforceable in law and would cost the bloke a lot of dough if he spilt his guts.

This is especially true of people that are clearly paid to fuck off and it occurred to me first with our old MD Edelman. Earning big bucks, but suddenly gone in a night of the long knives. We've never heard so much as a murmer from him. No doubt a huge payoff with massive penalty clauses if he utters a word.

worthing_gooner

Post by worthing_gooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:53 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:

You know what OBG, I've often thought about that and about how the players who he had pissed off, rarely, if ever *word censored* him off once they're gone. Call me cynical, but I would not be in the least bit surprised if part of their leaving is dependant on a non disclosure clause being signed, which is enforceable in law and would cost the bloke a lot of dough if he spilt his guts.

This is especially true of people that are clearly paid to fuck off and it occurred to me first with our old MD Edelman. Earning big bucks, but suddenly gone in a night of the long knives. We've never heard so much as a murmer from him. No doubt a huge payoff with massive penalty clauses if he utters a word.
This will never happen unfortunately. Once the player makes the move he's not going to air his dirty laundry about his old club, it'll make him appear disrespectful and bitter. Not only that, but his new club won't be best pleased that he's still talking about them like some ex you still have feelings for and can't stop talking about to your new Mrs.

Unfortunately, we have to wait until after these players have retired to get the real stories.

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

worthing_gooner wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:10 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

This will never happen unfortunately. Once the player makes the move he's not going to air his dirty laundry about his old club, it'll make him appear disrespectful and bitter. Not only that, but his new club won't be best pleased that he's still talking about them like some ex you still have feelings for and can't stop talking about to your new Mrs.

Unfortunately, we have to wait until after these players have retired to get the real stories.
Wenker will still be here in 20 years so no problem.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

worthing_gooner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

I've thought about that too Worthing and I agree entirely about those that leave but are playing elsewhere. However, after 21 years at the Club, there are plenty who it appears he pissed off, who are now retired. I bet we don't hear anything from Bouldy when he eventually goes.

I dunno, I could well be wrong, but I'm just amazed that no one has ever exposed what a chaotic circus the Club is.

Allgunsblazin

Re: Oxlade-Chamberlai

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Non Disclosure Agreements are always signed and sealed by all party's, this protects the club from dirty turncoats spilling the beans to the bitch media...
Personally I agree with them otherwise we would resemble Salems Lot...

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:57 pm
worthing_gooner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

I've thought about that too Worthing and I agree entirely about those that leave but are playing elsewhere. However, after 21 years at the Club, there are plenty who it appears he pissed off, who are now retired. I bet we don't hear anything from Bouldy when he eventually goes.

I dunno, I could well be wrong, but I'm just amazed that no one has ever exposed what a chaotic circus the Club is.
There's two camps of those players. The one's (like Worthing says) that won't bad mouth their former club because it looks bad, and the one's that genuinely still have respect and love for Wenger. We have to remember the players view all this from their view point only, not from ours. Very few of them are Arsenal fans (if any) and they only see what they think Wenger did for them - be it he extended their career, led them to winning medals, made them extremely rich, whatever. Why would they bad mouth him? Also, you have to remember, they probably meet him on regular occasions throughout the season - at games, charity and media events, dinners, etc etc.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:14 am
Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:57 pm
worthing_gooner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

There's two camps of those players. The one's (like Worthing says) that won't bad mouth their former club because it looks bad, and the one's that genuinely still have respect and love for Wenger. We have to remember the players view all this from their view point only, not from ours. Very few of them are Arsenal fans (if any) and they only see what they think Wenger did for them - be it he extended their career, led them to winning medals, made them extremely rich, whatever. Why would they bad mouth him? Also, you have to remember, they probably meet him on regular occasions throughout the season - at games, charity and media events, dinners, etc etc.

Yep DB, I do see that and agree with the points that you and Worthing make. I would, however, not place the likes of Arshavin and Pod in either of those camps and bearing in mind that he seriously fucked them both about (there were rumours that he turned against Pod after the experienced international criticised the training etc), I'm surprised that they, or someone, somewhere, hasn't exposed the farce. I suppose it speaks highly of their professionalism, or perhaps of a nice little sum transferred to a Swiss account ! @ :D :wink:

I suppose that "overall", I'm frustrated that the old fraud hasn't been exposed.....well, other than to a grubby looking, French rapper.

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

Chamberlain quoted as saying today:- "We're in good form going into the Man City game after beating Arsenal 4-0 last week" What an utter cock :evil:

oaodan

Post by oaodan »

Tried to watch some of England v Malta, Ox as shit as always.Only Kane and Alli looking like real footballers.

goonertone

Post by goonertone »

Regardless of the quotes attributed to Ox which are the usual thing for a new signing trying to ingratiate himself say at least he hasn't left for the money. He realised he was going nowhere with Monsieur Clueless and left. Meanwhile we're still stuck with the likes of Walcott!!