Oxlade-Chamberlain

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
flash gunner

Re: Oxlade-Chamberlain

Post by flash gunner »

Joining them on £60k less per week than he was offered at Arsenal..... All you need to know about the situation at Arsenal :cry:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Okay bitches, let's not lose the run of ourselves ffs.... :roll: :oops:

We are Arsenal.

Yeah good on him for getting out from under the regime of Arsene PLC but he is gone now. He ain't a Gunner anymore, he's a mouser. Fuck him. Hope he fails miserably, just as I hope EVERY mouser player fails miserably. :D 8)

GTG

Post by GTG »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:24 am
markyp wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:34 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:21 pm
worthing_gooner wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:00 pm
Liverpool have opened talks according to SSN.
Yeah just saw that. The Ox ain't the brightest if he thinks he is gonna win major trophies at the mousers. :oops: :lol: I know he is a Gerrard groupie and his >squeal swoon< dream is to be felated - oops, sorry - coached by the Great Scouse Diver, but ffs at the chav at least he'd have a chance of bagging a PL winners medal.... even if it has the words "Bought by a cúnt for cúnts" written on it... :D :wink:
regardless of what he may or may not win at Liverpool the bottom line is why would any player with an ounce of dignity want to play at Arsenal right now??? the ox is doing the right thing for sure
Partial horseshit, mate. :wink: Leaving Arsene PLC is right for any ambitious player. Going sideways to the mousers is stupid when he could go to the chav and have a good chance of winning the PL and maybe the CL in the next 2 to 3 years. He'll never win them at the mousers.
Whats better for his career though? Playing a bit part role at chelsea then being fucked off whenever they feel like it just to win some trophies or go to liverpool where they have obviously given him assurances over his playing time and position and they will try and develop him. Whos to say they cant win the league in the near future? At least they're trying too. Im not sure any English club can win the CL at the moment as all of us are miles behind the Bayern's and Madrids of this world, even PSG. So for me theres only really 1 "major" trophy any club really has a fist at.

It sounds obvious to say but you can see he is very close to his dad and he has probably been advised to go to Liverpool.

The fact hes taken a massive cut in wages to further his career gets massive respect from me. Its also the most damning indicment yet on how things currently are at the club.

Herd

Post by Herd »

The Ox's attitude and body language have sucked for 2 seasons so good riddance ,but he will improve at Liverpool where he will be coached and told what to do .
We will miss his tunnel dances !
Arsenal are shedding players all over the place but the hard to move shit remains but all is well because we are nett profitting on player transfers .
Carry on Wenger !

Block93

Post by Block93 »

I wouldn't be too taken in by the 'massive cut in wages' line, even though it serves its purpose.

If he is on a basic of £120k then with bonuses, add-ons, dodges, wheezes and scams etc he won't be far away from 'our' £180k, which was probably a total package predicated on a number of factors, which he might have struggled with.

GTG

Post by GTG »

Block93 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:01 am
I wouldn't be too taken in by the 'massive cut in wages' line, even though it serves its purpose.

If he is on a basic of £120k then with bonuses, add-ons, dodges, wheezes and scams etc he won't be far away from 'our' £180k, which was probably a total package predicated on a number of factors, which he might have struggled with.
Fair point

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Block93 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:01 am

Exactly. There's always a way around a player taking a "massive pay cut". Gooners donning some kind of RVJC-type "hero" status on the Ox for leaving is going too far for me.

To be totally honest I think he's bullshitting with the "I'm a Liverpool fan" and the "I want to be coached by Stevie Me" bollocks. He probably knows in his heart and soul he has a hell of a lot more chance of getting into, and staying in, the mouser starting 11 than he does the chav starting 11. Liverpool are like Arsenal, a stagnant club living on past glories, but with a slightly less shit manager. :roll:

To paraphrase the great Alan Partridge - they are as moribund as we are. :lol: :wink:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

He's unlikely to be a regular there anyway, they have Salah and Mane already in the first team as wingers/attacking midfielders. They have just signed Keita for 70m odd so with Ox (not to mention Coutinho who they will sell in the next year for mega money) as well they have 4 players wanting the creative/attacking midfield place(s). I can see the Ox getting pissed off pretty quickly!!

NickF

Post by NickF »

Herd wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:46 am
The Ox's attitude and body language have sucked for 2 seasons so good riddance
Seriously? Could have sworn this forum was singing his praises a number of times last season.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

NickF wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:34 am
Herd wrote:
Seriously? Could have sworn this forum was singing his praises a number of times last season.
Are you sure you mean this forum, Nick? The only punter I can recall regularly and really singing his praises was augie... which let's be honest is the kiss of death... :lol: :wink:

I think the stuff posted on here has probably reflected Ox's performances over the last couple seasons - some positives, but more negatives.

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

5 Million or 7 million a year who cares. Bottom line is the Ox is a very good, exciting footballer with great potential who is/was stagnating at a stagnating directionless football club. Good luck to him.

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

A lot was said by influential voices about the poor mentality of Arsenal players after the Liverpool game, so why do top managers want them? If it was one bad apple, you could write it off, but constant collective meltdowns is too much of a coincidence. Who picks those players? Who buys them? Who organises them? Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has come in for a lot of criticism, but he was a target for Antonio Conte and Jurgen Klopp. They must have seen qualities that they think they can work with and mould into something more substantial than anything we’ve seen at Arsenal. Whose fault is it that Oxlade-Chamberlain hasn’t produced his best at the Emirates?

This in the Grauniad just now, seems ye olde Legacy is taking a bit of a battering.

Herd

Post by Herd »

NickF wrote:
Herd wrote:
He was deffo better playing wing back in a few games back end last season BUT .
Previous season me n the boy went to West Spam games 1st match and he stank the place out ,wouldn't track back wouldn't tackle .
Made my blood boil !

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Herd wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:34 pm
NickF wrote:
Herd wrote:
He was deffo better playing wing back in a few games back end last season BUT .
Previous season me n the boy went to West Spam games 1st match and he stank the place out ,wouldn't track back wouldn't tackle .
Made my blood boil !

Yeah had potential never materialised under Wenger.....wonder why???

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Fuck him: fuck Liverpool and fuck Arsene.

Takes a massive wage drop to get away from Wenker. Says it all.