Oxlade-Chamberlain

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
robbo10

Re: Oxlade-Chamberlain

Post by robbo10 »

StuartL wrote:
robbo10 wrote:
StuartL wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:I always think he is prone to being a few pounds overweight, if you look at Walcott now he has lost all that weight and looks leaner and keener for each game...
If we are patient with him he may well just turn the corner, I don't want him to fail, but being the son of an ex pro is not easy trust me...
Let's persevere, he has got it, but like DB10 has pointed out will Wenger get it out of him? or just let him rot away and make a cameo 15-20 minute appearance when the game is dead and buried, because his last appearance as an impact sub was dire..

We need to ask ourselves about Giroud and Ramsey, don't think either fit our bill tbh....

If he was sold, would we miss him ? Could we replace him easily, with a player that gives us more In terms of goals, assists and work rate ?

I think we all know the answer. :rubchin:
A player like Gnabry?
Like many many players under Wenger,I think it is the coaching he's given,I think players like Walcott,Chamberlain,Chambers and many more I can't be bothered to name would be better under another Coach,but as we know Wenger couldn't train or motivate anyone so they're fucked,look at ex-players or loaned players,they seem to perform better away from Wenger,and usually in positions they prefer.
Was thinking more in terms of an upgrade

If we sold ox for £15 - £20m ( not unrealistic in today's crazy English market) plonk another £10m on top and you could get a quality player who enhances the attack, and who contributes defensively too.
Who knows we might even be able to play them for longer than 20mins :barscarf:
Personally I'd like to see Chamberlain flourish at Arsenal,I just dont see it under Wenger,I think he can progress given the chance I really do,I just dont see him getting game time other than the 10-15 minutes he currently gets,which probably dont help his confidence.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

I want him to succeed, but he is fast becoming an enigma at Arsenal.
I agree Wenger has not helped but the player needs to address these issues ASAP....

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

Midz wrote:
Blade wrote:It costs too much to play him full 90min.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 75909.html

How ridiculous is that?

Jeez!!
That is pretty ridiculous I would agree. Says something about the team at Arsenal to whom are doing our deals I guess. But in the grand scheme of things it's peanuts in this day and age with the money washing about in the P.L.

Still the OX needs 6-8 games before he could be judged in my mind. I say it again our team is built around Ozil so that has a effect on other players. When our team was moulded around DB10, the players adapted themselves before & during matches.

Players today just cannot do that I am sorry to say.. Ramsey is a good example.

Blade

Post by Blade »

Well done Alex.

More please.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Admire his honesty at his interview, he has a lot to work on, but he will need loads of gametime not just 20 minutes here or there....

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Allgunsblazin wrote:Admire his honesty at his interview, he has a lot to work on, but he will need loads of gametime not just 20 minutes here or there....
What did he say ?

I recall a couple of years back him saying that the whole team needed to follow Alexis' example of working so hard and yet two years on we still have passengers in each match.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

bergkamp10 wrote:
Midz wrote:
Blade wrote:It costs too much to play him full 90min.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 75909.html

How ridiculous is that?

Jeez!!
That is pretty ridiculous I would agree. Says something about the team at Arsenal to whom are doing our deals I guess. But in the grand scheme of things it's peanuts in this day and age with the money washing about in the P.L.

Still the OX needs 6-8 games before he could be judged in my mind. I say it again our team is built around Ozil so that has a effect on other players. When our team was moulded around DB10, the players adapted themselves before & during matches.

Players today just cannot do that I am sorry to say.. Ramsey is a good example.
Might finally explain why the lad has been criminally mismanaged - more than any other player I can remember in my opinion. A couple of years ago it was blatantly obvious that he was better than either Wally or Twirly out wide on the right, but TO1AW restricted him to cameo appearances during which he showed more than those 2 put together. Sure, he has lost his way since then but I absolutely believe he should have been a regular by now and possibly one of the best players in the country.....but he knew no matter how well he played, he would be behind those two lame ducks the following week

I think he'll leave within the next year and go on to be a really good player at another Premier League club

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Had to wait a couple of years until he had hit Rolex bottom form to get a regular spot in the side. Farcical.

Kypie1990

Post by Kypie1990 »

He need to make his final ball better and make better decisions on the ball, also he needs more conviction in his shots! He's hit a bit of form at the minute and he's only young so still has a chance to become a decent player! More consistency needed though!

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

StuartL wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:Admire his honesty at his interview, he has a lot to work on, but he will need loads of gametime not just 20 minutes here or there....
What did he say ?

I recall a couple of years back him saying that the whole team needed to follow Alexis' example of working so hard and yet two years on we still have passengers in each match.
Just said it took him a while to get into the game, by his expression and I am pretty good on body language, all is not well for such a young man, who really should be enjoying his football.
I will give him a wide berth and not criticise the lad anymore...
He needs loads of game time, in order to improve himself and that includes starting....

Blade

Post by Blade »

I recall watching his father play.

Pace,strength,skill,bottle,un-unflappable temperament.

Superb.If only he was cloned.

Blade

Post by Blade »

Welcome back Alex.

Revert to type.

Blade

Post by Blade »

Did he just hurl his shirt at the bench?

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

Blade wrote:Did he just hurl his shirt at the bench?
If he did he probably missed

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

greengooner wrote:
Blade wrote:Did he just hurl his shirt at the bench?
If he did he probably missed
:lol: :lol: