Oxlade-Chamberlain

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Blade

Re: Oxlade-Chamberlain

Post by Blade »

Ox actually played well.

No stupid take ons.
A lot of two-touch then pass.
No turning into trouble.[well just twice]
Good variety of forward passing.
A lot of honest tracking back.

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

There's a player in there somewhere. Just needs coaxing out and proper management..............oh well!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

The Ox had a great game with some brilliant passes, but it was against a really shit side that gave him all the room and time in the world. He is a technically sound player with a good range of passes but he has a problem with his confidence and decision making I think, thus in the high pressure games against good sides he often looks lost.

I still believe a good manager could get the best from him, but Wenger ain't that man... :|

Peeman

Post by Peeman »

There is no incentive for players to play well. The Ox was great the other day but will not start Tuesday.

There is no disincentive when players play bad. Ramsey has stunk the place out for ages now and he will start on Tuesday.

Perez got a hat-trick and was benched the next game :shock:

There are loads of examples of this down through the years and its just beyond belief sometimes.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Peeman wrote:There is no incentive for players to play well. The Ox was great the other day but will not start Tuesday.

There is no disincentive when players play bad. Ramsey has stunk the place out for ages now and he will start on Tuesday.

Perez got a hat-trick and was benched the next game :shock:

There are loads of examples of this down through the years and its just beyond belief sometimes.
This is very true under modern Wenger. Giroud went through a dry spell last season that made the Sahara desert look wet as fuck and Wenger played him every game he was fit. The Welsh Messi has been shit for years and he is still the first name on the team sheet when fit. Then you get players like Perez and the Ox who will have a good game and get benched for months on end, destroying whatever confidence they had after that good game... :roll: It used to be the best players, the ones on form retained their place in the starting 11, and when their form dropped they got dropped and a reserve or benched player got a shot... now it's basically Wenger staying loyal to his favourites... no matter what... :roll: :|

Blade

Post by Blade »

here is no incentive for players to play well. The Ox was great the other day but will not start Tuesday.

I concur.

And what does it do to the physce of young millionaires when they are told 4 prize is enough no need to do anymore.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Nos89 wrote:It annoys me when players who have struggled with injuries then harp on lack of first team opportunities. I like Chamberlain but he cant stay fit for more than 6 weeks at a time. Also, I think he's a midfielder not a winger. Best game I've seen him play was against Utd about 3 seasons ago through the middle and he was dynamic. With Carzola out I would give him a go in his place.
Only been two years but wenger's finally caught up with my opinion of Chamberlain. Imagine how good I would be if i'd been working in football for the last 30 years... :barscarf: :barscarf:

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Oxlaide Camberlain is our mate is our mate is our mate Oxlaide Chamberlain is our mate he hates Wenger!! :D. Allegedly

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Another player whose football career is destined to drift disappointingly under Wenger, although his more important social media career is doing fantastically well.

As a promising youngster breaking through it didn't matter how lively he looked because he would always be benched for the likes of Walcott, Arshavin, Gervinho etc whenever they were fit.

Then he could barely get himself dropped for two years despite playing like shit. Now Wenger maybe thinks he might be better in a diffeeent position actually. He's getting worse by the season.

Still think it was criminal not to give Gnabry a chance. The bloke looked good and did nothing wrong when he was given an opportunity a few years back but like a young Ox he was cast aside once underperforming senior players came back. Never got another shot and Wenger stitched him up by loaning him out to the biggest wanker about.

augie

Post by augie »

Does anybody believe the "I don't even realise I did the like tweet" excuse he has come out with ? The sunday supplement guys said this morning that he doesn't follow arsenalfantv on twitter, therefore he would have had to purposely go looking for it to "like it" - personally I don't do twitter, but I am intrigued by this story and am wondering if the first signs of discontent are beginning to show :rubchin:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

augie wrote:Does anybody believe the "I don't even realise I did the like tweet" excuse he has come out with ? The sunday supplement guys said this morning that he doesn't follow arsenalfantv on twitter, therefore he would have had to purposely go looking for it to "like it" - personally I don't do twitter, but I am intrigued by this story and am wondering if the first signs of discontent are beginning to show :rubchin:
haha wishful thinking Augie but seriously, it's surely a non-story? :lol:

there's no way in the world he would intentionally like something on twitter that called for his boss to be sacked... especially when he's finally playing in the position he's always craved!! :o (admittedly he's playing CM because we have no other choice but he's still playing, so why shoot himself in the foot?). He may have read it (hell, he may even agree with it) but like it, knowing how quickly everyone would notice and make a story of it? - no way :lol:

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

I think the jury is out on whether he meant to 'like' the tweet or not.

Possibly careless fingers; more likely a Freudian slip.

M3Gooner

Post by M3Gooner »

I wouldn't read much into it either. I wasn't aware of the stuff I liked on twitter myself the other week :shock:

Ox was our only decent outfield performer (started) yesterday

M3Gooner

Post by M3Gooner »

Reportedly wants out in summer.

Will have year left on his contract

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

M3Gooner wrote:Reportedly wants out in summer.

Will have year left on his contract
Well at least he still has ambition, coz he ain't gonna get it with this miserable twat!...