c***s AKA the scum

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: c***s AKA the scum

Post by StuartL »

Clash wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:the inevitability of meeting these fuckers at wembley is dawning on me. fuck i hope it's in the semi if it happens at all. my heart would give out if we had to take the *word censored* on in a final.
That semi final in 93 was one of the toughest games I ever experienced. Losing in 91 (and the subsequent 'we beat the scum 3-1 song) was something I never thought we would get revenge for .... so to get that chance just 2 years later was incredible. I just couldnt take the thought of losing again though so I was a wreck in the build up and during the entire game. The relief at the end when we had won was like nothing I had experienced before.

But then of course came 2001 and it all started over again. Losing and going 2-1 down in FAC semi's would have been devastating. Fortunately at the time we were far superior to them and it showed. Although the amount of chances we kept missing made me think it might be their day.

If we get them again this season then I would hope the phobia they seem to have developed from playing at Wembley will save us. I'd rather just avoid them completely though.
Loved that 2001 semi, we lorded it over them good and proper that day, despite going 1-0 down - it was Sols last appearance for them too :barscarf:

The 1991 semi, I was sooo confident of winning, no nerves, we were far better as a team than them but we were piss poor on the day.

93 was sweet revenge, as you say just 2 short years putting the record straight.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Clash wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:the inevitability of meeting these fuckers at wembley is dawning on me. fuck i hope it's in the semi if it happens at all. my heart would give out if we had to take the *word censored* on in a final.
That semi final in 93 was one of the toughest games I ever experienced. Losing in 91 (and the subsequent 'we beat the scum 3-1 song) was something I never thought we would get revenge for .... so to get that chance just 2 years later was incredible. I just couldnt take the thought of losing again though so I was a wreck in the build up and during the entire game. The relief at the end when we had won was like nothing I had experienced before.

But then of course came 2001 and it all started over again. Losing and going 2-1 down in FAC semi's would have been devastating. Fortunately at the time we were far superior to them and it showed. Although the amount of chances we kept missing made me think it might be their day.

If we get them again this season then I would hope the phobia they seem to have developed from playing at Wembley will save us. I'd rather just avoid them completely though.
remember the first one that Gazza goal, second one was Adams getting the winner, yes agree with that i was totally wound up all game for that one, think everyone was......
great day that.....

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Redarmy wrote:
Clash wrote:

remember the first one that Gazza goal, second one was Adams getting the winner, yes agree with that i was totally wound up all game for that one, think everyone was......
great day that.....
I also think we're nailed on to get them but cant quite escape the feeling that it will be Maureen or the Chavs who will finish Wanker off. You know, just once more for old times' sake.
That second Wembley semi and the semi at Old Trafford were heart-attack matches. The win in 1993 was pure magic and I remember the "It only took us two years" song being sung for what felt like days afterwards. We got the tube home after the game and I have a memory of Rayners Lane station being like a party with people dancing and hugging each other. The 2001 game we should have won about 6-0 but kept missing chance after chance after chance until Pires got that winner.
I think I'm right in remembering too that both games had about six or seven minutes of stoppage time. These days, we'd have conceded.

Blood_Gooner

Post by Blood_Gooner »

Everton charged with saving footie today. Beyond nauseating listening to the pundits and commentary team waxing lyrically on about the swamp dwellers and their coming to an end at their 'historic' WHL. Historic indeed, yeah, considering we won the league on their patch more times than them. Fuck off!

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

Scum winning 1-0 :censored:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

wilko49er wrote:Scum winning 1-0 :censored:
Make that 2-0. A gift from Everton.

We're 6pts behind Sp*rs now and Chavs might be 16pts ahead tomorrow... we do have a game in hand vs. Southampton (a) though.

Be careful what you wish for people :suicide:

Blood_Gooner

Post by Blood_Gooner »

Just fuck off, football! :censored:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I honestly (but regrettably) think it is something we need to prepare ourselves for - that in order to help scrape the barnacle that is wenger from the ship that is THE Arsenal - we will have to undergo the humiliation and frustration of finishing below those scumfilthbags...

Gee thanks wenger you hatefulcunT :banghead: :cussing:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

OneBardGooner wrote:I honestly (but regrettably) think it is something we need to prepare ourselves for - that in order to help scrape the barnacle that is wenger from the ship that is THE Arsenal - we will have to undergo the humiliation and frustration of finishing below those scumfilthbags...

Gee thanks wenger you hatefulcunT :banghead: :cussing:
Totally agree unfortunately.A couple of times we've pipped these ringpieces on the last day and to be honest I think it's added to the problem,in that it's made shite seasons seem ok in the eyes of the masses.Celebrating top3 or top4 is the level of these fannies it should never be our level. 2nd-17th who gives a fuck..1st should be all that matters at a club like ours.

slevinlacey

Post by slevinlacey »

What's that chant they sing?

Trying to make it out, sounds like

The thing I love most is finding a quid,
Finding a quid (repeat)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

slevinlacey wrote:What's that chant they sing?

Finding a quid (repeat)
I think it rhymes with "quid"... :shock:

:lol: :wink:

slevinlacey

Post by slevinlacey »

DB10GOONER wrote:

Finding a quid (repeat)

Apologies.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

:rubchin:
slevinlacey wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Finding a quid (repeat)

Apologies.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

Finding a quid (repeat)
Is that about Levy?

:wink:

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Some things in life just make you smile and forget about all your troubles!! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUMHlL3nMDc