Arsenal's "British core"

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Chippy

Re: Arsenal's "British core"

Post by Chippy »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
arseofacrow wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:.but why should he worry, he'll be made up within a year
little bit of scouse talk there mate.

:shock: :wink:

By the way, if anyone doesn't like Ramsey, they don't like football.

:rubchin: :barscarf:
I personally feel that since Ramsey had his excellent season he has become too much of a primma dona, he always tries to get into the action even if it is to the detriment of other players.

Too often he makes runs which clash with other players, or takes a ball into dead ends rather than seeing the space available either to play a pass or make a move with the ball to draw out defenders and make space for others. Too often dwells on the ball and then is closed down and ends up having to go sideways or backwards. I wont argue he doesn't put in a lot of effort but effort only counts when it is useful and too often it isn't.

Maybe he's trying too hard, or he feels he has something to prove but for me he needs to tone it back and play as a team player and not as an individual so much.

Jack is a player i actually like but unfortunately has a near permanent sick note and therefore needs to be let go, physically he's just not strong enough to play the role he's given.

Chambers had/has potential but as said above i think his confidence was shot to hell last season and he needs a good loan spell with regular playing to get it back, if he stays here he'll keep getting fed to the wolves at crucial moments. He is still young and has time to develop, hopefully it wont take 10 years and he'll actually get there unlike some.

Ox, Gibbs and Theo all fall into the category of had potential but have squandered it and are not good enough to play for us.
I think he (Ramsey) thinks he is the new Beckham. :x

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

arseofacrow wrote:
Robin_L wrote:Wenger's signed better players than the BritishCore, thus keeping them out the team.

Is that not a good thing? Can't really bash Wenger for doing what you secretly want to happen. Dear oh dear the logic around this gaff at times.

Wenger hasn't failed the BritishCore, they've just been displaced by a higher calibre.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You just get better and better. Keep it up.

:barscarf:
What do you expect me to say, when people moan about Wenger's "mismanagement" of our good old British boys. Yeah mismanagement that is signing two fucking worldies in Sanchez and Ozil to ease them out the team.

It really is as risible a line of thought as the idea that Wenger's somehow fucked up Jack Wilshere's career, rather than his body just not being up the task.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Robin_L wrote:
arseofacrow wrote:
Robin_L wrote:Wenger's signed better players than the BritishCore, thus keeping them out the team.

Is that not a good thing? Can't really bash Wenger for doing what you secretly want to happen. Dear oh dear the logic around this gaff at times.

Wenger hasn't failed the BritishCore, they've just been displaced by a higher calibre.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You just get better and better. Keep it up.

:barscarf:
What do you expect me to say, when people moan about Wenger's "mismanagement" of our good old British boys. Yeah mismanagement that is signing two fucking worldies in Sanchez and Ozil to ease them out the team.

It really is as risible a line of thought as the idea that Wenger's somehow fucked up Jack Wilshere's career, rather than his body just not being up the task.
You found perhaps 1 person with that train of thought on Jack Wilshire, when most people think it's Jack's style of play.

And how much did Wenger spend on these British kids with unneccessarily huge salries?

You have to look at things as a whole. Otherwise you're just as bad as the people who you criticise.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Fantastic work from Wenger to spunk away over 10m a year in wages on this group of average players even though they can't make the line-up of a 4th placed side.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Chippy wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:
arseofacrow wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:.but why should he worry, he'll be made up within a year
little bit of scouse talk there mate.

:shock: :wink:

By the way, if anyone doesn't like Ramsey, they don't like football.

:rubchin: :barscarf:
I personally feel that since Ramsey had his excellent season he has become too much of a primma dona, he always tries to get into the action even if it is to the detriment of other players.

Too often he makes runs which clash with other players, or takes a ball into dead ends rather than seeing the space available either to play a pass or make a move with the ball to draw out defenders and make space for others. Too often dwells on the ball and then is closed down and ends up having to go sideways or backwards. I wont argue he doesn't put in a lot of effort but effort only counts when it is useful and too often it isn't.

Maybe he's trying too hard, or he feels he has something to prove but for me he needs to tone it back and play as a team player and not as an individual so much.

Jack is a player i actually like but unfortunately has a near permanent sick note and therefore needs to be let go, physically he's just not strong enough to play the role he's given.

Chambers had/has potential but as said above i think his confidence was shot to hell last season and he needs a good loan spell with regular playing to get it back, if he stays here he'll keep getting fed to the wolves at crucial moments. He is still young and has time to develop, hopefully it wont take 10 years and he'll actually get there unlike some.

Ox, Gibbs and Theo all fall into the category of had potential but have squandered it and are not good enough to play for us.
I think he (Ramsey) thinks he is the new Beckham. :x
Personally, I think it's more Bale who he is keen to try and emulate, to be the hero/ pin up boy(o) of Wales.

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

It seems possible that Der Kloppmeister will sell Daniel Sturridge this summer. Wenger needs to be as ruthless with Jacky Boy and sell him for whatever someone's prepared to chuck our way. Problem is I can't see who would come in for Wilshere, don't think he has it in him to play for a foreign club.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Robin_L wrote:It seems possible that Der Kloppmeister will sell Daniel Sturridge this summer. Wenger needs to be as ruthless with Jacky Boy and sell him for whatever someone's prepared to chuck our way. Problem is I can't see who would come in for Wilshere, don't think he has it in him to play for a foreign club.
We've missed the boat with that one. Under Rodgers they would have probably snapped up Wilshere and Walcott last summer and paid us 40-50m for the privilege as well as taking 200k a week off our wage bill. Now nobody will touch Wilshere with a barge pole and Walcott is never going to find another club to overpay him so absurdly and put up with his deluded notion of being a good striker.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

northbank123 wrote:
Robin_L wrote:It seems possible that Der Kloppmeister will sell Daniel Sturridge this summer. Wenger needs to be as ruthless with Jacky Boy and sell him for whatever someone's prepared to chuck our way. Problem is I can't see who would come in for Wilshere, don't think he has it in him to play for a foreign club.
We've missed the boat with that one. Under Rodgers they would have probably snapped up Wilshere and Walcott last summer and paid us 40-50m for the privilege as well as taking 200k a week off our wage bill. Now nobody will touch Wilshere with a barge pole and Walcott is never going to find another club to overpay him so absurdly and put up with his deluded notion of being a good striker.
We're more likely to take Sturridge from them, especially if the treatment room is freed up by the departures of some of its favourite sons this Summer !

Offside

Post by Offside »

Time to revive this thread.

So Gibbs (how the hell did he last TEN years at Arsenal? :shock: ) and the Ox have gone, having failed to develop one iota at Arsenal. The real fear is that Klopp actually turns the Ox into a proper footballer and highlight all Wenger's deficiencies in developing talent.

Chambers, Walcott, Wilshere, Ramsey and Welbeck are still hanging around like a collective bad smell. Jenkinson can't be sold because nobody is mad enough to give him the ridiculous money he's on at Arsenal.

Leave now Rob Holding when you still have the chance.

RobG

Post by RobG »

It will be interesting to see how the Ox develops - if at all ? But if he does blossom under Klopp, that will conclusively prove that Wenger can't blow up a balloon any more, yet alone develop football talent.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

RobG wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:32 am
It will be interesting to see how the Ox develops - if at all ? But if he does blossom under Klopp, that will conclusively prove that Wenger can't blow up a balloon any more, yet alone develop football talent.
And if he don't it'll prove Arsene is the greatest manager of all time and no-one can polish a turd,and all the AKB'sare right and we are wrong :suicide:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Gibbs, Ramsey , Jenkinson, Wiltshire, Ramsey, Iwobi, Elneny, Coquelin and xaha all not title winning quality IMO

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

robbo10 wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:26 pm
RobG wrote:
And if he don't it'll prove Arsene is the greatest manager of all time and no-one can polish a turd,and all the AKB'sare right and we are wrong :suicide:
Yeah AKB logic, forgetting of course that Wenger signed him for £15M (a lot at the time) when he was about 18?.

:banghead:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:24 pm
robbo10 wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:26 pm
RobG wrote:
Yeah AKB logic, forgetting of course that Wenger signed him for £15M (a lot at the time) when he was about 18?.

:banghead:
How much "potential" has the old fraud bought over the years only to sell it on for a loss,the Anelka deal was the worst thing that happened to Arsenal because silly bollocks actually thought he was a wheeler dealer,when in truth the c*nt is nothing better than a used car salesman trying to buy a rare Ferrari for 200 quid and sell it for 35 million.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Redarmy wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:52 pm
Gibbs, Ramsey , Jenkinson, Wiltshire, Ramsey, Iwobi, Elneny, Coquelin and xaha all not title winning quality IMO
I concur,they are all absolute shite :oops:
They are all West Hammy West Brommy Watfordy :D level type players..and the fact you've named Ramsey twice :barscarf: must mean you think he's doubly shite 8)