Arsenal's "British core"

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Jumpers For Goalposts

Re: Arsenal's "British core"

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

All those failed projects - Kind of makes you wonder if Wenger might be the problem doesn't it ?? :lol:

No - can't be him. He's been in football more than 30 years and he's a feckin' genius. Must be everybody else . . . . . . . .

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:01 am
I know it shouldn't really matter where a player comes from and Lord knows being Oirish I shouldn't care, but I just think an Ingerlish/British club should have at least a core (if not a majority) of their players from Ingerland/Britain, same as a Spanish club should have a core of Spanish players.

We've had this discussion on here numerous times and I hold with the theory that the British grass roots youth training system is poor and needs to be revised as the general quality of young British players coming through is poor, with the odd exception.

Also, these kids that come through have a couple of good games at 17, 18 or 19 years old and get put on mega-contracts that make them millionaires by 20. This is ridiculous and kills the motivation of so many of them as they think "I've made it because I is rich init." :roll:

Put the pampered lazy little fuckers back to cleaning the boots of the senior players and wage cap them at £1000 a week until they hit 23.

Sorted. 8) :wink:
The disappointing thing with our British core is that, (surprise! Surprise!) they haven't been coached to a high level. They seem to need more directive coaching.
They were also probably promised the world and got put out on loan.
Technically, I think they are good but seem to lack the discipline and determination to push ahead. Not sure if it's a confidence thing. But it does seem at Arsenal fans seem to be more critical of our English/ British players then our imported players.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Here's a quote from The Dennis about the Ingerlish/British players he played with;

"...we were successful because of our English defenders. They put the spirit in the team, which the Europeans lacked. They would say, "Get stuck in!" and all sorts of other phrases. I loved it, especially: "How much do you want it?" I thought about it. It stuck with me. Do you really want it more than the opponent? How much are you prepared to give? How much time do you want to put in to become better? It's the English warrior tradition; a moral code. We go out together and we're going to give 100 per cent."

Adams, Bould, Keown, Parlour, Dixon, Winterburn, Wrighty... all hungry ambitious players that gave 100% and were fearless on the pitch.

Compare to;

Ramsey, Gibbs, Wilshere, Jenko, Ox... :|

worthing_gooner

Post by worthing_gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:37 am
Here's a quote from The Dennis about the Ingerlish/British players he played with;

"...we were successful because of our English defenders. They put the spirit in the team, which the Europeans lacked. They would say, "Get stuck in!" and all sorts of other phrases. I loved it, especially: "How much do you want it?" I thought about it. It stuck with me. Do you really want it more than the opponent? How much are you prepared to give? How much time do you want to put in to become better? It's the English warrior tradition; a moral code. We go out together and we're going to give 100 per cent."

Adams, Bould, Keown, Parlour, Dixon, Winterburn, Wrighty... all hungry ambitious players that gave 100% and were fearless on the pitch.

Compare to;

Completely agree, but I would say that in fairness that coincides with a general decline in English footballers anyway. The national team today isn't a patch on the national team of old... mainly due to the number of scum players in there :lol:

Jumpers For Goalposts

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:37 am

Compare to;

Something has just struck me, many years too late - - - - - all of the English players mentioned were central to Wenger's early success but they would never have been signed by him. Not in a million years!!

And what Dennis said sums up totally where Wenger has gone wrong ever since. You can't have a team full of tippy tappy, bottle job midgets.

Well ----- you can, but you'll win sweet fuck all !!

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:45 pm
falkirk goon wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:55 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:52 pm
Gibbs, Ramsey , Jenkinson, Wiltshire, Ramsey, Iwobi, Elneny, Coquelin and xaha all not title winning quality IMO
I concur,they are all absolute shite :oops:
They are all West Hammy West Brommy Watfordy :D level type players..and the fact you've named Ramsey twice :barscarf: must mean you think he's doubly shite 8)

Have to say Red, you're about 15 players light in that list :wink: .

Oh and Falkirk, can I just mention Ramsey again, because I think he's "trebly" shite !!! :lol:
I think Ramsey is quadrupley shite :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

falkirk goon wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:46 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
falkirk goon wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
Gibbs, Ramsey , Jenkinson, Wiltshire, Ramsey, Iwobi, Elneny, Coquelin and xaha all not title winning quality IMO
They are all West Hammy West Brommy Watfordy :D level type players..and the fact you've named Ramsey twice :barscarf: must mean you think he's doubly shite 8)

Oh and Falkirk, can I just mention Ramsey again, because I think he's "trebly" shite !!! :lol:
Quintupley shite! :barscarf: :lol:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:52 pm
falkirk goon wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:46 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
falkirk goon wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

Quintupley shite! :barscarf: :lol:
He's looks like a bit of a quint *spelling* :D in that flatcap photo :oops:

Midz

Post by Midz »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:29 pm
All those failed projects - Kind of makes you wonder if Wenger might be the problem doesn't it ?? :lol:

No - can't be him. He's been in football more than 30 years and he's a feckin' genius. Must be everybody else . . . . . . . .
He was only meant to be in it for 1 year.
Those other 29 he just refused to go! :barscarf:

Sean

Post by Sean »

We'd never buy another Ian Wright or David Seaman, or produce another Tony Adams, Paul Merson or Ray Parlour under this bastard regime. We just buy mainly soft wankers and release all our youth team pubbers. No coaching, no organisation :censored:

Jumpers For Goalposts

One word - - - - -

FRIMPONG :coffeespit:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:34 pm
One word - - - - -

Christ.... :shock: Which one was he again? The one that had the line of T-Shirts? Or the one that was a part time wannabe DJ? Or the one with the fucking moronic catchphrase "DENCH"? :oops: :roll:

All three? :rubchin:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

One word - - - - -

Oh God I had forgotten about him...I will be having nightmares for months now..Thank you ..

NickF

Post by NickF »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:48 am
One word - - - - -

Christ.... :shock: Which one was he again? The one that had the line of T-Shirts? Or the one that was a part time wannabe DJ? Or the one with the fucking moronic catchphrase "DENCH"? :oops: :roll:

He was the dench fella.
Frimpong's only redeeming features was that he gave Nasri the middle finger and wanted to fight him. Other than that, he was shit.

Jumpers For Goalposts

NickF wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:06 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:48 am
One word - - - - -

He was the dench fella.
Frimpong's only redeeming features was that he gave Nasri the middle finger and wanted to fight him. Other than that, he was shit.
Proper shit!! He's currently on his 3rd club in 2017 alone and is plying his trade for Ermis Aradippou in that European footballing powerhouse of - - - - Cyprus :lol:

And he is still to register his first professional goal. Wenger has such an eye for a young player doesnt he ????