Arsenal's "British core"

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Henry Norris 1913

Re: Arsenal's "British core"

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:56 pm
NickF wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:06 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:48 am
Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:34 pm
One word - - - - -

FRIMPONG :coffeespit:
Christ.... :shock: Which one was he again? The one that had the line of T-Shirts? Or the one that was a part time wannabe DJ? Or the one with the fucking moronic catchphrase "DENCH"? :oops: :roll:

All three? :rubchin:
He was the dench fella.
Frimpong's only redeeming features was that he gave Nasri the middle finger and wanted to fight him. Other than that, he was shit.
Proper shit!! He's currently on his 3rd club in 2017 alone and is plying his trade for Ermis Aradippou in that European footballing powerhouse of - - - - Cyprus :lol:

And he is still to register his first professional goal. Wenger has such an eye for a young player doesnt he ????
i think i remember him from our league cup campaign of 2010-11 :oops: :wink: :wink:

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:21 pm
NickF wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
One word - - - - -

Christ.... :shock: Which one was he again? The one that had the line of T-Shirts? Or the one that was a part time wannabe DJ? Or the one with the fucking moronic catchphrase "DENCH"? :oops: :roll:

He was the dench fella.
Frimpong's only redeeming features was that he gave Nasri the middle finger and wanted to fight him. Other than that, he was shit.
Proper shit!! He's currently on his 3rd club in 2017 alone and is plying his trade for Ermis Aradippou in that European footballing powerhouse of - - - - Cyprus :lol:

And he is still to register his first professional goal. Wenger has such an eye for a young player doesnt he ????
i think i remember him from our league cup campaign of 2010-11 :oops: :wink: :wink:

He has a great Eye for a player remember that German kid who had a solid game everytime he played, what was his name .... ah yes Gnabry he is doing great in Germany now. was Bayern's first target to sign, but who are they ?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

NickF wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
One word - - - - -

He was the dench fella.

:coffeespit:

You have got to be kidding right? Seriously?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I think Frimpong was also the dizzy fucktard that came out with the classic description of himself on Soccer AM as "Soft for the women, but hard for the men..." to which the entire studio audience, crew, guests and presenters pissed themselves laughing while the silly fucker sat there wondering what was so funny... :oops: :lol:

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

:lol: I never knew about that, he seems a dopey one.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:54 am
I think Frimpong was also the dizzy fucktard that came out with the classic description of himself on Soccer AM as "Soft for the women, but hard for the men..." to which the entire studio audience, crew, guests and presenters pissed themselves laughing while the silly fucker sat there wondering what was so funny... :oops: :lol:
Classic TV :lol:

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

DB10GOONER wrote:
What a chump. I suppose he can't help being thick but how the hell did he ever get anywhere near to being an a Arsenal player, let alone in the first team ????

I cannot begin to fathom out what Wenger sees when he looks at a player or a team.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:01 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
What a chump. I suppose he can't help being thick but how the hell did he ever get anywhere near to being an a Arsenal player, let alone in the first team ????

I cannot begin to fathom out what Wenger sees when he looks at a player or a team.
Potential....He never wanted to spend big money on renowned players because it always had to be about him.He always wanted to find that lump of coal and turn it into a diamond so he would be known as this great unearther of talent. Instead, for a decade, he has been buying lumps of dogshit and trying to disguise it by sprinkling them with glitter.

I wish somebody would write a book on him, exposing all of this and with pages and pages of his absurd contradictions and his shocking purchases, weighed up against his successes..

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

DB10GOONER wrote:

Yeah, it's insane what he sees sometimes. For me, Frimpong was a classic example of The Project. A shit young player with a little bit of potential that Mr 30 Year Footballing Genius thought he could turn into the next Vieira/Henry/Whomever. The worst thing was Wenger's ego (hidden behind the excuse/outright lie of "financial constraints") dragged out that fucking project for years, whilst he pissed away millions over-paying these useless kids and shit senior players like Song, Vela, Almunia, Denilson, Barndoor, Flappy, Hleb, etc etc etc and then, even after it was obvious they were not good enough, his ego couldn't admit he got it wrong and he extendfed their contracts with pay rises whilst he continued to hope against hope that they might come good and prove to the world just what a genius he is... :|

Clash

Post by Clash »

xisstential wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:47 am

I wish somebody would write a book on him, exposing all of this and with pages and pages of his absurd contradictions and his shocking purchases, weighed up against his successes..
I'd love to see that book written. Maybe the title could be something like:

Wenger: The man, the myth, the maggot!

Graham71

Post by Graham71 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:36 am
DB10GOONER wrote:

Yeah, it's insane what he sees sometimes. For me, Frimpong was a classic example of The Project. A shit young player with a little bit of potential that Mr 30 Year Footballing Genius thought he could turn into the next Vieira/Henry/Whomever. The worst thing was Wenger's ego (hidden behind the excuse/outright lie of "financial constraints") dragged out that fucking project for years, whilst he pissed away millions over-paying these useless kids and shit senior players like Song, Vela, Almunia, Denilson, Barndoor, Flappy, Hleb, etc etc etc and then, even after it was obvious they were not good enough, his ego couldn't admit he got it wrong and he extendfed their contracts with pay rises whilst he continued to hope against hope that they might come good and prove to the world just what a genius he is... :|
All the players you list where shit and you can add Gibbs and Ox to the list.But they are all out of the club.But one player is still at the club from The Project Wally Walcott.In January he will have been 12 years at the club,12 fucking years.Longer than legends Bergkamp Henry and Vieira were.Even clueless Wenger has now realised he is too shit to start Premier league games but we cant get rid of him because no one is stupid enough to pay his astronomical wages.Just to put it into context he earns more than Harry Kane and twice as much as Alli

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Graham71 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:12 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:36 am
DB10GOONER wrote:

All the players you list where shit and you can add Gibbs and Ox to the list.But they are all out of the club.But one player is still at the club from The Project Wally Walcott.In January he will have been 12 years at the club,12 fucking years.Longer than legends Bergkamp Henry and Vieira were.Even clueless Wenger has now realised he is too shit to start Premier league games but we cant get rid of him because no one is stupid enough to pay his astronomical wages.Just to put it into context he earns more than Harry Kane and twice as much as Alli
Well you are not going to sell your own son, are you? :rubchin:

:lol: :wink:

oaodan

Post by oaodan »

That pass last night showed why Jack was always the only one with potential to be a top footballer.Would luv it if he could salvage his career with Arsenal. Maybe too late, but few reminders last night of what he coulda become.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

oaodan wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:15 pm
That pass last night showed why Jack was always the only one with potential to be a top footballer.Would luv it if he could salvage his career with Arsenal. Maybe too late, but few reminders last night of what he coulda become.
Agree. I've long said we should get shot, although we have long since missed the boat of cashing in.

But last night was a throwback to his youth. More talent in his cacky ankles than Ramsey, Gibbs and Walcott put together. Don't think he'll ever turn it round given his fibreglass frame but a proper footballer.