David Dein

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
supergeorgegraham

David Dein

Post by supergeorgegraham »

Please come back and save our club. Use fan power to get rid of Kronke and his drones then advise we buy some good consistent players just like it was while you were here. Many many thanks

SteveO 35

Re: David Dein

Post by SteveO 35 »

Agreed. Sadly never to be called back unless Usmanov buys us and fires all of the useless c.unts who supposedly 'run' our club

Sean

Post by Sean »

He was clearly the man who drove TOF to make signings and improve the team. The Taylor to Wenger's Clough (Bit of a dis-service to Clough, but still).

Unfortunately Dein is also another of TOF's true believers, as shown in that powder-puff Wenger 1000 programme that aired just before we got raped 6-0 at Stamford Bridge in a perfect example as to why TOF isn't fit to manage Arsenal FC and hasn't been for some time. Tellingly, the programme showed little after 2005 or so.

So we're stuck with TOF and Kroenke, much like how North Korea is stuck with the Kim dynasty.

:suicide:
Last edited by Sean on Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

markyp

Post by markyp »

when I heard Dein had left it felt like someone had walked on my grave,and here we are Arsene F.C,everything Arsenal gone,we are now a money making franchise where football is second,stuck in a continual ground hog season where the supporters are treated with disdain,on an ever decreasing circle about to disappear up our own arse hole all for the love of money,what a business model for a football club.i knew we'd slowly capitulate without Dein,its taken a while but this rudderless ship is being cast further and further adrift and off into stormy waters,we are becoming the new Liverpool,believe me we could find ourselves in the wilderness for 20+ years.

Sean

Post by Sean »

Indeed. Dein's sacking was the turning point. Then TOF appointed his own boss and then ignored him, becoming a de facto board member and has ran the club by himself ever since. It was after that when his insane Project Youth went into overdrive.

Unfortunately we're still stuck with the excruciating sideways football that was brought in about then as well as his excessive frugality for transfers and the lack of top quality signings who were old enough to shave, killing his reputation season by season, to the point that we hate or despise him. The bastard has too much power and is accountable to no-one since Dein was removed.

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

ha-ha some people so far live in the past. When did this bloke fuck off before?. :D :D

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Sean wrote:He was clearly the man who drove TOF to make signings and improve the team. The Taylor to Wenger's Clough (Bit of a dis-service to Clough, but still).

Unfortunately Dein is also another of TOF's true believers, as shown in that powder-puff Wenger 1000 programme that aired just before we got raped 6-0 at Stamford Bridge in a perfect example as to why TOF isn't fit to manage Arsenal FC and hasn't been for some time. Tellingly, the programme showed little after 2005 or so.

So we're stuck with TOF and Kroenke, much like how North Korea is stuck with the Kim dynasty.

:suicide:
Very bad comparison with Clough and Taylor

donaldo71

Post by donaldo71 »

Dein is Wenger's biggest backer.We need someone at the club who will get rid of Wenger.

This club is going nowhere until Usmanov takes over

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

I didnt realise Usmanov was a manager as well :?

:wink:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Although Wenger was very much Dein's man, it has all gone downhill since he left and Wenger has effectively filled his void.

There is no way Wenger would have been allowed to continue these wild vanity projects unchecked and not a chance Dein would have allowed him to develop into the pathetic excuse for a football manager that he has.

augie

Post by augie »

My pro Dein stance has been long established on here (another issue which some have taken issue with me over :lol: ), but I do agree with Donaldo71 and worry that his friendship with wenker would prevent him being ruthless enough to get rid of him :rubchin: Saying all that, I would much rather have him back running the club cos at the worst he cant do any worse than the cu.nts currently in charge :roll: I think those anti-usmanov campaigners should now be taking a similar stance with him - the kroenke ownership hasn't worked out at all, and redaction and their ilk should be crying out for anyone (including usmanov) to take over the club and shake the club up again.

I know that I have had many arguments with a few redaction members on here, and they have said that they will never again get involved with the politics of who owns and runs the club, but you have to wonder if there is a line where they have to rethink their position on this - in my opinion every fans organisation (including the Gooner) should be uniting to organise some sort of SERIOUS protest against wiggy, but redaction above all others should be at the forefront of any protest seeing as their march organised a campaign of opposition to usmanov and support for kroenke :roll: Surely even if there is still some that support wenker (hard to believe but there you go :roll: ), the vast majority of Gooners all agree that kroenke is a wa.nker that needs to be forced out ?

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

It's not going to happen and even if it did, he'd give Wanker more and more chances. It would give him an excuse to have more time: "Oh, now that Dein's back, let's see what he and Arsene can do again". The only redeeming thing would be if he came back and made Wanker see sense by telling sitting him down and telling him that it's time to go. Besides, who fucking cares any more? The club's a joke, Wanker is a *word censored*. the owner is a prick and the fans are either frustrated and angry beyond belief or blindly living in complete brain-washed denial.

Herd

Post by Herd »

David Dein and his cohort DAnny Fizbang were opportunistic shitbags who have lined their pockets/graves with the gold of Arsenal Football Club !

It is their personal greed that left us in the comfortably numb situation we are now in !

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

The ship has sailed long ago. Bringing him back now with Wenger still there wouldn't solve things.

But the point is Wenger would never have become this quasi-director who can't see the wood for the trees if Dein was still there.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I thought Wenger and He are still best friends - and yet Dein is a Gooner - So how can the two things be accommodated - If my best mate was ballsing something up Big Time - Time and Time again - Something that I have great affection for I would just have to tell him friend or no friend.......so why doesn't Dein - Or is it all (still) about the Moolah....unless of course dein is also in a world of illusion.

:? :banghead: