Danny Welbeck

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Eboue-Why?

Danny Welbeck

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Surgery...out for 9 months

Gunner Rob

Re: Danny Welbeck

Post by Gunner Rob »

Eboue-Why? wrote:Surgery...out for 9 months
so basically he is going to be out for next season too :banghead:

looks like he is the new Diaby. :banghead:

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Didn't see the match but after reading about the injury, did Le Bumhole really ask him to try and run it off?

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:Didn't see the match but did Le Bumhole really ask him to try and run it off?
Apparently so!

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

The 'Welbeck' table is being engraved as we speak!! :barscarf:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Poor old Welbz. No history of injury problems, then joins us and suddenly he's injury prone. Saying that though, I bet we don't see him out boozing and smoking or fighting,

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

and on the up side he's nailed on to be like a new signing!!

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Isn't this news meant to be held until September 2nd?

I like the bloke, he really puts a shift in and his performance at Spurs was testament to that as he battled hard all game and gave the two CBs a tough time despite feeding off scraps until Giroud came on to saunter about like chasing down loose balls and defenders in possession is beneath him.

That said lets be brutally honest, he is not up to it at the top level and is a back-up/rotation option at best.

augie

Post by augie »

northbank123 wrote:Isn't this news meant to be held until September 2nd?

I like the bloke, he really puts a shift in and his performance at Spurs was testament to that as he battled hard all game and gave the two CBs a tough time despite feeding off scraps until Giroud came on to saunter about like chasing down loose balls and defenders in possession is beneath him.

That said lets be brutally honest, he is not up to it at the top level and is a back-up/rotation option at best.

Exactly how I feel 8)

I do feel sorry for the guy cos his attitude and work ethic are exceptional, but if we are honest we will admit that he isn't good enough to be the striker that will lead us to glory - the fact that he couldn't establish himself in the worst manure side for the past 20 years, tells it's own story imo

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

another young english player destroyed by Arsenal :barscarf:

:roll: :banghead:

armchair

Post by armchair »

Danny Welbeck's league games:
2010 - 26
2011 - 23
2012 - 30
2013 - 26
2014 - 32
(Move to Arsenal in 08/2014)
2015 - 9
2016 - 11
2017 - ?

From twatter.

Edit:-calendar years not seasons

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

Actually gutted for the player sure will never be a 15-20 league goalscorer but a valuable squad member for me.He is one of our current squad who you can't question his commitment and work rate.Looked like he actually gave a toss unlike many others.

Looks like nearly the whole of next season will be a write off and now major surgery both knees,not good.Will miss the Euro's and deserved his place in the national squad unlike others I can think of :rubchin: . Probably will be regretting chasing back and not shirking out of putting in a challenge unlike a 140k striker I can think of.

Well nailed on signing to come in now in the summer the much linked Internal Solution.

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

I can't say I'm shocked by this news. Why do we have so many injuries? Something is not right. Feel for the guy, he's only just come back, all set for the Euros after a few good games for us and now this.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Armchair's stats above says it all, and i'm fairly sure you could look at other players who had injury records no where near as severe until they joined us.

Why do so many of our young players or experienced players become permanent sick notes when they arrive with us but have never seemed to have as a bad an injury record elsewhere :rubchin:

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Dr Crippen & Dr Shipman couldn't have had him out injured for longer. Not a great player but a good worker and deserves better than wasting his life at Arsenal snapping every ligament in his body after implementing Arsene's archaic training methods.