Danny Welbeck

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Re: Danny Welbeck

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

Honestly, if you were a player in your prime, why would you want to go to Arsenal? The medical records for our players are fucking SHOCKING. It's like signing for Arsenal is a guarantee that you will sit out at least 6 months at some point.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

This man should be charged for impersonating a physiotherapist. Our injuries have been fucking disgraceful since Gary Lewin left.

We'd have more luck with a witch doctor.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:Image

This man should be charged for impersonating a physiotherapist. Our injuries have been fucking disgraceful since Gary Lewin left.

Agreed. Welbeck immediately knew his knee was knackered yet after the treatment he's put back on to play :roll: He was dead right to walk off the pitch with deadbeat "medical treatment" like that.

Same with Cazorla who played on for the whole game at Norwich with a serious knee injury and hasn't been see since. Pathetic.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

rodders999 wrote:

Agreed. Welbeck immediately knew his knee was knackered yet after the treatment he's put back on to play :roll: He was dead right to walk off the pitch with deadbeat "medical treatment" like that.

Same with Cazorla who played on for the whole game at Norwich with a serious knee injury and hasn't been see since. Pathetic.
Didn't same thing happen with Ozil at Chelsea last season (albeit not such a serious knee injury)?

Ed Hunter The Gooner

Post by Ed Hunter The Gooner »

northbank123 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Didn't same thing happen with Ozil at Chelsea last season (albeit not such a serious knee injury)?
Next Diaby in the making. Feel sorry for the lad.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:Poor old Welbz. No history of injury problems, then joins us and suddenly he's injury prone. Saying that though, I bet we don't see him out boozing and smoking or fighting,
http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_ ... njury.html

:eh:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

We'd be better off with the likes of Dr Crippin or Harold Shipman....

At least when they'd finished with a player the wages bill would go down :mrgreen:

Sean

Post by Sean »

I'm gutted for Danny.

Colin Lewin is as big a fraud as TOF himself. Why haven't we tried to get Gary Lewin back? He's hardly busy being an international physio.

:banghead:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Don't see why people are blaming Lewin? He got a knock on the knee whilst running. Don't see how the medical team could have prevented it.

Best wishes to Danny for a full recovery.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Nos89 wrote:Don't see why people are blaming Lewin? He got a knock on the knee whilst running. Don't see how the medical team could have prevented it.

I understand that he was sent back on to run it off though?

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

northbank123 wrote:
Nos89 wrote:Don't see why people are blaming Lewin? He got a knock on the knee whilst running. Don't see how the medical team could have prevented it.

Yes he lasted about a minute then walked off...I guess the club need to supply Lewin with those x-ray specs that all the other physios have.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Feel sorry for Welbeck - as if it wasn't bad enough having to sit idly by every week watching the Lamppost lumber around before being sent on to rescue things, he finally gets a chance at Citeh and picks up the Rosicknote curse of 20 mins football and 9 months out.

Looking at the positive, if TO1AW doesn't realise now that a 9 month injury spells striker crisis and forces him to buy someone half decent then nothing will. Having said that, this is the man who signed Chamakh and Park, so no doubt a total piece of shit from Ligue 1 is being lined up

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Nos89 wrote:
northbank123 wrote:

Yes he lasted about a minute then walked off...I guess the club need to supply Lewin with those x-ray specs that all the other physios have.
Part of being a sports physio at that level is an ability to assess injuries quickly during the game. Telling somebody to try and run off an injury which Is now keeping him out for 9 months isn't a great reflection on his ability to do that.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

SteveO 35 wrote:Feel sorry for Welbeck - as if it wasn't bad enough having to sit idly by every week watching the Lamppost lumber around before being sent on to rescue things, he finally gets a chance at Citeh and picks up the Rosicknote curse of 20 mins football and 9 months out.

Looking at the positive, if TO1AW doesn't realise now that a 9 month injury spells striker crisis and forces him to buy someone half decent then nothing will. Having said that, this is the man who signed Chamakh and Park, so no doubt a total piece of shit from Ligue 1 is being lined up
It didn't make him sign a striker in the summer when Welbeck was known to be out till January, so why would it now ?
In his mind Welbeck will be refreshed after his little time out.

Welbeck works his nuts off - a genuine trier, Walcott and Giroud strut / walk like peacocks, I know who I would rather have in the team.

Leicester won the title with a work ethic, no one is bigger than the team - what a contrast we have here.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

northbank123 wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
northbank123 wrote:

Part of being a sports physio at that level is an ability to assess injuries quickly during the game. Telling somebody to try and run off an injury which Is now keeping him out for 9 months isn't a great reflection on his ability to do that.

To counter part of being a physio is listening to the player, and if the player feels he can carry on. The knock he took to the knee wasn't extreme, or even a foul. Criticise the medical team when a player has a recurring injury, or continually have setbacks when returning. There isn't much Lewin could have done to prevent the 9 month lay off. Danny was up and walking.